Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are we thinking for changes?

I'd love to see the INs as: Lambert, Sonsie, Clarke, McIntosh

But who makes way for those?

EDIT: Stack and Gibcus too

Ross had 24 touches, but was he any good? I barely got to watch

Can we just blame the umps and make the obvious changes to the team?

Dees will spank us regardless.
You don’t bring in two debutants against top of ladder reigning premiers , the fq do you think we are , lol

Changes for the Dees:

IN: Lambert, Stack, Gibcus, Soldo, McIntosh.
OUT: Parker, Ralphsmith, Miller, Ross, Edwards (rested and Aarts given the Aarse! )

BacksJosh GibcusRobbie TarrantNathan Broad
Half-BacksJayden ShortNick VlastuinDaniel Rioli
CentrelineKamden McChroniclesTrent CotchinMarlion Pickett
Half-ForwardsKane LambertLiam BakerSydney Stack
ForwardsTom LynchShai BoltonNoah Balta
FollowersToby NankervisDion PrestiaThomson Dow
Interchange:Jack RiewoldtJack GrahamJohn Soldo
Jason Castagna
Vest Boy:Shane Edwards

My reasons are pretty simple. Gibcus is the future star of our backline Miller is still a question mark? Parker is too much of a butcher and Kamden has him covered. Ross I don't rate too highly and makes way for Lambert. Soldo is a must as these bastards have 2 gun ruckman and we need to physically beat their ruckman up within the rules of the game. Edwards is old and needs a rest so Stackman gets his shot at redemption and his physicality is required to keep their backmen honest. We need to try something or the dees will just roll over us. I'd leave Lynch and Baker in the forward 50 to take away May's strength. I'd even try Pickett to tag that fat dusty wannabe can't think of his name? The loser off the cash converters ad? I hope they don't play Ben Brown as the umpires gift him 3 goals every time we play him for lesser things that our forwards cop week in week out.

The AFL have screwed us again as next Friday we have the Eagles in Perth off a 5 day turnaround (couldn't have at least scheduled it on the Saturday night??? This is becoming a regular thing i've noticed).
We can rest some of our older players for that game. Nic Nat is out for months so Nank can have a spell, as should Cotchin, Tarrant and Rewoldt as it's a long season and a long flight for their arthritis and haemorrhoids to flare up so the old codgers can put their feet up for the week, whilst some kids get a taste.
4 goals down before the first siren.
Unless we have Oppo umpiring.

2. Stamp out blocking from the marking contest from players not intending to mark / punch the ball . Only player who can body block must make contact with the ball in the air

I believe that would make the game impossible to adjudicate unfortunately
Was the case in the past when plenty of umpires felt the game was way easier to umpire . Albeit it was under disguise of no blocking unless the ball is 5mytrs away .

Surely it aint long before both Sonsie and Clarke get a run. A lot of players performing in the VFL which will put pressure on for spots

Pretty easy decisions in both cases, Ross ducked his head, Himmelberg tackled him around the chest - holding the ball as it should be. You have the weagles midfielders and your captain for prompting a crack down on the blight that is head duckers.

Crouch clearly got a handball away = play on.

I happen to agree the administrators (not the umpires) have broken the fabric of the game with rule changes and interpretations and are now clearly trying to increase scoring with free kicks, but they have done this due to the defensive strategies of the coaches.

But those two decisions were just fine imho.

Dusty in - Richmond win comfortably. Better spend your time asking your coaches why you cant win without Dusty anymore.
Fair enough, I disagree on the two decisions being fine but that's all I can do, I'm not gonna try and change your mind.

On our captain, though, I think Grimes ducked his head for soft frees maybe 3 or 4 times ever, then stopped doing it. It was just highlighted because it happened in a final, and another time in a Dreamtime game. I doubt we have anything to do with changing adjudications; we're consistently dead last for free kicks for/against, we're even twice the next team for 50m against. Free kick and Richmond are not in the same rule book.

If walker and himmelburg kick 9g against us then the blowtorch should be on ,,,,I’d seriously look at Biggy coming in to see what he can do , gibbo is still WIP and not capable of heavy lifting ,,,yet
Not sure why we regularly criticise our defence. Forwards struggle with lack of supply or delivery; defenders struggle with speed of ball movement.

It’s all on our mids and maybe forward 50 pressure. Once upon a time the opposition couldn’t get it out of our 50.

Ps. The goal square being changed to a runway for kickers has obviously had an effect.
Certain INS - KMAc and Lambo

Maybe ins
  • …Gibcus or Nyoun (played an absolute ripper VFL game)
  • MRJ or Stack ( both very solid in regards to pressure / attack on the footy…we have missed this forward pressure in the ones)

-RCD looked good in the guts…but doubt it
Yep, K Mac and Lambert. Also want to see MRJ and Syd. Soldo is required as well.

