• 44: Sydney Stack

Votes: 18 9.7%
  • 50: Marlion Pickett

Votes: 10 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great changes. Basically exactly as I predicted sans Stack. He'd be on thin ice.

Kamdyn is a good in, we are crying out for winger. With Baker's inclusion I wonder if that means Stack will move forward this week. Don't think you play Houli, Short, Baker and Stack in the same backline. There's a small chance Baker goes forward but that's pretty unlikely I'd think he's pretty settled down back.

You'd think so, especially with Rioli out. I have said for awhile that Stack's best position is a half forward. He's never going to be a player who racks up a ton of possessions but he's generally damaging with ball in hand. So put him a position where he does the most damage...up forward. He kicked 4 goals against the Saints last season. Let's hope history repeats.

Either that, or it would make sense to put Caddy back up forward where he's most comfortable. Taking Lynch out of the F50 to spell in the ruck gives us one less target. Caddy plays big and is a good marking target. He's average at best on a wing.

fmd Stack is a 20 yr old 20 game player who is still pretty undersized. He generally gets limited game time compared to others. Of course he will make mistakes but the more he plays the fewer they will become.
He gives us something that blokes like Houli Short and others dont and thats aggression and competitiveness and some accountability.
He is quick he is prepared to take the game on, has good skills usually, he is hard at it and he is ideally suited to the h/b role. I hope they settle him in at h/b leave him there for the yr and stop pulling him around all over the field.

I reckon Marlion Pickett is in the same boat. He made his name as a top notch hbf at south fremantle who could go thru the midfield if needed.
Blokes like Stack Pickett Ross are not getting a hell of a lot of game time, play em to their strengths in the positions they are best suited to and for gods sake give em a real good run at it during games and for a decent period.

It amazes me people target the younger players but ignore the output of blokes like Caddy Lambert even Prestia and Edwards they ignore just how poor Houli has been in games this yr but its ignored because he gets the ball usually really cheap 25 times.
The worst player in the team atm is Rioli yet he is mostly left alone fmd why dont people criticise this bloke.

Why is Soldo getting a game the bloke has played all three games and taken just 4 marks with just the one contested mark in three freakin games.. He had just 9 hit outs against the hawks which mostly went to the opposition. he had just 7 disposals which is his average for the yr and didnt take a mark!!!!!!!!.

Agree with most of this except the Houli parts. Houli is regularly one of our best

Not so many posts on the forum as previous years.
Pleased our players are playing they can derive some income, same with staff too, but it's an abnormal irregular year.
Would be livid if a Coll'wood or Geelong supporter, forced to play interstate, treated like lepers in WA.
Opp teams are channelling out through the wing, we need to clog it up.
Added two defenders, KMc and Baker, which is pleasing.
Opp teams outscore us early and rebound our entries, catching us out of position.
Maybe move Jack up the field more.

Last edited:
they have made a statement , now to see how the side responds
Kick up the ass for Rioli.
Graham is playing hurt.
Soldo a victim of the corona.To inexperienced to do it alone.
Qtrs too short for 2.
Pickett also a victim of corona.
Overall a good message too all.

Excellent changes, dropped some guys who had been getting by with their runs on the board running out.

Baker brings a lot to the side, and while I like Soldo, Nank does more around the ground, Soldo needs more time to develop that part of his game.

Picket's been overhyped because of his GF debut, and while he's shown some great glimpes of movement and ability he needs some time to find form and the footy again.

Macintosh is an honest battler, about the only one I'm not exactly sure if he adds a heap, but he has done jobs in the past and we know he will have a crack.

We need to look at our rotations more to be more effective in the new 16 minute game.

If we are right that speed and other factors make a greater difference enduro less so then we need to adjust our rotations accordingly as well as selections.

Dusty one would start and he really only needs to rotate between midfield and forward.

Lambert may be less effective early so start him later in quarters and spending more time on field in the second half as other players start to feel the pinch more and he is fresher

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leppa gave away a little bit a couple of weeks ago , with no VFL he said they will have to reward guys and keep them keen but ( and sounding very Dimma like) didn’t know how that would look

I think we know now , they will swing the axe quicker now than last year to trigger rotations and keep more players connected and motivated

Big concern for me is the ruck in this game not convinced one is the way to go.

Same, Balta is emergency... I'd bring him in to pinch hit in the ruck.

Big concern for me is the ruck in this game not convinced one is the way to go.

It's a fair point Marshall is very good and Ryder is a great tap ruckman and I remember him dominating us over the last few years and us getting hammered in the clearances (more so than usual) against Port.

I understand that Nank and Soldo aren't great forward so your basically carrying an extra player who will only play 5-7 mins a quarter but it was probably worth considering Balta at least (which he must've been given he's an emergency) We'll see how it plays out, Saints probably win the clearances and we need our backs to stand up, which they are capable of doing but from that point we need to get our rebound game going something we weren't able to do last week.

stack is a natural forward.....baker surely goes back and they swap.
but if we fumble like last week and give away cheap frees like last week changes are not going to help.
our players have to SWITCH ON!

stack is a natural forward.....baker surely goes back and they swap.
but if we fumble like last week and give away cheap frees like last week changes are not going to help.
our players have to SWITCH ON!
Stack is a natural back and played all his good footy there last year bar the St.Kilda game. Like Vlastuin he can extract himself from difficult positions and set up play and use the ball creatively. Game will be played in the dry, not excuse for fumbling this week.

Stack is a natural back and played all his good footy there last year bar the St.Kilda game. Like Vlastuin he can extract himself from difficult positions and set up play and use the ball creatively. Game will be played in the dry, not excuse for fumbling this week.

I think Stack will become a better forward in time, but agree that his first 50 plus games need to be off half back where he is slicing an dicing, and running forward all the time. He's not the greatest running back to help out due to endurance.

I'd have Baker running with Hill, he sets up so much if you let him. On the Saints most recent game that would have Baker playing mostly back but occasionally setting up on the Wing. He's up to that. Caddy is way more damaging up forward, with Lynch rucking at times we need him up forward more than midfield.

Last edited:
Just as aside, I was driving in Mitchell (Canberra) yesterday and the number plate of car in front of me was SOLDO. The plate was framed in a Tigers wrap. Big Ivan still has a presence in the ACT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back