Autopsy Roast and toast vs Geelong and changes for West Coast

Best

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course he has a duty of care and in this instance he has failed to do so and he'll cop a few weeks on the side line as a result. My point is that this game is unique in that we have players who attack the ball/contest at speed from 360 degrees and need to make split second decisions as to whether they bump or tackle, none are going to last very long at the highest level if they opt to avoid contact and just let the opposition have an easy touch. This board is littered with posts where our own players crucified because they 'shirked' contact and wouldn't put their bodies on the line when they should have and there are plenty where our own are celebrated for doing similar to what Stewart did if not worse (see Vickery clocking Cox and Turner laying out O'Donnell as 2 examples)

As I mentioned earlier Marlion Pickett was lauded for his bump on Moore against Hawthorn and we all cried foul when he was suspended for it. For mine we can't have it both ways, we can't expect our players to go hard at the opponent/contest and then get upset when the opposition does the same to us.
Go join the Cats board.
Seriously mate how can you defend somebody who DECIDES to BUMP.
Why didn't he take the obvious route of tackling instead?
Either way it would've been a free kick to Prestia.
He chose the best way to takeout our best Mid.
Simple as that.

Super proud of the boys and their efforts tonight. The heart and soul that was shown from all the players especially Baker Tarrant Pickett Lynch Ross Kmac and so many others was outstanding. Once Prestia got taken out it took a while to find their system but oh how good it was when they did.

We were always getting umpire reemed today especially after the last couple of weeks and I chose not to watch it live but instead see the result, read the comments on here and then have a look for myself. Despite the fact the Cat's got the rub of the green today they played extremely well and it was a ripper of a match. This loss will actually help us as they'll be super fired up now. Trending nicely I'd say.
If the AFL don't bury Tom Stewart they're announcing how not serious they are about this issue. 4-6 weeks

Finally BAKER. Greatest 'trier' in the comp

Red card like soccer. You play 1 short for the remainder of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stewart's shoulder was tucked in and he did not leave the ground

He was late and by his own admission bumped instead of tackling

should get 2 weeks

the man is honest enough to say he stuffed up and is a very fair player

great game.

see you in the finals if you make it.

Lmao, he'll get 4-6 you'll finish 5th we will finish 8th and roll the scats by 50+ in the elimination final.

can we ban the cats supporters who are coming here and defending Stewart saying it wasn't intentional. It was. You can have all the remorse in the world but at the end of the day, Prestia is the one that should be thought about not Stewart. Stewart's actions could have caused/may cause long lasting injuries to Prestia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree he chose to bump.
Agree he has a duty of care.
Agree Prestia didn't take possession, hence Stewart choosing to bump instead of tackle.
Disagree he has time to ease up and would we expect any of our players to ease up in a contest

Prestia and Stewart are in the play, the ball bounces on its end between the 2 of them and goes straight up forcing Prestia to jump to knock it on. Stewart is coming in from the opposite direction to put pressure on, like we'd expect our players to do in the same circumstance. When Prestia knocks the ball on Stewart within a couple of metres running at speed, near on impossible to stop and if he doesn't brace he possibly takes both him and Prestia out. IMO hos shoulder is what catches Prestia high and does the damage and he'll rightly get rubbed out for around a month as a result.

FWGSR4AVsAEVPXv

Clearly the shoulder and not the elbow that does the damage.
Lmao look how far away the ball is.

It was so split second that it’s absolutely incredible Jack Graham manages to get his hands up and doesn’t get falconed 😂😂😂😂😂

Kick/handball/knock on it's all the same. You have 2 players coming at each other from opposite directions at speed, the defending players initial thought will be to tackle if possible and if not then put the opponent under physical pressure to impact the other players ability to dispose of the ball cleanly. Stewart wasn't to know that Prestia wouldn't take possession, and if he had of Stewart would have had him instantly in a tackle, but once Prestia doesn't take possession Stewart elects to put Prestia under physical pressure and it's poorly executed and will be dealt with.

That is what I'm defending here, the ability for players to be able to attack the contest as hard as they always have, not the result of Stewarts action
Poorly executed.
Goodone Scotty.

Back