The only alternative to Ivan I can think of would be a bit more radical: Miller tag Jackson for the whole game. Fwd, ruck, bench the lot.

The other side of the argument is that we were actually that much better than the remainder of the competition when we were sucessfull so umpire bias wasn’t that big of an issue . Whereas now we are back to the pack , the umpire bias is effecting the win/loss result .
I may be incorrect but IIRC no club in history has had such a free kick differential over such a prolonged time frame. Whilst in the past where clubs have had a large differential it has been more strongly weighted by free’s against . Clubs are often having their lowest frees against when playing against Richmond .

This is spot on. And our silly errors are in the same boat. Even during our glory years I’d always comment …. geez, we love keeping teams interested when we’d do a stupid turnover or give a 50m penalty when the game was almost over - but it never mattered, it just meant we won by 6-goals instead of 10-goals.

But now, the regular umpire reaming and our discipline / stupid errors takes us from a 2-3 goal win to a 2-3 goal loss.

We can cut out our discipline problems, but the umpiring is ingrained so we will just have to overcome that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Think it might be time to move Baker into the backline or middle. He's so dynamic and clean. Bring MRJ in.

Expect Parker and potentially Dow out. Maybe Hugo or Rioli as they both copped knocks.

Think they'll back in Balta to ruck against Jackson, rightly or wrongly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

balta was tagged as our new rance at half back. for god's sake put him back there.
We badly need two of them, or go small again and play only Lynch forward. Sadly he doesn't offer the same pressure that 2017/18 Riewoldt did.

How about...

Grimes, Tarrant, Broad
Vlastuin, Balta, Short
McIntosh, Cotchin, Pickett
Edwards, Stack, Bolton
Baker, Lynch, MRJ
Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
Lambert, Graham, Dow, Rioli

/shrug

Hopefully sometime this year we will have a forward line of
Maurice Rioli
Sydney stack
Shai Bolton
Daniel rioli
Noah balta
Tom lynch
With dusty rotating with shai
If Daniel plays as a small forward again
It means we have sent baker back
And maybe bought in mansell
But a forward line of big tom and Noah
Surrounded by shai, junior, Daniel and Sydney is elite

I think we need Soldo in this week to try and curb Gawn's centre square dominance that he will have if it's only Nank against him. Balta stays forward and Jack to be the third tall or maybe the defensive decoy forward keeping Lever from going third up all the time. Ross will make way for McIntosh and most likely Parker for Lambert. I'd also bring in Mansell for Ralphsmith.

That would give us a side that looks like this:

B: Vlastuin Tarrant Broad
HB: Rioli Broad Mansell
C: Pickett Cotchin McIntosh
HF: Bolton Balta Lambert
F: Riewoldt Lynch Castagna
Foll: Soldo Dow Prestia
I/C: Nankervis Edwards Short Baker

IN: Soldo, Mansell, Lambert, McIntosh
OUT: Parker, Ross, Ralphsmith, Graham

It was out of Graham, Castagna, Edwards and Short to be the last out and while none of them are likely outs, the most likely of them is probably Graham. He still hasn't really offered much so far this season.

I think we need Soldo in this week to try and curb Gawn's centre square dominance that he will have if it's only Nank against him. Balta stays forward and Jack to be the third tall or maybe the defensive decoy forward keeping Lever from going third up all the time. Ross will make way for McIntosh and most likely Parker for Lambert. I'd also bring in Mansell for Ralphsmith.

That would give us a side that looks like this:

B: Vlastuin Tarrant Broad
HB: Rioli Broad Mansell
C: Pickett Cotchin McIntosh
HF: Bolton Balta Lambert
F: Riewoldt Lynch Castagna
Foll: Soldo Dow Prestia
I/C: Nankervis Edwards Short Baker

IN: Soldo, Mansell, Lambert, McIntosh
OUT: Parker, Ross, Ralphsmith, Graham

It was out of Graham, Castagna, Edwards and Short to be the last out and while none of them are likely outs, the most likely of them is probably Graham. He still hasn't really offered much so far this season.
You have Broad in your side twice, but I'm guessing one is Miller?

if we were dead serious this week we would drop Jack and bring in an extra ruck Soldo

Also the vfl boys are killing it - gotta start rewarding that while the season is still alive. Can bring some fresh faces which will rejuvinate the team. Stack, rcd and sonsie need a run for sure. Lots of under performing regulars need to be dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back