• 44: Sydney Stack

Votes: 18 9.7%
  • 50: Marlion Pickett

Votes: 10 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need changes because Gold Coast have shown to win you have to adapt.

Youth is not a weakness either.

I would be stunned if RFC wins in 2020. It would be the hardest premiership for us to win given the changed circumstances and increased competition from different rivals under different circumstances!!

We are a system based team and we need an altered system
Too late in my book...that sort of thinking ought to have been happening as soon as the season changed...we will limp our way to season's end..doing the same old same old..

Too late in my book...that sort of thinking ought to have been happening as soon as the season changed...we will limp our way to season's end..doing the same old same old..
For a team that might not have the same hunger, 2020 is arguably the worst situation for us. No crowds or buzz, separated as a group, shorter games not suiting out style.

2020 isn't gonna be our year. Id be more interested in contending the 2021 flag anyway.

Is Baker available for selection? Travelled to WA last week on family matters so not exactly sure what his COVID status is
Yeah but not sure he is the answer, just so small for his position, not exactly that quick either. I'd go with Kmac on a wing, rolling back to help defend. Balta in as a defender and backup ruck. Caddy back to forward line and midfield rotations.

ahh the doubters , give the boys some time
look at last year pre bye , post bye
we won enough games through the season to be within striking distance
and the rest is glorious history

there is plenty of time for the team to respond
I suspect we wont need to be our best to win this round
but hopefully we can use it to tune up a few things and not drain us emotionally
we will have bigger fish to fry later on

You crackers need to lay off the pipe and watch the replay with a clear head. Stack made a couple of blues but won the ball back, took the game on and gave Whingard a minor flogging.

In: Dusty, Chol, Bakes, KMac
Out: Higgo, Short, Graham, Ross

Grimes Astbury Broad
Houli Vlastuin Stack
Caddy Dusty KMac
Lambert Jack Sheds
Shai Lynch George
Soldo Cotch Dion
Chol Bakes Rioli Pickett

Keep Stack in. Had equal 3rd most possessions on the ground for us last week even though he was average. Every week he will get better and with such a high ceiling as a player, remember most on here would have taken him over Walsh, he just needs more game time... at half back.
If he is to stay in the side, he has to play back.

Baker played a ripper on the wing in preseason. Maybe he could play that role which leaves room for Stack to stay?

Yeah but not sure he is the answer, just so small for his position, not exactly that quick either. I'd go with Kmac on a wing, rolling back to help defend. Balta in as a defender and backup ruck. Caddy back to forward line and midfield rotations.
Agree with all that - really keen on Balta being given an extended period in the 1s, let’s fast track him, no better time than now.
Kmac gets another opportunity, which he’ll need to take.

Caddy has done a job previously mid/forward and is probably our best set shot for goal.

Maybe a bit harsh on Baker, yer lacks a yard, but is good both sides of the body, and doesn’t fumble. No short steps either.

Agree with all that - really keen on Balta being given an extended period in the 1s, let’s fast track him, no better time than now.

Caddy has done a job previously mid/forward and is probably our best set shot for goal.

Maybe a bit harsh on Baker, yer lacks a yard, but is good both sides of the body, and doesn’t fumble. No short steps either.
Probably fair, though Bakes does fumble occasionally..

You crackers need to lay off the pipe and watch the replay with a clear head. Stack made a couple of blues but won the ball back, took the game on and gave Whingard a minor flogging.

Grimes Astbury Broad
Houli Vlastuin Stack
Caddy Dusty KMac
Lambert Jack Sheds
Shai Lynch George
Soldo Cotch Dion
Chol Bakes Rioli Pickett

interesting take on stack. by my eyes both him and Pickett missed the team option multiple times. Chose to bump instead of tackle and bypassed team mates only to be caught - multiple times and leading to direct goals. Higgo seemed to make things happen whenever he was invovled. I'd put him into the mids a bit this week, especially with the Saints smaller bodies in there (Gresham Billings). Ross only just came in and by all reports impressing. Needs a few games.

For a team that might not have the same hunger, 2020 is arguably the worst situation for us. No crowds or buzz, separated as a group, shorter games not suiting out style.

2020 isn't gonna be our year. Id be more interested in contending the 2021 flag anyway.
I'm inclined to agree. With that in mind, I'd love to get a handful of games into RCD, Balta, Naish, Dow etc. with the long-term in mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grimes Astbury Broad
Houli Vlastuin Stack
Caddy Dusty KMac
Lambert Jack Sheds
Shai Lynch George
Soldo Cotch Dion
Chol Bakes Rioli Pickett
Wot

do-they-speak-english-in-what-gif-5.gif

Stack got a bit of the ball, but was fumbly, made some poor choices with and without the ball and unfortunately was involved in a number of opposition goals in a low scoring game.

Arguably one of the worst games he's played, if not the most costly.

I like him, but he needs to lift. Another week like that if he stays in and he's out.

Stack got a bit of the ball, but was fumbly, made some poor choices with and without the ball and unfortunately was involved in a number of opposition goals in a low scoring game.

Arguably one of the worst games he's played, if not the most costly.

I like him, but he needs to lift. Another week like that if he stays in and he's out.
He was one of our better players.

t
don’t mind Chol as that 2nd ruck option he showed a bit last season. Knows how to put them through the big sticks. Just gets bodied a bit in ruck contests around the ground but when he gets a leap at it is decent.

Think most of us are on the CJ bandwagon so he gets forgotten a bit but has some weapons (and weaknesses)

Chol showed plenty late last season.

Just asking.
Didn't the VFL - or whatever the other blokes are doing these days - report say something along the lines of last week being K-Mac's first actual hit-out for a long time?? Questioning if he's ready and advances as others in fitness.
I want him in, but not if he doesn't have the fitness base others have (albeit a few of our guys, like most teams, have some who have questionable fitness bases).

Ok cool, seems like just about everyone disagrees with you is all but each to their own. I've watched the game and he was involved in multiple goals conceded.
OH NOES, GROUPFINK IS AGIN ME! WHATEVER SHALL I DO!?

You need to watch the game again. I'll bet you your bigfooty life Stack is not dropped this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back