AFL Autopsy Rnd 9: Mauled By the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Just not good enough. Umps atrocious, but doesn't really matter in the end. Our season is completely shot with our percentage.

TBC and Zaharakis can never play a game of football again. Completely cooked. I don't why we're persisting with them when the likes of Clarke and Begley can't get a game.

Gleeson is ordinary.

The good: Draper great, McGrath cracks in hard, Ridley is consistently good.

The bad: Merrett is spineless, Smith is an out of form greedy arsehole, Walla looks lost 90% of the time and always goes to ground.

The ugly: Townsend, Redman, Zaharakis, Ham, Bellchambers - Out, now.

Plus a whole lot of other bullshit I just cbf with, actually wanted to smash something regularly throughout the game.

Just not good enough. Umps atrocious, but doesn't really matter in the end. Our season is completely shot with our percentage.

TBC and Zaharakis can never play a game of football again. Completely cooked. I don't why we're persisting with them when the likes of Clarke and Begley can't get a game.
Plenty of learnings.

Thats why.

Lions were absolutely sparkling but I don’t think I can take anything from it, it was 2 hours of us trying our guts out to trap the ball in our forward half and then them immediately pinging it back over our heads for a goal. Tough, tough slog.

Draper will be a star

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t forget we have close to half our best team missing, it makes a difference.

But.....can someone explain to me the point of picking a bunch of short people and then playing slow, down the line footy??? Like...how is that ever going to work? The lack of correlation between team selection and playing style is bewildering right now.

A new low.. Lowest score this century. Another year and no finals win. How far have we fallen as a club. Blowtorch needs to well and truly come out

Every chance we go 0-5 in the next block of games. Probably what we deserve.

You can’t build a successful club off a team that sometimes gives a s**t but sometimes doesn’t give a s**t.

We have talent on paper but it shouldn’t be this hard to keep a bunch of professional athletes fired up week in week out. Surely they can do that themselves.

Completely outclassed all over

Great debut from Draper, play him for the rest (unless his body says otherwise)

We are still learning from our learnings from our previous learnings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back