Autopsy Roast & Toast, best vs Adelaide and changes for Dees on Anzac Day eve

Best vs Crows

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m certainly not” of that view, was pretty clear to me that in form players didn’t bring it to AO for reasons unknown . Umpiring is a frustration and watching other games we aren’t alone
Umpiring is a frustration because people see a free kick get paid for one thing and then expect every time something similar happens to their team that the same free kick should be paid when it shouldn't.

Firstly the umpires aren't in the exact same position for every decision, they don't see the same thing every single time so they can never give the same decision every single time. Secondly when watching at the ground, you could be on the complete opposite side to what the umpire is and you see high contact, but the umpire sees a legal tackle, so we all get frustrated. When watching on TV the majority of decisions are shown from cameras perched high up in the stands, where as the umpire is at ground level trying to see through up to 10 players in a pack or pinpoint something from 20+ metres away while running at full tilt in a split second. The sooner people understand that the less frustration they'll feel from umpiring. I've looked at it that way for years especially after I spent a couple of seasons umpiring local footy and got a better understanding for how hard the job is.

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Every time we lose of late umpiring seems to be the go to default position as to why we lost rather than poor performance and quite frankly it becomes a bit tiresome, especially if you dare suggest that certain players being out of form and whether they should remain in the side are met with accusations of being disrespectful and not real fans.
I don’t see it that black and white and would be shocked if others did see it that way
The consistency of umpiring decisions atm is a issue , todays game included . It appeared to be even tighter with the questioning of an umpire , which coincidentally comes after scrutiny over the Brisbane game and the AFL ticking it off.
We do appear to be on the end of some pretty ordinary decisions at important times of a game very often , but being a richmond supporter I may be biased.

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Umpiring is a frustration because people see a free kick get paid for one thing and then expect every time something similar happens to their team that the same free kick should be paid when it shouldn't.

Firstly the umpires aren't in the exact same position for every decision, they don't see the same thing every single time so they can never give the same decision every single time. Secondly when watching at the ground, you could be on the complete opposite side to what the umpire is and you see high contact, but the umpire sees a legal tackle, so we all get frustrated. When watching on TV the majority of decisions are shown from cameras perched high up in the stands, where as the umpire is at ground level trying to see through up to 10 players in a pack or pinpoint something from 20+ metres away while running at full tilt in a split second. The sooner people understand that the less frustration they'll feel from umpiring. I've looked at it that way for years especially after I spent a couple of seasons umpiring local footy and got a better understanding for how hard the job is.
3 ways to improve perceived consistency of umpiring and encourage people to take up umpiring . Make it easier to adjudicate .

1. Remove prior opportunity 3 options when there is a players tackled , incorrect tackle , holding the ball or incorrect disposal .

2. Stamp out blocking from the marking contest from players not intending to mark / punch the ball . Only player who can body block must make contact with the ball in the air .

3. Stamp out use of the back to push a player under the ball in a marking contest and boundary throw in .

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond

Positioning gets them off the hook too easily, take that tackle from jack G v saints when ball dribbled out , umpire was right on it , could see waving play on , I honestly don’t know what goes thru their heads ignoring those howlers

Apr 30, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Changes for the Dees:

IN: Lambert, Stack, Gibcus, Soldo, McIntosh.
OUT: Parker, Ralphsmith, Miller, Ross, Edwards (rested and Aarts given the Aarse! )

BacksJosh GibcusRobbie TarrantNathan Broad
Half-BacksJayden ShortNick VlastuinDaniel Rioli
CentrelineKamden McChroniclesTrent CotchinMarlion Pickett
Half-ForwardsKane LambertLiam BakerSydney Stack
ForwardsTom LynchShai BoltonNoah Balta
FollowersToby NankervisDion PrestiaThomson Dow
Interchange:Jack RiewoldtJack GrahamJohn Soldo
Jason Castagna
Vest Boy:Shane Edwards

My reasons are pretty simple. Gibcus is the future star of our backline Miller is still a question mark? Parker is too much of a butcher and Kamden has him covered. Ross I don't rate too highly and makes way for Lambert. Soldo is a must as these bastards have 2 gun ruckman and we need to physically beat their ruckman up within the rules of the game. Edwards is old and needs a rest so Stackman gets his shot at redemption and his physicality is required to keep their backmen honest. We need to try something or the dees will just roll over us. I'd leave Lynch and Baker in the forward 50 to take away May's strength. I'd even try Pickett to tag that fat dusty wannabe can't think of his name? The loser off the cash converters ad? I hope they don't play Ben Brown as the umpires gift him 3 goals every time we play him for lesser things that our forwards cop week in week out.

The AFL have screwed us again as next Friday we have the Eagles in Perth off a 5 day turnaround (couldn't have at least scheduled it on the Saturday night??? This is becoming a regular thing i've noticed).
We can rest some of our older players for that game. Nic Nat is out for months so Nank can have a spell, as should Cotchin, Tarrant and Rewoldt as it's a long season and a long flight for their arthritis and haemorrhoids to flare up so the old codgers can put their feet up for the week, whilst some kids get a taste.

