Votes: 18 9.7%
  • 50: Marlion Pickett

Votes: 10 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just asking.
Didn't the VFL - or whatever the other blokes are doing these days - report say something along the lines of last week being K-Mac's first actual hit-out for a long time?? Questioning if he's ready and advances as others in fitness.
I want him in, but not if he doesn't have the fitness base others have (albeit a few of our guys, like most teams, have some who have questionable fitness bases).
Kmac missed the first scratch match against the Pies and then played last weeks against Hawks so yer first hit out for a while

Ok cool, seems like just about everyone disagrees with you is all but each to their own. I've watched the game and he was involved in multiple goals conceded.
Well sort of. He did fumble everything early, and a couple of holding the balls cost goals, although the first one he was unlucky because he fumbled the ball and by the time he regained it the Hawks player rapped him up. Dubious if a fumble is prior opportunity. The second one he was given the ball in the heat and didn't just cough it up to his mate next to him, (which happened to a few of our seasoned players that night), and tried to evade the tackler like he usually does and give it to a team mate under less heat, but the tackle was a cracker and it stuck. Much rather see a classy player try and get himself out of trouble that hot potato to his mate 2 metres away.
Other than that only two players had more possessions and he seemed to be running into form the longer the game went. I'll back him this week, hope the match committee do.

Eh?
Baker rarely fumbles.
One of his strengths is his clean below his knees.
He can also kick off both sides which helps him to get out of trouble especially in defence, not many in the side can do that. His kicking is often more creative than most, not one of KMacs strong points. We do however need some more players capable of taking a pack mark which KMac does offer a bit more than the other short people in the side. Apart from Grimes and Vlas I cant remember anyone else this season taking a contested mark above their head. Been slim pickings and something the coaching group need to address or else we are going to get caught continually running the other way after turnovers which just doesn't suit our game plan.

He can also kick off both sides which helps him to get out of trouble especially in defence, not many in the side can do that. His kicking is often more creative than most, not one of KMacs strong points. We do however need some more players capable of taking a pack mark which KMac does offer a bit more than the other short people in the side. Apart from Grimes and Vlas I cant remember anyone else this season taking a contested mark above their head. Been slim pickings and something the coaching group need to address or else we are going to get caught continually running the other way after turnovers which just doesn't suit our game plan.
Our lack of contested marking might be a bi product of our kaos game plan.If only Balta had a tank.Ruckman on one wing.Balta on the other.

Meh, I don't necessarily want that either, doesnt change the fact he costs us goals.
He Did early However in sec half he played with some trademark dash and dare from back half and set up a couple of forays forward when we came hard in final Q then floundered our scoring chances

He Did early However in sec half he played with some trademark dash and dare from back half and set up a couple of forays forward when we came hard in final Q then floundered our scoring chances
Damage was done by quarter time. We trailed by 32 and never got within touching distance again.

I know it won't happen 5 changes but this is what i like to see. If the club goes back to playing 2 rucks then put balta back in to rotate with nank.
Balta can play anywhere on rotation, back, fwd or even wing. We know Nank can rest forward or when rucking can cover the ground to help out the defenders.
Soldo is invisible after the center square duels. These shortened qtrs are relying on speed and run/endurance.
Unfortunately for Soldo he has neither of these attributes.

Outs: Soldo, Pickett, Rioli, Graham, (Higgo even though he did ok, well better than the first 4 I stated).
Ins: Nank, Macintosh, Baker, Dusty, (Balta)

Forward line needs a spark and id put baker back there to partner with Castagna. Stack stays back. Ross needs a string of games cant drop him after one game.

Last edited:
I accept he was bad early however I saw his confidence returning in the sec half , I wouldnt drop him , there’s a few others that have run out of chances
There's others I'd drop first, just saying if they swing the axe, his name would be discussed on the chopping block.

Baker coming in must happen, and he's played a similar halfback/wing role.

