Unofficial Preview Roast the Wettoast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first time that I can remember, my care factor about this Derby is close to 0. I've forgotten this is even on all week. Come game time I'll still be as fired up and parochial as usual but it just feels like there is something missing from the build up and there is no excitement around the place. I haven't even had Eagle people I know get stuck in with the usual banter.

I don't think we will win but I can see it happening somehow as I don't think they are that good. I'll be more surprised if we don't play kick it to McGovern than if we actually win.

Beak_A

All Australian
Dec 11, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I actually like the physicality and goal scoring potential of the ins this week.

If the boys can make it a tough bruising game then I think there’s a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
For the first time that I can remember, my care factor about this Derby is close to 0. I've forgotten this is even on all week. Come game time I'll still be as fired up and parochial as usual but it just feels like there is something missing from the build up and there is no excitement around the place. I haven't even had Eagle people I know get stuck in with the usual banter.
Same.
Unfortunately I think we'll get utterly trounced. Just hoping its interesting and not an early blowout.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Same.
Unfortunately I think we'll get utterly trounced. Just hoping its interesting and not an early blowout.

I've a pretty bad feeling we'll see a string of umpire-assisted goals early and we'll completely fold. I'm predicting the Eagles to have one quarter where absolutely everything falls in their favour (including Ballantyne), and then one quarter where we totally dominate for zero reward on the scoreboard. The last however many derbies have always featured those elements.

Don't really see how we win tbh, we'd need something special from Sonny (5+ goals) and then a couple of out of the box performances from guys like Brayshaw/Cerra/Tucker/Crowden or even Dardy in addition to the expected output of Neale/Mundy/Langdon/our backline. Or, to condense it, everything has to go right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back