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
Changes for the Dees:

OUT: Parker, Ralphsmith, Miller, Ross, Edwards (rested and Aarts given the Aarse! )

Jason Castagna

My reasons are pretty simple. Gibcus is the future star of our backline Miller is still a question mark? Parker is too much of a butcher and Kamden has him covered. Ross I don't rate too highly and makes way for Lambert. Soldo is a must as these bastards have 2 gun ruckman and we need to physically beat their ruckman up within the rules of the game. Edwards is old and needs a rest so Stackman gets his shot at redemption and his physicality is required to keep their backmen honest. We need to try something or the dees will just roll over us. I'd leave Lynch and Baker in the forward 50 to take away May's strength. I'd even try Pickett to tag that fat dusty wannabe can't think of his name? The loser off the cash converters ad? I hope they don't play Ben Brown as the umpires gift him 3 goals every time we play him for lesser things that our forwards cop week in week out.

The AFL have screwed us again as next Friday we have the Eagles in Perth off a 5 day turnaround (couldn't have at least scheduled it on the Saturday night??? This is becoming a regular thing i've noticed).
We can rest some of our older players for that game. Nic Nat is out for months so Nank can have a spell, as should Cotchin, Tarrant and Rewoldt as it's a long season and a long flight for their arthritis and haemorrhoids to flare up so the old codgers can put their feet up for the week, whilst some kids get a taste.

delicious team

lets do it tigs

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Doesn’t explain why our players get targeted by the media for staging to the exclusion of any other club. Or why the rules were changed to specifically to make Richmond’s game plan less effective, also why a media campaign was launched by AFL media commentators to make sure the public knew we were going to get shafted on Ellis’s compensation. Or the “out of the blue” hysteria in 2018 4 rounds into the season about the “dire state of the game” and how a special committee of media coaches and media commentators with links to AFL house were going to save it.

Too many incidents keep stacking up to suggest AFL house don’t like us and their employees can get away with the consistently poor treatment we are receiving.

Not to mention an interstate club president of AFL controlled franchise coming out to actively campaign against a candidate for the CEO position. Smearing Gale as being too Vic centric while not putting forth any other recommendation for who he would back. Bizarre behaviour that’s been allowed to pass without any scrutiny from AFL media. I’d expect some pump pieces for Travis Auld in the coming weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Tom Lynch being unsociable stuff was genuine hysteria, remember them replaying ad nauseum minor scuffles, like Tom was the devil?

_tigdog_

Winner
Jul 20, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
After 5 rounds 2022
Gws free kick for - 103-------against-121 ,,,,,,minus 18
Swan free kick for- 99 -------against -137,,,,,,,,minus 28
Pies free kick for - 130-------against- 99 ,,,,,,,,,plus 26
Dogs free kick for- 127 -----against- 93,,,,,,,,,,, plus 34
Tigers free kick for- 93---‐---against- 131 !,,,!,,minus 38
Sidernee?

Sol23

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Team for round 6 against dee's

B--- short ---- tarrant---- d Rioli
Hb- Broad ‐ miller-- Vlastuin
Cl - kmac --- RCD-- pickett
Hf- Bolton- balta -- baker
Ff- MJR - lynch-- gibcus
R-'soldo ‐ Dow-- prestia
Int - cotch- biggy- lambo- stack
Sub Graham or Ross
I like that!

RobsJourney

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Dow's attack on it earnt this goal... had such momentum at that point there was every chance we'd roll 'em, but alas.

if anybody would like to see the rest of the GIFs from this game that I've made they start from this post ->
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/richmond-gifs.1047662/post-74484625
There was a Crouch fend off on Pickett not long after this goal but Pickett tackled strongly and the ball spilled out. NOT holding the ball, apparently, and it cost us another chance. Take the umpires out and we at least draw that game, absolutely filthy.

RobsJourney

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
What are we thinking for changes?

I'd love to see the INs as: Lambert, Sonsie, Clarke, McIntosh

But who makes way for those?

EDIT: Stack and Gibcus too

Ross had 24 touches, but was he any good? I barely got to watch

Can we just blame the umps and make the obvious changes to the team?

Dees will spank us regardless.

What are we thinking for changes?

I'd love to see the INs as: Lambert, Sonsie, Clarke, McIntosh

But who makes way for those?

EDIT: Stack and Gibcus too

Ross had 24 touches, but was he any good? I barely got to watch

Can we just blame the umps and make the obvious changes to the team?

Dees will spank us regardless.
Don’t mind them but I would have Rioli Jr in before Clarke right now
He’s put a fantastic form line together in the vfl and should be next in line for a small forward spot

Also RCD over Sonz
He was very quiet in the vfl game and just highlighted he still needs to work on a few things

I mentioned earlier that Soldo must come in Nank will get worked over by Gawn and Jackson without proper relief

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Changes for the Dees:

Jason Castagna

If walker and himmelburg kick 9g against us then the blowtorch should be on ,,,,I’d seriously look at Biggy coming in to see what he can do , gibbo is still WIP and not capable of heavy lifting ,,,yet

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Don’t mind them but I would have Rioli Jr in before Clarke right now
He’s put a fantastic form line together in the vfl and should be next in line for a small forward spot

Also RCD over Sonz
He was very quiet in the vfl game and just highlighted he still needs to work on a few things

I mentioned earlier that Soldo must come in Nank will get worked over by Gawn and Jackson without proper relief
There’s no hurry on sonz and we have a few that should be given a role ahead of him that have been in the system a while ,,,,wackin away at vfl will earn him a hunger

There’s no hurry on sonz and we have a few that should be given a role ahead of him that have been in the system a while ,,,,wackin away at vfl will earn him a hunger
Yeah 100%
I completely understand the excitement and want to get him into the side but he’s still finding that consistency

My gut says post bye chances are he will be given a crack depending on his form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back