AFL Toast RND3: Win Against The Aints

naraku

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
A.C. Milan
Just watched some highlights again, those spreads of ours are Caracella's work right? Especially going into the forward line was ******* devastating. It's been too long since we consistently did that on a near weekly basis. If we include the first half against the dawks, we've played 6 quarters of pure , sweeping attacking footy.
Not too bad , not too bad at all.

Seb78

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Essendon 2021 thus far

images.jpeg-14.jpg

So bloody proud of the young kids.

Showed some balls, guts, hard at it, worked their ***** off and RAN BOTH WAYS and persisted, persisted and persisted.

Stringer just shows why he and Tippa are so important up front - both X factors and can impact games without having a lot of touches.

Truck realizes DARCY PARISH IS A PURE MIDFIELDER - like really?

H kicked beautifully - Waterman should stay in - Wright did bugger all and should lose his spot - hope Redders is just short term as he was electric.

The Riddler I thought couldn't get better - I WAS WRONG - does not play like a kid with only 29 games experience. More like 229 games

Blood Bomber

Team Captain
May 19, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm back but I never left!
Eff this club and the ride it offers. Please just let's be a sucessful and feared club again.❤🖤

MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, Hibernian FC
I will also be watching the replay tomorrow too as well.
I won't be watching the replay tomorrow :weary:.

Hurts to do this, but very well played to your guys, it was a tremendous performance. Have to say I'm still in shock: after seeing your first two games, I was certain Saints would win comfortably, but we didn't turn up. The Saints performance was as embarrassing as Essendon's was excellent. A demolition job. Just three games in and we are already in the s**t.

Last edited:

Cup_o_Jobe

All Australian
Aug 9, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Two of my favorite players, Parish and Francis, cop a fair bit of heat around these parts (and at least in some cases, deservedly so), so it was especially pleasing to see them both play game styles/in positions that suit their strengths, and lo and behold, dominate the game. More of this please.

That was a whole lot of fun but unfortunately, on reflection I think we have to preach a little caution.

Attitude and effort make a HUGE difference at AFL level where 22 players have to be doing a defined job offensively and defensively.

We were great in that area, particularly early, and our confidence grew from there.

But SK were AWFUL. Particularly in the first quarter. Their lack of effort was extreme.

A fair few very frustrating Essendon players had one of their best career games today. I don’t think that’s a coincidence.

Boys had a crack but it was witches hat stuff for large part.

Almost wonder if you’d prefer a 10 point win against an opponent having a proper dip.

Great win, hopefully they enjoy it and then quickly knuckle down.
No doubt there will be some up and down games. I know the Saints where poor but our pressure was good all day. The game could have just meandered along in the second half and we win by 40 but it did not. We continued to match the periods they had the run of play. It does not change my opinion of where we are at. The challenge of the year for mine is still bringing the pressure over longer periods of games on a consistent level. It will be about not dropping the pressure in the next two weeks even if we fall a bit short.
I did not think we where terrible against the Hawks. One quarter of average footy and poor goal kicking beat us. The obvious this week is can they hold up against a side in red hot form away. What do they learn from the Port game.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Certainly didn't expect the result but am stoked. That might be the game that keeps Merrett. The future is bright and that was a lesson for staying the course: Laverde, Francis, Ham, Parish, Wright, BZT, Snelling, Guelfi, Cutler, that win is yours you mis-maligned bastards.

IHurley

All Australian
Jan 12, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
That was a whole lot of fun but unfortunately, on reflection I think we have to preach a little caution.

Attitude and effort make a HUGE difference at AFL level where 22 players have to be doing a defined job offensively and defensively.

We were great in that area, particularly early, and our confidence grew from there.

But SK were AWFUL. Particularly in the first quarter. Their lack of effort was extreme.

A fair few very frustrating Essendon players had one of their best career games today. I don’t think that’s a coincidence.

Boys had a crack but it was witches hat stuff for large part.

Almost wonder if you’d prefer a 10 point win against an opponent having a proper dip.

Great win, hopefully they enjoy it and then quickly knuckle down.
I don't think anybody's claiming this will be the impetus to make us top four but that's kind of the point. There'll be a lot of pain this year so let's enjoy the times when it does come together.

We'll probably still finish bottom 6 but a week ago we were wondering if we would win any bar Norf.

Any update on the Redman injury? That was a real downer for me, looked sharp for the first time in 18 months last night.

Quick, aggressive and assured, fingers crossed he doesn’t miss too many
Only minor. Played the second quarter with it so there’s a chance he might even only miss the 1.

I think it was listed as awareness, not an injury or anything

Any update on the Redman injury? That was a real downer for me, looked sharp for the first time in 18 months last night.

Quick, aggressive and assured, fingers crossed he doesn’t miss too many
I wonder when he did it? I saw him look proppy at end of second quarter so wonder if it was just the dreaded awareness, or something minor.

EDIT: well there you go, thanks VelvetSledge

Feb 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester City San Antonio Spurs
Only minor. Played the second quarter with it so there’s a chance he might even only miss the 1.

I think it was listed as awareness, not an injury or anything

Uh oh, hamstring awareness at Essendon turns into 8 weeks pretty quickly.

MAAAATTDAAAAMON

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2010
NSW
AFL Club
Essendon
Hind does more for the team than Saad ever did. Saved us some coin too
These posts are just cringworthy. Why does every second post about Hind have to imply he's as good or better than Saad? Let's see 3 consecutive top 3 best and fairest before we bang on about this.

Let's just enjoy Hind for a good replacement without always trying to downgrade the bloke we almost unanimously agreed was close to our best player.

Back