• Miller

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Bolton

Votes: 49 20.4%
  • Grimes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be worse, he should be back after the bye at least.
bye is round 15 this year

if it takes till then for him to come back that means meehan is gonna do his surgery

bye is round 15 this year

if it takes till then for him to come back that means meehan is gonna do his surgery
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

Minimal changes. Sonsie back in for Hopper. Nobody deserves to be dropped for Nankervis the last week and we should play it safe with him. What big do you drop? Play an extra tall? Bombers are too fast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone up for doing the Dreamtime preview this week? If we have any indigenous Tigers on the board, it would be cool to see a preview with an indigenous perspective where they can talk about what this game means to them.
Bumping this again as I think its a good idea. If no one signals their intention to do a preview then I'll do one but I feel like I'd do it a disservice on such an occasion.

The Nank/Ryan situation will be interesting this week. We assume Miller will come out for Nank.
I'd honestly get Nank to play whatever Miller's role was or like a Max Gawn type role where he would always sit himself a kick away from the contest to intercept mark.

if healy is mad its beacuse he allegedly lost some kind of bet.... he is an allegedly chronic gambler

I’ve got no idea on the gambling issue… but 100% he commentates (not just Tiger matches) like he has some ‘skin in the game’… I’ve noticed this for years.

And if you were listening to the call as I was during the game, it was glorious to hear Whately in a passage of play where Macca was probably caught HTB that wasn’t paid yell out during commentary “oh umpire just blow the whistle” …..

It brought a joyous tear to my eye.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

To be fair I’ve never seen such a rigged draw. Saints and bombers draw totally designed to get them wins early.
We just needed to beat the dogs and now the loss to Sydney is starting to look bad

Check our team v Sydney … outs: Broad, Short, Lynch, Nank, Graham, Gibcus, Tarrant, Soldo … might have been another one I’ve forgotten - we had 9 x players that night with less than 25-games…9!. Scott was whingeing about the Cats Friday night who had 5.

We certainly got them at the best time, cant argue that, but * me.

All I have heard from cats and neutrals al weekend,

Umps reamed Cats
9 best 22 players out
we got lucky
Blah blah blah

We were missing 2 of our most, if not, our most structurally important players in Lynch and Nank with no genuine replacements, our 2 x FB options . We had 5 kids under 25 games. What about the 2 downfield frees that called back that 100% cost us shots on goal and allowed the Cats defenders to get back. If you look hard enough at any loss, you will find enough excuses.

Final result flattered them. Was 36-points with 11-minutes to go (and 30-points with 5 to go)…. They kicked a few in junk time to make it a little interesting, but we pulverised them for the first 45-minutes of the second half : 6.2 to 2.0.

Remember when we lost to the Pies by 14-points? The media were falling over themselves to emphasise the final margin flattered us … which it did.

Don’t get me wrong … first half was even, but second half was dominant except for a bit of junktime.

Minimal changes. Sonsie back in for Hopper. Nobody deserves to be dropped for Nankervis the last week and we should play it safe with him. What big do you drop? Play an extra tall? Bombers are too fast.

We still got smashed out of the middle in the first half last week, we won't survive that most weeks. If Nank is fit, he plays and Miller doesn't. Definetely don't play an extra tall. For some reason against GC we played 2 extra talls and it was a disaster, we decided to bring Broad in but didn't drop Young and Soldo in without dropping Miller, we always play better with a smaller lineup.

When Lynch comes back, we will have to accommodate an extra tall to have Jack in the side, even that's not ideal. Young and Gibcus eventually replace Broad and Grimes, not really sure how we handle that transition though, while they are all still on the list.

Back