Road To The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

you need to complete a queensland border declaration here qld.gov.au/border-pass/general

as long as you're only transiting through sydney and don't leave the airport you'll be fine under the current restrictions.. it appears you can make this application up to 7 days before travel.. should it be required i'd suggest making application as early as possible to get that approval confirmed..

we've booked refundable tickets transiting through sydney to the gold coast on friday 23rd..
Thanks for the info! Seeing how we'll know 8 days before the GF, I'll probably do it 7 days before in anticipation of getting tickets to the game.

you need to complete a queensland border declaration here qld.gov.au/border-pass/general

as long as you're only transiting through sydney and don't leave the airport you'll be fine under the current restrictions.. it appears you can make this application up to 7 days before travel.. should it be required i'd suggest making application as early as possible to get that approval confirmed..

we've booked refundable tickets transiting through sydney to the gold coast on friday 23rd..

You need to complete a Queensland border declaration form even though you are only transiting through Sydney Airport?

Just make sure you have a few spare tyres in the boot.

View attachment 979062

DJ John "Vinnie" Vincent recorded this many moons ago and I always think of it when I see Innamincka. This is the original recording with his first band, but I used to hear him with his Ken Oath Ockerstra which was a slicker sounding version.

Last edited:

A friend was talking with Stephen Shirley last night and he mentioned an on sale, not a ballot, and mentioned that 100% pledge Platinum (& BD/1870 I'm assuming) will be top priority.
What does an on sale mean?

The AFL are very limited with what they allow with finals ticketing. Port have been lucky to get 2 windows for their members since the 2014 finals stuff up only 1 window for all membership categories. We have wanted more but the AFL always says no.

What does an on sale mean?

The AFL are very limited with what they allow with finals ticketing. Port have been lucky to get 2 windows for their members since the 2014 finals stuff up only 1 window for all membership categories. We have wanted more but the AFL always says no.
I have no idea to be honest, I don't like the sound of it. Maybe they're selling 8k to the club and it's up to the club how they divvy them up. If there's only two windows for the GF I really hope it's 100% BD/1870/Platinum pledgers, then the rest.

You need to complete a Queensland border declaration form even though you are only transiting through Sydney Airport?
Just started filling one out without submitting it to see what was required, and yes you do (even if flying direct from SA > QLD you need to do it). Good news is, the form confirms that flying via a COVID hotspot including NSW for the purpose of transit, without leaving the airport, is fine once you've input that info.

I was a bit worried because our usual group of footy attendees had a NSW ring-in book for the QF and had flights from NSW to SA via VIC, without leaving the airport. The airline told him that was fine, but he was forced to either quarantine for 14 days or leave immediately at Adelaide Airport. Not sure why he booked that stupid route since I don't know the guy, but I suppose I've done the same thing to QLD, only via NSW instead of VIC, as it was the only option with (someone else's) FF points. QLD and SA seem to have different rules regarding airport transit though.

I have no idea to be honest, I don't like the sound of it. Maybe they're selling 8k to the club and it's up to the club how they divvy them up. If there's only two windows for the GF I really hope it's 100% BD/1870/Platinum pledgers, then the rest.
If what Harrison told me ends up being the final process, then we only get 1 window and its for the bit over 10,000 100% eligible pledgers.

When I spoke to him a couple of days after the Collingwood game he made it sound like 10,000ish had pledged 100% across all categories, but since then I've talked to about 25 people who had a GF Guarantee and only 2 didn't pledge 100%, they pledge 75% as they had a family ticket. That suggests to me 10,000ish of the 14,000ish members who had a GF Guarantee (before Covid hit) pledged 100%.

The 14,000 members I believe are Club 1870, Black Diamond, Platinum A, Platinum B, Platinum West Platinum (ie old Essential Power members in western stand with a Platinum upgrade ie both reserved seat upgrade or unreserved seat) amd West Gold with a reserved seat upgrade.

Thanks for the info! Seeing how we'll know 8 days before the GF, I'll probably do it 7 days before in anticipation of getting tickets to the game.

Don't stress out about the border approval process. You fill in the form online and it automatically approves your application provided you've answered the right questions. You get an email straight away then with the border passed attached.

I went up to QLD in September and it was a ridiculously easy process.

that's how i read it.. anyone entering queensland needs to complete the declaration.. one of the questions relates to having been through a 'covid 19 hotspot' which you would have to answer yes by transiting through nsw.. it then asks a series of questions which includes transiting without leaving the airport.. once you complete the questionaire it confirms you can enter qld without having to quarantine..

