Autopsy Roast & Toast, best vs Adelaide and changes for Dees on Anzac Day eve

Best vs Crows

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not Cyril Rioli's wife are you? Seriously mate, your drawing a bloody long bow by thinking i am referencing BLM's by saying the AFL is dropping a knee into our neck. You do realise that the move existed well and truely before George Flloyd died from it - before the Police used it to excess, it was actually a move they taught to submit someone.

Use some common sense mate - if i was referencing Flloyd or BLM's( which is near impossible in the context of what we are talking about) - I would have made that very clear. You have assumed something - I was making a comment on the AFL's treatment of Richmond, not some wider political statement.
Why edit the post then?

after watching todays game its clear that we dont have a system that enables us to keep an open fwd 50,both Haw n Geelol consistently got it in one on one
was good to watch,both teams woulda showed us up based on the tripe we dished up 2 days ago

Our forward line is not the issue. We are AFL #1 in scoring once we get in inside 50. Our issue is stopping it (and getting it in enough to kick winning scores). That's not to say we can't improve but our team defence and our 1-1 defence is a massive issue at the moment.

Our forward line is not the issue. We are AFL #1 in scoring once we get in inside 50. Our issue is stopping it (and getting it in enough to kick winning scores). That's not to say we can't improve but our team defence and our 1-1 defence is a massive issue at the moment.

We just need to get Grimes, Vlastuin, Tarrant, Gibcus, Broad, Short & Rioli in the team at the same time now.

We just need to get Grimes, Vlastuin, Tarrant, Gibcus, Broad, Short & Rioli in the team at the same time now.
And the midfield putting defensive pressure on for the whole game. That might help a bit too.

Melbourne's gonna want to come out humiliate us on Sunday, so what are we going to do about it? are we gonna fumble the ball for 4 quarters? miss tackles and make their two average forwards Brown & Fritsch look like Lockett and Dunstall? are we gonna get smashed at the stoppages again? giveaway 20 dumb freekicks, hand them 5 goals, then blame the umpires for the loss?
At our best our forward & backline are better the Melbournes, our 1%ers and dirty ball is better than Melbournes, our brought pressure is better than their guys if we come to play. So what are we going to do on Sunday? Lets *ingg!! beat these wannabes.

Closest Crouch's fist came to the ball.... I've been through it several times. Propelling the ball with one hand is called a throw/incorrect disposal. View attachment 1378965
And the fend off prior to the tackle, even if his fist grazed the ball the ump couldn't have seen it, thus a very clear holding the ball that was WAY, WAY, WAY more holding the ball than the one on Ross 7 or 8 minutes before it that gifted Himmelberg a shot at goal, yet not paid. One of probably 5 frees I saw them not pay to us and I only watched from that moment the Ross one was paid. Pay that to Pickett and we either have a long shot or a deep entry to 50. We had momentum already. Who knows what could have happened. It's infuriating.

Melbourne's gonna want to come out humiliate us on Sunday, so what are we going to do about it? are we gonna fumble the ball for 4 quarters? miss tackles and make their two average forwards Brown & Fritsch look like Lockett and Dunstall? are we gonna get smashed at the stoppages again? giveaway 20 dumb freekicks, hand them 5 goals, then blame the umpires for the loss?
At our best our forward & backline are better the Melbournes, our 1%ers and dirty ball is better than Melbournes, our brought pressure is better than their guys if we come to play. So what are we going to do on Sunday? Lets *****g!! beat these wannabes.
Home game, a stronger side on paper than what we put out against Adelaide, even potentially the boosting return of Dusty, we will be good, but still not good enough sadly.

Melbourne play Richmond circa 2017 footy with slightly less pressure but a better up/down game on the outside, and have the advantage of perhaps the two best rucks in the comp (which is rather insane and unfair if you think about it, it's a big boon for them), compared to us just having the battering ram Nank.

We now play... I'm not sure what style it is.

We won't beat them, their mids will streak away from us in waves constantly.

And the fend off prior to the tackle, even if his fist grazed the ball the ump couldn't have seen it, thus a very clear holding the ball that was WAY, WAY, WAY more holding the ball than the one on Ross 7 or 8 minutes before it that gifted Himmelberg a shot at goal, yet not paid. One of probably 5 frees I saw them not pay to us and I only watched from that moment the Ross one was paid. Pay that to Pickett and we either have a long shot or a deep entry to 50. We had momentum already. Who knows what could have happened. It's infuriating.
I actually think the Ross one was fair enough. He had his head up and then lowered it. You choose to lead with the head (lowering it when it was up) and it often goes against you, particularly interstate.

The 360s and 720s in tackles that weren't paid were the ones that most infuriated me. Oh and the ridiculous one against Bolton late in the match 9had no bearing) but just a terrible decision.

Anyway, onwards and upwards from here.

Home game, a stronger side on paper than what we put out against Adelaide, even potentially the boosting return of Dusty, we will be good, but still not good enough sadly.

Melbourne play Richmond circa 2017 footy with slightly less pressure but a better up/down game on the outside, and have the advantage of perhaps the two best rucks in the comp (which is rather insane and unfair if you think about it, it's a big boon for them), compared to us just having the battering ram Nank.

We now play... I'm not sure what style it is.

We won't beat them, their mids will streak away from us in waves constantly.
You're right, no one can beat them, end the season now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't say no one can beat them, but I don't think we can. They are a very good side at the moment and they're really just cruising.
They remind me of us in the first half of 2018.

Missing Vlaustuin and Grimes is a big factor. The other is our game plan, we commit fewer numbers to a contest and drop numbers back to intercept, which is pointless if you are missing our top interceptors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missing Vlaustuin and Grimes is a big factor. The other is our game plan, we commit fewer numbers to a contest and drop numbers back to intercept, which is pointless if you are missing our top interceptors.

Yeah probably as much with their leadership in setting up the backline as much as their pure intercept ability. Which is why our mids need to crack in more. I know we haven't valued clearance as much historically but it may be time to rethink that...

probably

I reckon we are a good chance of beating the Dees, we respond well after losses, the umps try and correct umpiring mistakes after shockers in the next game, we could have the rub of the green. Our free kick differential against the crows has been talked about in the media, the umps and AFL would have noticed. We’ll also have good ins and Melbourne aren’t at their peak yet. They have just been cruising so far and can easily be jumped on game day.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah probably as much with their leadership in setting up the backline as much as their pure intercept ability. Which is why our mids need to crack in more. I know we haven't valued clearance as much historically but it may be time to rethink that...

100% agree. Our game plan is past its sell by date. Every team now knows how to counter us.

Even on the weekend in the VFL game the blues changed tactics in the 3rd quarter and packed more players around the ball and made a come back. Much like they did to us round 1 in the afl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back