Autopsy Roast : Bevo’s stubborn match day selections and the loss to St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How long is this going to go on before he’s held accountable for his pathetic match day selections of his “favourites” who just aren’t AFL standard? For too long he’s been pulling this sh*t and now we are mediocre it’s standing out like a sore thumb.

It started with wasting games in the back half of the year in 2018 into Honeychurch who was never going to make it. It’s been guys like Hayes who will never be an AFL standard player. It’s Gowers who is a battler but is holding back a young player developing with experience. But the worst. The absolute worst match day selection is of Ryan Gardiner.

Nothing against Ryan Gardiner personally. But he’s one of the worst footballers I’ve ever seen wear a Bulldogs Guernsey. On Thursday night Stevie Wonder would have noticed how bad a decision it was to play this guy. If you and I can predict pre game how bad of a decision it is to play Gardiner. Why the hell can’t Bevo see this? Why is he so stubborn and stupid to not realise this guy isn’t AFL standard? And when does Bevo be the one who’s held accountable for pathetic match day selections like this?

And how is it a good idea to go into the game with English against Ryder AND Marshal? He needs some help!! He’s not ready for the role of playing as a solo ruckman yet.

Ive been banging on about it in the game day thread.

Bevo said in pre game interview that the club have allowed the myotherapists back rather than the assistant coaches.

Yeah I usually stand up for Bevo but some of these selections are baffling.

English is a tough one. I’m sure he’ll be good but right now he’s a liability. Maybe we could play him as a forward who relieves but he gets killed as number one ruck.

As for Gowers and Gardner, on current form they are indefensible.

I will point out that we played finals last year, even though we were wiped. Have to keep it in perspective.

It’s easy to react badly but really this year is a Mickey Mouse season. Clearly we cannot afford to keep losing this way and we cannot keep doing it with absolute hacks getting a game every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said it all week. Saints win. I've posted it here multiple times.

You know team selection is bad when you are confident the other team wins.

At least give us a chance Bevo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back