• 34: Jack Graham

• 35: Nathan Broad

• 39: Jake Aarts

• 41: Mabior Chol

• 43: Derek Eggmolesse-Smith

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Both arms were out. He was chasing and Silvagni kicked it. Kinda lazily backed out.

I hate Essendon as much as anyone but I can’t seriously call that a strike.
Take another look at it. Merrett swung his fist, round arm style in frustration because he wasn't going to catch him and body punched Silvagni from behind with enough force to break ribs. No attempt at tackling at all. Just thought he'd give him one. It was a punch by every definition of the word. Suspension every day of the week.

Entitled to your opinion but have to disagree.

Dusty got a fine for a belly tap. Silly by Dusty but I'm ok with that. Definitely not a suspension. Thought Grimes' hit was accidental but it was an elbow to the head so also ok that he got a fine.

I personally don't like the idea of George on a wing. Skills are questionable and under any sort of pressure he panics and will loop a handball to no one in particular. It's one thing to do it in our forward half but obviously in your defensive 50 it's going to cost you goals. Also he seems to panic more when he gets possession in defense, not that it's happened often but the few times it has his panic has been obvious. Keep him forward IMO.

What they do with the wing will be interesting, hard to see Astbury not coming back in (if fit) so do they go back to the 17-18 mold with the 4 talls (Astbury, Grimes, Broad, Balta/Rance) Grimes and broad can play medium and small so not exactly 4 lumbering talls but still a bigger back-line than what we've seen over the last 18 months. So then someone from within the team moves onto the wing. On paper I think Short is the best option coming out of the back-line but I'm not sure, maybe it's worth bringing in a like for like. Whether that's Naish or someone else I don't know. Interested to see how they approach selection this week.

Sorry to be a sourpuss but I haven't enjoyed any of our wins this year. I feel like the St Kilda game has been the only watchable game of footy we've been involved in.

I think we've done very well to be sitting where we are after the struggles we've had. 2 losses after 7 rounds given the injuries and out of form players is a strong return.

I'd really love a good game from us this week. Bring that tackling intensity and have a hard fought win against a strong opposition. We're yet to beat anyone good so this could give our younger players a real boost in confidence.

Won't be the end of our season if we lose it. Who know's what advantage if any finishing Top 2/Top 4 is going to have. The real test for us comes 4-5 weeks out from finals, seeing if we can get our strongest list together post-bye and have Lynch/Riewoldt/Martin finding their best form around that time. Our best is still better than anyone else's in the competition. Port and Brisbane are growing and look good but I still think West Coast and GWS (maybe Collingwood) are the only teams that can match us when our best team shows up.

Sorry to be a sourpuss but I haven't enjoyed any of our wins this year. I feel like the St Kilda game has been the only watchable game of footy we've been involved in.

I think we've done very well to be sitting where we are after the struggles we've had. 2 losses after 7 rounds given the injuries and out of form players is a strong return.

I'd really love a good game from us this week. Bring that tackling intensity and have a hard fought win against a strong opposition. We're yet to beat anyone good so this could give our younger players a real boost in confidence.

Won't be the end of our season if we lose it. Who know's what advantage if any finishing Top 2/Top 4 is going to have. The real test for us comes 4-5 weeks out from finals, seeing if we can get our strongest list together post-bye and have Lynch/Riewoldt/Martin finding their best form around that time. Our best is still better than anyone else's in the competition. Port and Brisbane are growing and look good but I still think West Coast and GWS (maybe Collingwood) are the only teams that can match us when our best team shows up.

How do you not enjoy watching Grimes and floss keep the oppo to 2, 3 goals? (Balta, DES etc)

Especially watching Richmond get done by ten goals, 100 points back in the day.

It's be nice to win the middle battle more often. Be better offensively. Have a smoother game plan etc. But cant have it all I guess

what bye? Jesus are they still having a bye?

Take another look at it. Merrett swung his fist, round arm style in frustration because he wasn't going to catch him and body punched Silvagni from behind with enough force to break ribs. No attempt at tackling at all. Just thought he'd give him one. It was a punch by every definition of the word. Suspension every day of the week.

Entitled to your opinion but have to disagree.

Dusty got a fine for a belly tap. Silly by Dusty but I'm ok with that. Definitely not a suspension. Thought Grimes' hit was accidental but it was an elbow to the head so also ok that he got a fine.
Suspension because it did damage, most of those hits don't. But if you bust someones ribs, that's the price you pay. Cheap shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We haven't defeated GWS in NSW since 2014, so I personally think it is time that we change this. I'd like RCD to debut. I haven't seen much to suggest that he'll have a good game and it is a risk, but I think that he has a high ceiling if he gets his confidence up

what bye? Jesus are they still having a bye?

They have to fit the Melbourne Dons game in. So they are going to go more than one game a season and somehow create a 'bye' for 16 teams. Work it out the maths is about the same as the moon landing.

True , but his form is a watch point , the more I see of him the more I feel he’s entering the twilight of his career. He’s dropping so many marks that he gets a good purchase on and has taken absolutely NONE with any degree of difficulty. At some point big decisions will be needed , just hope he can snap out of it , last night I thought was a chance for that

I don't disagree at all. Let's see how it plays out. He's still been one of our best performers in the big finals (Even losing finals PF '18) so he's worth giving some grace to IMO We will find out soon enough.

We haven't defeated GWS in NSW since 2014, so I personally think it is time that we change this. I'd like RCD to debut. I haven't seen much to suggest that he'll have a good game and it is a risk, but I think that he has a high ceiling if he gets his confidence up
Yes getting sick of seeing valiant losses or throwing the game away like in 2017 ....the drive back from Canberra in 2016 was a shocker

They have to fit the Melbourne Dons game in. So they are going to go more than one game a season and somehow create a 'bye' for 16 teams. Work it out the maths is about the same as the moon landing.
This from Fox Sports...

The AFL won’t release its next batch of fixtures until Tuesday at the earliest, but when it does there will be nine rounds compressed into six weeks.

Foxfooty.com.au understands Rounds 17 and 18 are set to remain across a fortnight in order to give clubs a more ‘normal’ lead-in to finals.

Back