Under Queensland laws if you transit through a Victorian airport you'll have to quarantine, but NSW is okay for transit. DO NOT FLY VIA MELBOURNE OR AVALON!!!

Under Queensland laws if you transit through a Victorian airport you'll have to quarantine, but NSW is okay for transit. DO NOT FLY VIA MELBOURNE OR AVALON!!!

where is this information from??

according to the qld border declaration once you declare you've come from a covid 19 hotspot (entire states of NSW including the border zone and VIC) you are presented with the below options.. the 10th option relates to transiting through an airport but nothing to distinguish whether it was through vic or nsw.. it will then approve entry to qld without having to quarantine..

not saying you're incorrect, just the document is going to cause big problems for people if there is legislation we're unaware of stating you can't transit through a vic airport..

1601985564420.png

according to the qld border declaration once you declare you've come from a covid 19 hotspot (entire states of NSW including the border zone and VIC) you are presented with the below options.. the 10th option relates to transiting through an airport but nothing to distinguish whether it was through vic or nsw.. it will then approve entry to qld without having to quarantine..

not saying you're incorrect, just the document is going to cause big problems for people if there is legislation we're unaware of stating you can't transit through a vic airport..
Unless if the laws have changed again, it actually said on the Queensland Government site if you were transitting from Melbourne Tullamarine airport you'd have to quarantine.

Unless if the laws have changed again, it actually said on the Queensland Government site if you were transitting from Melbourne Tullamarine airport you'd have to quarantine.

it gets confusing as the laws are changing constantly.. i realise you were offering advice in good faith..

i think the best advice is for people to do their own research and satisfy themselves they're complying with relevant legislation within the jurisdiction they're entering..

as pafc supporters, should the stars align and we do need to travel i think it's important to get that approval as soon as it can be applied for especially if transiting through a covid hotspot..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

30 hour flight away and with Australia apparently existing in a bubble for the interminable future I think not.

With that said this is apparently easier than going overland to Australia these days.. God help anyone driving the Birdsville Track on the way back if we lose, 3-4 days to mull over what could have been :straining:

There is no ballot.

It is first in best dressed to the Ticketmaster website when the Port members window opens.

This could change, but this is how it would work as detailed to me by Harrison in the membership department when I spoke to him on 23rd September.

The little over 10,000 eligible members will have a 2 or 3 hour window to buy tickets and any tickets not purchased in Port's 8,100 allocation (and the other teams allocation) will then be able to be purchased by the general public - anywhere in Oz and the world I presume.
Is this for all members who have pledged 100% eg if you’re only a gold reserved member but you’ve pledged 100% are you the same as an 1870 member?

Is this for all members who have pledged 100% eg if you’re only a gold reserved member but you’ve pledged 100% are you the same as an 1870 member?
Read my post #57 above.

30 hour flight away and with Australia apparently existing in a bubble for the interminable future I think not.

With that said this is apparently easier than going overland to Australia these days.. God help anyone driving the Birdsville Track on the way back if we lose, 3-4 days to mull over what could have been :straining:
The drive back is OK, can drive thru NSW and don't have to quarantine when get to SA.

There is no ballot.

It is first in best dressed to the Ticketmaster website when the Port members window opens.

This could change, but this is how it would work as detailed to me by Harrison in the membership department when I spoke to him on 23rd September.

The little over 10,000 eligible members will have a 2 or 3 hour window to buy tickets and any tickets not purchased in Port's 8,100 allocation (and the other teams allocation) will then be able to be purchased by the general public - anywhere in Oz and the world I presume.
Well that changes things completely.

As a Club 1870 member our benefits included GF Ticket guarantee.

When asked by the club to pledge 100%, these were the new conditions laid out. I'd expect that guarantee to be upheld for those Club 1870 members who pldged 100%.
a71f8803358d597795f364882d0f5eb6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As a Club 1870 member our benefits included GF Ticket guarantee.

When asked by the club to pledge 100%, these were the new conditions laid out. I'd expect that guarantee to be upheld for those Club 1870 members who pldged 100%.
a71f8803358d597795f364882d0f5eb6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It’s the same for every member category with a GF guarantee. The fact we have more guarantees than tickets available means the guarantee won’t be upheld and will turn into a first in best dressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, 3 cases in a population of 8.158 million people, better keep those borders shut Annastacia!
It's all about the votes.

Her logic for declaring all of NSW a hotspot is that anyone from Sydney can travel there but anyone from Sydney can travel to SA as well.

She won't close it to SA because she knows she would likely lose the GF if she did that. All about the votes

Bit late, but it might be good if there is a 2021 Covid Cup as the Strzelecki Track upgrade got $100m in last night's budget.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back