Autopsy Roast and toast vs Hawthorn and changes for Essendon

Best vs Hawks

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibcus likely back, Graham questionable with a toe injury & Balta out until after the bye.
Graham and Pickett potential outs will be interesting
Dow was very good in the vfl along with Ralphsmith

fu** swans will kick 140 points against us next week without balta
But we'll kick 141 with Lynch not getting suspended for deliberately elbowing Impey

Jack Ross was my pick. Finally playing as a propper midfielder and performing in his suitable role.
Didn’t think he was that great in the vfl on the weekend
Thought Dow was better and more consistent for the entire match

Ok, I can’t list them all … please list the stats from : Liam Ryan. Willie Rioli. Weightman. Bobby Hill. Of course there’s a bunch out-performing him : Stengle, Cameron, Higgins.

Anyway … stats wise Castagna probably sits mid-table across the league of small forwards.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Your stats argument does not hold up. Without context, stats are meaningless. Take Willie Rioli for example, eased back into the side on limited minutes then did a hamstring in April and was subbed off. His average TOG is 65.7% in comparison to George’s 79.9%. Despite this, Willie still averages more goals than George. Willie also has spent time in midfield this season, further removing opportunities to kick goals.

You also argued that Butler and Pickett should be kicking more goals and padding their stats because they play for top teams, then you go on to list Ryan and W. Rioli, so the flip argument should be applied to those two.

Weightman averages more goals per game than George by 50%. He has also played 29 games in his career. George has played 127.

And how did you conclude that stats wise George is mid table? What stats is he mid table in? All of the names you mentioned apart from Butler average more goals per game than George, so what exactly are you looking at to determine George is middle of the road?

100% agree

We are in no way winning the flag this year and anybody who thinks we will is the biggest optimist you can get
Melbourne is a 5-7 goal better team but anything can happen

I honestly think they're extremely vulnerable to a key injury or two. Any of Gawn, Oliver, May, Langdon or Fritsch missing games at the business end of the season would put them right back among the pack.

As you say, anything can happen.

Certainly we'd have to work our way into far better form than we currently are to challenge them at their best, but I take heart from what a great finals side we have been.

Colour me a big optimist on that basis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly think they're extremely vulnerable to a key injury or two. Any of Gawn, Oliver, May, Langdon or Fritsch missing games at the business end of the season would put them right back among the pack.

As you say, anything can happen.

Certainly we'd have to work our way into far better form than we currently are to challenge them at their best, but I take heart from what a great finals side we have been.

Colour me a big optimist on that basis.
Agree with Gawn , Oliver , May and Trac but i think they have ample cover for Fritsch & Langdon types

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back