I know it won't happen 5 changes but this is what i like to see. If the club goes back to playing 2 rucks then put balta back in to rotate with nank.
Balta can play anywhere on rotation, back, fwd or even wing. We know Nank can rest forward or when rucking can cover the ground to help out the defenders.
Soldo is invisible after the center square duels. These shortened qtrs are relying on speed and run/endurance.

Outs: Soldo, Pickett, Rioli, Graham, (Higgo even though he did ok, well better than the first 4 I stated).

Forward line needs a spark and id put baker back there to partner with Castagna. Stack stays back. Ross needs a string of games cant drop him after one game.
AT, this is my exactly my thinking. Soldo wasn't that bad, his opponent was given stats for hit outs but I thought neither ruck really got their hand on it. Stack gifted Ceglar a goal by slipping over right on the last line of defence. Credit to Hawthorn for taking full advantage of our error and a goal was kicked. The rest of his game was very good. On the other hand Soldo hasn't been great, and I wouldn't mind seeing some change in the ruck set up. Nank in & Balta is my preferred back up option. We are getting smashed in centre clearances early in games. Ross has been a bit disappointing. I hope he can get the ball a bit more. Cotch looked slow at times. & WTF has happened to Lambert? Pickett a bit underwhelming.
I'd play Balta Off the wing. Gets games into him, gives JG a rest, Kmac to the other wing for a marking options transitioning the ball out of defence too. Caddy in the fwd line And drop a small fwd or 2. Rioli a must and Higg not far behind. Goal kicking is a major concern. Pressure alone is not enough.
I've got a feeling Baker won't be straight back in. If he's had to go to WA, give him time. I'd have Baker in the 22 ahead of Short ultimately.
Even with Dusty we looked crap vs the Pies too. But he looked a bit rusty. The week off may not help that. But only play him fully fit.

fmd Stack is a 20 yr old 20 game player who is still pretty undersized. He generally gets limited game time compared to others. Of course he will make mistakes but the more he plays the fewer they will become.
He gives us something that blokes like Houli Short and others dont and thats aggression and competitiveness and some accountability.
He is quick he is prepared to take the game on, has good skills usually, he is hard at it and he is ideally suited to the h/b role. I hope they settle him in at h/b leave him there for the yr and stop pulling him around all over the field.

I reckon Marlion Pickett is in the same boat. He made his name as a top notch hbf at south fremantle who could go thru the midfield if needed.
Blokes like Stack Pickett Ross are not getting a hell of a lot of game time, play em to their strengths in the positions they are best suited to and for gods sake give em a real good run at it during games and for a decent period.

It amazes me people target the younger players but ignore the output of blokes like Caddy Lambert even Prestia and Edwards they ignore just how poor Houli has been in games this yr but its ignored because he gets the ball usually really cheap 25 times.
The worst player in the team atm is Rioli yet he is mostly left alone fmd why dont people criticise this bloke.

Why is Soldo getting a game the bloke has played all three games and taken just 4 marks with just the one contested mark in three freakin games.. He had just 9 hit outs against the hawks which mostly went to the opposition. he had just 7 disposals which is his average for the yr and didnt take a mark!!!!!!!!.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fmd Stack is a 20 yr old 20 game player who is still pretty undersized. He generally gets limited game time compared to others. Of course he will make mistakes but the more he plays the fewer they will become.
He gives us something that blokes like Houli Short and others dont and thats aggression and competitiveness and some accountability.
He is quick he is prepared to take the game on, has good skills usually, he is hard at it and he is ideally suited to the h/b role. I hope they settle him in at h/b leave him there for the yr and stop pulling him around all over the field.

I reckon Marlion Pickett is in the same boat. He made his name as a top notch hbf at south fremantle who could go thru the midfield if needed.
Blokes like Stack Pickett Ross are not getting a hell of a lot of game time, play em to their strengths in the positions they are best suited to and for gods sake give em a real good run at it during games and for a decent period.

