Road To The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Will they run two member categories for GF?

Like a window for the Black Diamond, 1870 fully fledged lot...

And then the other categories?

Before opening it up to public?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will they run two member categories for GF?

Like a window for the Black Diamond, 1870 fully fledged lot...

And then the other categories?

Before opening it up to public?

You would hope so but i see some are saying well only get one window.
all members should come before the general public in my opinion.
I am only a qld member so would be at the bottom of the list lol.

Looked at flights for my son and I a month ago but didn't pull the trigger. Then looked again on the weekend when it was too late. Should've booked as soon as they locked in date, venue, and time. I'm usually good with these things but life got in the way. Spewing.

This is the opposite of what I've been told.
Harrison from membership department told me that on 23 September the AFL would only allow 1 window for both competing club's members then what's not sold to these members ie 8,100 x 2, would then go on sale to the public in the next window.

He said it might change before the final process is released to the GF clubs' members.

Who did you speak to and what did they tell you?

Harrison from membership department told me that on 23 September the AFL would only allow 1 window for both competing club's members then what's not sold to these members ie 8,100 x 2, would then go on sale to the public in the next window.

He said it might change before the final process is released to the GF clubs' members.

Who did you speak to and what did they tell you?
Someone higher up less than 24 hours ago, and not really sure I should post exactly what I was told; but it was basically that Platinum (and the likes i.e Club 1870) who pledged 100% will have top priority and won't be grouped with the lower groups who also pledged 100%.

Someone higher up less than 24 hours ago, and not really sure I should post exactly what I was told; but it was basically that Platinum (and the likes i.e Club 1870) who pledged 100% will have top priority and won't be grouped with the lower groups who also pledged 100%.
Did they talk about 10,000ish being eligible? That's the figure Harrison told me and it came across as all the 100% plegers - he wasn't specific if it was all the 100% pledgers.

But since then I have had a few conversations with other members and I reckon the 10,000ish 100% pledgers relates to just the 14,000ish members with a Grand Final guarantee.

If the AFL have finally listened to the clubs and made more than 1 window for members before any leftovers are released to the general public, then that is great.

If there are 2 windows and only indeed 10,000ish members across all categories pledged 100% then I would say all those who have access to the first priority window, will get a ticket.

Did they talk about 10,000ish being eligible? That's the figure Harrison told me and it came across as all the 100% plegers - he wasn't specific if it was all the 100% pledgers.

But since then I have had a few conversations with other members and I reckon the 10,000ish 100% pledgers relates to just the 14,000ish members with a Grand Final guarantee.

If the AFL have finally listened to the clubs and made more than 1 window for members before any leftovers are released to the general public, then that is great.

If there are 2 windows and only indeed 10,000ish members across all categories pledged 100% then I would say all those who have access to the first priority window, will get a ticket.
I didn't ask about numbers, just about priority.

I would say, the only worry for anyone with a Platinum/Club 1870 etc membership with 100% pledged getting a ticket, would be others with the same priority buying tickets despite not having flights/a way to get there etc.

I'd say, across the board if you wanted a ticket in that group - you will likely get one. But who knows. My heart will still be racing up until the moment my credit card is charged. Even as an "Ambassador" I don't have a 100% guarantee I will get a ticket either, as the system has changed this year with everything; so will be interesting.

I'd be surprised if more than 8,000 people would be able to make their way from Adelaide to Brisbane. Factor in the already exorbitant air fare prices and people having no way of getting back to Adelaide by the Monday (even if there's extra flights they'll be expensive and snapped up quickly). And on top of that now it's looking less likely QLD are going to open the borders to NSW with yesterdays cluster so driving the Birdsville track isn't really an option for most. I reckon as long as people aren't selfish and think about actually being able to attend before buying a ticket, then most people going to Brisbane would get a ticket.

I'd be surprised if more than 8,000 people would be able to make their way from Adelaide to Brisbane. Factor in the already exorbitant air fare prices and people having no way of getting back to Adelaide by the Monday (even if there's extra flights they'll be expensive and snapped up quickly). And on top of that now it's looking less likely QLD are going to open the borders to NSW with yesterdays cluster so driving the Birdsville track isn't really an option for most. I reckon as long as people aren't selfish and think about actually being able to attend before buying a ticket, then most people going to Brisbane would get a ticket.
We will sell out our allocation. We have plenty of fans outside SA who will travel there. Supposedly 12% of our supporter base live in Queensland. How many of them have/will ask family and friends if they can use their code to buy tickets if they aren't travelling up? I've been asked the question by 3 of them already.

Transiting thru Sydney airport hasn't been banned yet, despite the 3 unaccounted cases in Sydney. Flying the long way into Brisbane is an alternative, airlines will put on extra flights, people will pay for them, plenty of people pre booked flights 2-6 weeks ago with refundable/credit tickets. Some will drive but it will be very few. Of the 15,000 - 20,000 who went to 2007 how many drove?? Half? So the other half go in early or were prepared to pay the higher last minute airline fees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will sell out our allocation. We have plenty of fans outside SA who will travel there. Supposedly 12% of our supporter base live in Queensland. How many of them have/will ask family and friends if they can use their code to buy tickets if they aren't travelling up? I've been asked the question by 3 of them already.

