Autopsy Roast and toast round 6 vs Melbourne and changes for West Coast

Best vs Demons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Like many people have already pointed out, Short going into centre bounces does add more speed, so could, and arguably should, be explored further this week. The only unknown with Shorty in the middle is whether or not he can win the contested ball against the big AFL mids.
I think he could be more suited to a wing than in the middle. That way we could leave Mansell in the back half.

Round 7 availability: Martin, Cotchin, Tarrant​

Richmond will also be without veterans Trent Cotchin and Robbie Tarrant for the Eagles clash, with Livingstone confirming neither will travel to Perth.

Well I hope dimma read of my plan to send Noah to FB

Might see a Miller or Biggie along with what you mentioned that wouldn’t be a bad learning experience

Won’t go down well but I think Aarts will also back in the side based on his VFL form

Would love to see Sonsie but didn’t set the world on fire in the vfl last week
Wouldn’t be rushing sonz, stack and lambo and aarts wouldn’t surprise either coming off 30p

Dimma has always gone next best man into the team when we have players going out, but while Aarts would be the next 'best' player based on VFL numbers, there comes a point where you have to take a gamble with players like Cumberland (if fit), Sonsie, Stack, MR Jr etc.

Sometimes, a team doesn't need the next best player. They need the player that gives the team the most energy, contest and fighting spirit.

Yup agree
Balta back to regain some touch - replaces Tarrant, Soldo in which means Jack and Tim Lunch patrol the forward 50 and then we play around with Stack and Lambo as well.

I don't mind this.
If we only have Jack and lunch there then the smalls and I’m looking at George need to step,up and be there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I expect Balta to return prob match up darling . Pretty sure gibbo matched up Luke Jackson most of the night when in F50 and did well

Reading Morris' VFL report now that its out, if anyone is likely to come up from VFL, it sounds more like Biggie than Miller.

Can defo see Balta swinging back into defence as the most likely option though.

Kids we drafted last year look very good but IMHO we haven't yet drafted the best two midfielders in our next premiership team..I'm just hoping they've at least been born!

Our backline is sorted especially if we played Balta back but mids and Riewoldt replacements look weak

Nothing against club or the players themselves.. the Martins, Cotchins and Olivers of the world simply don't grow on trees..

Unfortunately the Cotchins, Martins, Petraccas, Walsh’s, Olivers, Daicos’s, Bonts of the world ‘grow’ in the top-5 of the draft …..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No, I expect Balta to return prob match up darling . Pretty sure gibbo matched up Luke Jackson most of the night when in F50 and did well

IIRC Vlastuin absolutely towelled up Darling last year…. kept him to 7 touches and no score.m, so he will take Darling.

Gibcus is not big or experienced enough for JK. I reckon they’ll bring Miller in and give him first crack with Balta ready to go back if JK kicks a couple of early ones and Balta’s giving nothing up forward.

Gibcus to play on a medium or resting ruck.

IIRC Vlastuin absolutely towelled up Darling last year…. kept him to 7 touches and no score.m, so he will take Darling.

Gibcus is not big or experienced enough for JK. I reckon they’ll bring Miller in and give him first crack with Balta ready to go back if JK kicks a couple of early ones and Balta’s giving nothing up forward.

Gibcus to play on a medium or resting ruck.

Morris quite harsh on Miller's performance against Casey. I think if any of our defenders is elevated, its more likely to be Biggie than Miller. Although Miller did have his hands full with McDonald all day, so maybe a bit too harsh from Morris?

Think we're more likely to see Balta moved back into defence though as option 1.

Morris quite harsh on Miller's performance against Casey. I think if any of our defenders is elevated, its more likely to be Biggie than Miller. Although Miller did have his hands full with McDonald all day, so maybe a bit too harsh from Morris?

Think we're more likely to see Balta moved back into defence though as option 1.
Na I don't think it was harsh. Miller just wasn't competitive enough in the air :(

Morris was right. For those of us who watch the reserves, We all want our players to make it, so as to make that next step up but i must say I'm not feeling it with Miller. It's not like he is in his first year, it's his 5th.
From the limited games in the seniors and many in the reserves, he is simply not aggressive enough in the air, with no ferocity in the contest.
When was the last time you saw him lift both feet off the ground and impact an aerial contest?

For a man of his size who has genuine pace, he doesn't utilise it enough. I see more potential in Biggy.

Morris was right. For those of us who watch the reserves, We all want our players to make it, so as to make that next step up but i must say I'm not feeling it with Miller. It's not like he is in his first year, it's his 5th.
From the limited games in the seniors and many in the reserves, he is simply not aggressive enough in the air, with no ferocity in the contest.
When was the last time you saw him lift both feet off the ground and impact an aerial contest?

For a man of his size who has genuine pace, he doesn't utilise it enough. I see more potential in Biggy.

While not necessarily Miller's fault, but he does need more exposure to some of the better key forwards in the comp to improve at this stage of his development.

In games hes looked good, he hasn't needed to match up on the best or even half decent key forwards: Hawthorn (McEvoy), GWS (Riccardi, Himmelberg, Brander), Dogs (Ugle Hagan), Adelaide (Gollant).

When he's played against the better forwards, there's a clear difference in quality: McDonald, Himmelberg (Adel) and Walker

Ideally, I think you'd play a backline of Grimes, Gibcus and Miller with Vlaustin also there to help Miller develop, or Grimes, Balta and Miller with Vlaustin if Gibcus starts to slow down a little.

While not necessarily Miller's fault, but he does need more exposure to some of the better key forwards in the comp to improve at this stage of his development.

In games hes looked good, he hasn't needed to match up on the best or even half decent key forwards: Hawthorn (McEvoy), GWS (Riccardi, Himmelberg, Brander), Dogs (Ugle Hagan), Adelaide (Gollant).

When he's played against the better forwards, there's a clear difference in quality: McDonald, Himmelberg (Adel) and Walker

Ideally, I think you'd play a backline of Grimes, Gibcus and Miller with Vlaustin also there to help Miller develop, or Grimes, Balta and Miller with Vlaustin if Gibcus starts to slow down a little.
Miller is slow to react but quick once going. Can’t mark. Will never hurt an opposition. Biggie might hurt them.

Miller is slow to react but quick once going. Can’t mark. Will never hurt an opposition. Biggie might hurt them.

I heard on the Talking Tigers podcast Balme was asked I think by Richo what his opinion of Noah regarding his playing position Balme's immediate response was that he is a backman.

That was a telling response.

Great to see Noah at least listed at full back, keep him there and he will develop into a defensive beast, premierships are built on strong stable back lines not on swing men.

Good to see Stack named and MRJ, hopefully junior gets time in the middle

RCD retains his spot he just needs one break out game for him to believe he belongs at the top echelon... hopefully tomorrow he begins that process of belief.

Back