It amazes me people target the younger players but ignore the output of blokes like Caddy Lambert even Prestia and Edwards they ignore just how poor Houli has been in games this yr but its ignored because he gets the ball usually really cheap 25 times.
The worst player in the team atm is Rioli yet he is mostly left alone fmd why dont people criticise this bloke.

Why is Soldo getting a game the bloke has played all three games and taken just 4 marks with just the one contested mark in three freakin games.. He had just 9 hit outs against the hawks which mostly went to the opposition. he had just 7 disposals which is his average for the yr and didnt take a mark!!!!!!!!.
I loved Stack in the backline. He must stay there. He gave away one free by slipping over. And the other taking on Winguard. But was good otherwise. Ross gets 2 more weeks for me. Watching a game on TV it;s hard to tell what is happening off camera but, Ross kicked a couple straight to Hawks defenders early in the game & didn't notice him much after that.
Pickett in the backline too? May as well. He hasn't been great. Have Short on a wing. Move Bake s to the wing too.
I don't mind changing up rucks either. We've got depth.

Last edited:
Obviously Dusty and Baker will come in but I will be mightily pissed if Jack Ross makes way.
100% natural footballer who needs a stretch of a few weeks to settle in.

Pretty disgraceful how the media has disrespected us this week. I hope the players are feeling the same anger as I am at the fact the media have gone off on a tangent with the we are done after 1 loss in 1 year and jumping on the Gold Coast Suns. It's amazing how amateur our media are compared to the UK. I make comparision to when Liverpool hit a bad form patch most of the podcasts I listened were really level headed over there. AFL commentary/media is a full blown disgrace in this country.

Pretty disgraceful how the media has disrespected us this week. I hope the players are feeling the same anger as I am at the fact the media have gone off on a tangent with the we are done after 1 loss in 1 year and jumping on the Gold Coast Suns. It's amazing how amateur our media are compared to the UK. I make comparision to when Liverpool hit a bad form patch most of the podcasts I listened were really level headed over there. AFL commentary/media is a full blown disgrace in this country.
I don’t get angry over it. I just laugh at how unprofessional and incredible all of them are. They just compete to try and grab a headline and make people emotional.

Overlooked Baker before, sorry.

b Astbury Grimes Broad
Baker Vlaustin Balta
Houli Prestia Lambert
Caddy Riewoldt Edwards
Castagna Lynch Bolton
foll Soldo Martin Cotchin
int Graham Nank Rioli Short

i Baker Balta Martin Nank
o Higgins Pickett Ross Stack

Last edited:
Sorry, I had dropped Ross at the last moment and edited it.
Was between Short and Ross for the final slot.
Short at 89% disposal efficiency.
Ross, 11 disposals at 46% disposal efficiency is not good enough.

Last edited:
I don’t get angry over it. I just laugh at how unprofessional and incredible all of them are. They just compete to try and grab a headline and make people emotional.
Bunch of A Quntrent affairs.

Pretty much spot on with what i said. (Higgo/Balta) in brackets was the extra i would've liked to see but no hope 5 changes being made.
Well done to the match committee making those 4 changes.

Kamdyn is a good in, we are crying out for winger. With Baker's inclusion I wonder if that means Stack will move forward this week. Don't think you play Houli, Short, Baker and Stack in the same backline. There's a small chance Baker goes forward but that's pretty unlikely I'd think he's pretty settled down back.

Happy with the changes as they send a very S T R O N G message . The more I saw of Pickett’s performance the worse it looked , he took short steps , put on limp bumps when he should have tackled. He has some schooling req before we can trust him at senior level to play Richmond footy . Graham is a way off the fitness to do what he can physically to play his role . Rioli looks way off his best . Get to work kid, you got the tools
Nank immediately boosts our capacity at the contest as he gets his hands dirty
Macca is a safe bet , is fit AF , and knows his job to apply defensive pressure by N E V E R giving up the chase
Welcome back dusty and bakes , both sorely missed
Good luck boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back