Transiting thru Sydney airport hasn't been banned yet, despite the 3 unaccounted cases in Sydney. Flying the long way into Brisbane is an alternative, airlines will put on extra flights, people will pay for them, plenty of people pre booked flights 2-6 weeks ago with refundable/credit tickets. Some will drive but it will be very few. Of the 15,000 - 20,000 who went to 2007 how many drove?? Half? So the other half go in early or were prepared to pay the higher last minute airline fees.
Supporter base? Like actual members or people who say "I follow Port"? I really hope the club tries to put a stop to people giving away/selling barcode numbers because its could end up hurting legitimate members who should have a GF guarantee.

The community transmission in NSW has just gone up to 8 as of today so I guess we'll wait and see what happens there, but if I had a ticket transiting through NSW I'd be a tad worried. Also have already heard of a few people pulling the pin on going that had planned on going because of the prices of flights already.

I guess this is all hypothetical right now but I hope the club comes out with some info sooner than later so everyone know's what the deal is if we win the prelim.

Supporter base? Like actual members or people who say "I follow Port"? I really hope the club tries to put a stop to people giving away/selling barcode numbers because its could end up hurting legitimate members who should have a GF guarantee.

The community transmission in NSW has just gone up to 8 as of today so I guess we'll wait and see what happens there, but if I had a ticket transiting through NSW I'd be a tad worried. Also have already heard of a few people pulling the pin on going that had planned on going because of the prices of flights already.

I guess this is all hypothetical right now but I hope the club comes out with some info sooner than later so everyone know's what the deal is if we win the prelim.
12% of our supporter base, a supporter isn't necessarily a member, is the figure Port uses in its marketing to potential corporates. Its from those those annual Roy Morgan surveys.

We have a few hundred members up in Qld as can be seen in those early games with crowds, as only members from the two clubs could buy tickets when Covid restrictions were still tight. My mate who was Prez of NSW Supporters Group for a decade and moved to Brisbane a few years ago reckons it was about 400.

If we win, I would expect a media release after the game on Friday night sometime, Saturday morning at the latest. I reckon they will be a bit gun shy to say anything before hand not to look cocky.

It would be nice if next week after the SF's are played, if they made an announcement - starting with something from the AFL first, so then the 4 PF clubs could release something and it doesn't look cocky by anyone of them.

if I had a ticket transiting through NSW I'd be a tad worried.
I'm in this situation and a tad worried, but not more than that....yet. The current QLD regulations allow air transit without leaving the airport through any COVID hotspot, which seems to even include VIC. So unless they follow Victoria with a sudden large second wave and are getting 100s of cases a day, I don't think they'll change it.

It's not good news for the chances of getting an exemption to drive through though. QLD would probably want them to stop entirely pretty soon to allow that, you'd think, if they are even contemplating it at all.

My information is similar to RussellEbertHandball in that there will only be 1 group priority which will be all of those with the traditional "GF priority" ticket (platinum, 1870, Black Diamond). I dont think it will matter whether you pledged 100% or not if you are in this category.....

Put simply, if you are in this group, and you have a want and a will to get there, i am pretty confident you will get a ticket.

Yeah if I miss out on a ticket to the GF because there are more than 8k guaranteed members who want to go I will feel unlucky but OK with it.

If I miss out because someone who can't go has passed their barcode onto a casual fan or a neutral I will be livid.

Yeah if I miss out on a ticket to the GF because there are more than 8k guaranteed members who want to go I will feel unlucky but OK with it.

If I miss out because someone who can't go has passed their barcode onto a casual fan or a neutral I will be livid.
this is probably something that may happen, and i cant imagine how it is prevented....

I am just putting the warning out now.

If you share your barcode.

I have a very special set of skills....

d8d5d9ecca50bc944d093ed69e00c7ed.jpg

My information is similar to RussellEbertHandball in that there will only be 1 group priority which will be all of those with the traditional "GF priority" ticket (platinum, 1870, Black Diamond). I dont think it will matter whether you pledged 100% or not if you are in this category.....

Put simply, if you are in this group, and you have a want and a will to get there, i am pretty confident you will get a ticket.
Yeah, this could be it perhaps. I only asked about Platinum/1870 as I know they are usually the only ones guaranteed the GF Ticket; so it could be the case that it's these members first; then everyone else following; which is probably the best we can expect if they are only allowed one category.

Yeah, this could be it perhaps. I only asked about Platinum/1870 as I know they are usually the only ones guaranteed the GF Ticket; so it could be the case that it's these members first; then everyone else following; which is probably the best we can expect if they are only allowed one category.

I reckon either way we will get told pretty quickly after a positive result next Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back