Toast Ro Recommits - Rowan Marshall re-signs until 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

His deal will take him to about 180 games for St.Kilda provided there's no injuries. Let's say 170 to be safe. He'd be nearing most games played as a ruckman for St.Kilda, wouldn't he? Two that come to mind are Ditterich and Everitt, how many did they play? Anyone else we can think of that rucked for us for years?

Edit- Ditterich 203, Everitt 180
Jeff Sarau 226 games. Clubhouse leader I think.

Jeff Sarau 226 games. Clubhouse leader I think.

It really does sound like you guys are making names up at this point.

Reginald Pennythistle , 464 games 1907-1919

Fact: Reggie held the hitouts to advantage club record until the mantle was cruely snatched away by generational talent, Michael Rix, in 1997.

Rix's achievement was all the more impressive given he did it at a time when his band, The Cranberries, were conquering the world with their smash hit, Zombie. (Michael played bass).

Fact: Reggie held the hitouts to advantage club record until the mantle was cruely snatched away by generational talent, Michael Rix, in 1997.

Rix's achievement was all the more impressive given he did it at a time when his band, The Cranberries, were conquering the world with their smash hit, Zombie. (Michael played bass).
Lol. Do you write for Wikipedia? Sounds like something on there.

Jeff Sarau was a cult hero surely you've heard of him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we can be cynical bastards but I don't like these long term deals.

RoMa's best work was 3 years ago and he's bee there abouts ever since Ryder came in.
Hopefully from this point he's playing as our #1 ruck and Ryder plays the majority of time forward.

Good luck to him. Time to carry the load and lead that midfield with Steeley!

RoMa's best work was 3 years ago and he's bee there abouts ever since Ryder came in.
Hopefully from this point he's playing as our #1 ruck and Ryder plays the majority of time forward.

I'm hoping for the reverse Grundy, they gave him a huge long term deal and he turned to s**t overnight. Rowan has been average for a couple of years with injury and form, perhaps he'll turn to gold now.

he hasn't even played 100 games yet.

Was It a 5 year deal that Hamil was on, when the club said they would never ever ever take anyone on such a long contract again?

he hasn't even played 100 games yet.

True but, assuming he plays every game, he wont bring that up for 2 years. At that point he'll be 28 (pushing 29) and right into the 'peak' of his career.

Now is the time to make him the #1 ruck. Ryder forward and pinch hitting. Get ready for the Marshall/Hayes set up next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back