Autopsy Roast and toast vs Brisbane and changes Port Adelaide

Best vs Lions

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as Balta and Baker stay back, and Miller plays second ruck I think that's a pretty good side. Rioli Jnr in for Edwards adds a shitload of pace and pressure. I still would have preferred Mansell over Gibcus for Grimes but who knows? Might be the right choice.

Yep, agree with all points here.
Ginni is getting jack now in relation to frees & I'm good with that.
It was obvious this would happen & our club and Jack have to take a large portion of ownership and blame here.
Ginni openly admitted that as a kid he copied his AFL idols and practiced this so called "skill" (read Blight) whilst the likes of Duckwood continues to get away with it over a 350 game career with seemingly no blame whatsoever.
The AFL are also to blame as they should have eradicated this disease a decade or more ago, starting by initiating a rule change at under 16's and 18's level first as they have done with other rule changes in the past.
Buckley & McCrae are to blame also & should have intervened & coached this tactic out of him with an emphasis on going hard at the ball instead of encouraging it's continuation.
The kid only needs to look at the likes of Baker as a role model who I openly have a man crush on. He's tough, fair, goes super hard at the ball, works his arse off and never plays for free kicks. He never complains on field & every possie is earnt and as such he rightly deserves universal respect.
It's ironic that Selwood has been ducking for free kicks for over a decade yet it took the rodent Ginnivan to get the rule changed. Now we just need the rodent to start throwing the ball over his head to get that one fixed as well

In Search Of.
Riley Collier-Dawkins.
Lambs, Cads, Matty P and probably Riley depart.
In two minds about Shedsy.
Need to recruit an elite GWS mid, can back-end the salary.
Trent definitely plays on next year.
images (10) (3).jpeg

Last edited:

It's ironic that Selwood has been ducking for free kicks for over a decade yet it took the rodent Ginnivan to get the rule changed. Now we just need the rodent to start throwing the ball over his head to get that one fixed as well
Hey, that's our rodent :tearsofjoy:
While were at it, how about getting rid of the throw all together??
Either bring in a 4th Scump so there is always an ump either side of the ball so as to take out the constant geuss work and blatant throws or go back to one ump, swallow the whistle and let the game flow.
While their at it, piss off all the shitty confusing rule changes introduced over the years and start paying holding the ball or in the back.

Last edited:
I had to double-check, that you actually follow Collingwood. You are very level-headed, a well articulated post, concise, and honest. No sugar coating unlike some of your fellow supporters. I do agree duckwood has gotten away with it more times than not, but glad the AFL has acted, not only towards ginnivan but every player who is dropping their body, lifting their arms and ducking to initiate a head high free.
Cheers mate, missed your post yesterday

4cSR.gif

Last edited:
Yeh like Rioli going back?

Poeple love to s**t on moves that don't work but completely forget that they do pay off at times and are never going to have a 100% success rate.

Balta going forward is particularly one that's silly to criticise. We literally had only Jack as available tall forwards with Lynch out yet have more mid to tall defenders than we go play.
It's not just about best position, it's about who we have available.
Rioli was put there to replace Houli no problem there the problem is Baker and Balta have proven where they are best at yet he keeps playing them elsewhere, Same as Stack same as others. You don't rob paul to feed Peter. We have players that can play positions you so call playing them cause of circumstances. Eg Maurice can play the forward roll they are trying Baker too. The old saying is so true why change something when it's working instead of fixing the problems that exist? Moving players out of their best positions to plug holes elsewhere creates 2 problems, not the one you started off with.
What do I know anyway?

Rioli was put there to replace Houli no problem there the problem is Baker and Balta have proven where they are best at yet he keeps playing them elsewhere, Same as Stack same as others. You don't rob paul to feed Peter. We have players that can play positions you so call playing them cause of circumstances. Eg Maurice can play the forward roll they are trying Baker too. The old saying is so true why change something when it's working instead of fixing the problems that exist? Moving players out of their best positions to plug holes elsewhere creates 2 problems, not the one you started off with.
What do I know anyway?
lols. pretty sure it's you don't rob Peter to pay Paul...dimma has stated in the past that they often use the h and away season games to trial some blokes playing multiple posies and a great example of this is floss getting his face caved in by dangerflog in the granny. you never know when you are gonna have to do the old magnet shuffle in a granny....

I just meant in general this season. Blues, Geelong, saints and Sydney games we collapsed in the midfield and got rolled over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, we collapsed because defensively we were poor. Desitions like the blues game off not dropping back Balta and Baker killed us wasn't the mids it was selections. Geelong same thing such as the last game Brisb we just fell in a hole defensively. We haven't been the greatest mid-team but the strong rebounding defenses we had, brought our mids into the game. Most of the games we lost which we never should have were all down to selections during the game. Eg where is the strategy when we are miles in front and teams get a run on so we can protect our lead? Where is the strategy when we are getting belted early instead wait till halftime when we are 40 points down to make the switch which nearly won us the game against Geelong and got us the win against Brisbane? Gosh, we did the same crap with Norf F m Norf!
The more I look into our season the more I come back to the selections, not the injuries, not the rules not the teams we play against just plain and symbol selections before during and after Games.

lols. pretty sure it's you don't rob Peter to pay Paul...dimma has stated in the past that they often use the h and away season games to trial some blokes playing multiple posies and a great example of this is floss getting his face caved in by dangerflog in the granny. you never know when you are gonna have to do the old magnet shuffle in a granny....
Lol hey my name is Peter and I don't get robbed so rob it is :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back