Jun 21, 2004
Heidelberg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Kane Cornes hot take... keep Chol and trade out Nankervis

Thank goodness he didnt work out at his fire department job

Imagine that type of thinking where it couldnt be just laughed at.

Only angle he could have is that Nank is going to hit the wall soon due to shouldering so much of the ruck through this dynasty.

Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Did you notice all the love for Jack Graham in that celebration?

Everybody in the media going on about Shai, but our playing group knows to celebrate not only the classy finish but also the hard grunt work that makes it possible.
Yeah, the stuff that experienced watchers, commentators and especially ex-players miss is unbelievable.

And that also goes for terrible turnovers that hand over possession in the first place.

Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Watched last qtr again.

Impressed with the super professional finish by the Tiges. When long haired bummer missed in the last qtr... we chipped around for a minute to gain some composure and then launched again .

Jake aarts looks baked in now.... hard to see him not being in the starting 22 from now on.

Pleased to see George get some pill and kick important goals.

If not recognised outside of Punt Rd he must now.... Bolton ... genuine A grader. Must be the best small fwd in the comp when he’s not killing them in the middle.

Thought Martin and Bolton were the best ... you could raffle the other best three.

Gotta be honest, thought we were rooted in the last Q. Felt like season on the line in terms of a flag tilt. To lose from a winning position it would have been a tough journey and one you would rue.

anyway ... well done Tiges , EAD bombers. Parish was awesome ... good speech when not ready for it.... future leader. Look good in a tiger jumper.
Good to see a bunch on here giving Parish the recognition he deserves. Only took the Bombers 5 years to play him in the position Dodoro recruited him for - even then, it took three injuries to get him there.

How could they not know what a brilliant clearance player he was?

Out of contract this year, and I agree, he would look good in a Tiger jumper.

Does make me a hypocrite though: I’ve been advocating taking all our picks, this, and every year to the draft.

1980GFVideo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2004
Heidelberg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
As to the crowd noise being deafening when Essendon came back at us.

Someone pointed out that there were at least fifty percent neutrals. They were all expecting us to go on with it and to be a standard win for most of the game.

That Essendon come back represented a twist on the game and put life into it for neutral supporters. If I was neutral I would have been cheering those goals also given that we always looked liked winning by 3 goals for most of the game.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
Kane Cornes on the footy show highlighting free kicks that should’ve been paid against us, who’s whinging now you hypocrite?
I don’t see them complaining when we’re the lowest team with free kicks for after the umpires ignored free kicks everywhere around the ground for basically most of the first 10 rounds. Second game in a row that we win the free kick count by +5 and there is already a segment and article about missed free kicks for the opposition :rolleyes:

Oshka

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
That final minute was the best pressure football we've played all year.
Essendon were cooked. They basically had no bench. I hate to say it, but if they had a fit side all game and the umpires called the game correctly, we would’ve lost.

We go to sleep too often. Even in our wins. Sides just pile on goals and we struggle to break their momentum. Our zone is no longer impenetrable. Any team with decent kicking skills cut us to pieces.

Barnard

All Australian
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I went to this match last night.
My first since 2017 when we belted the Dockers on our way to premiership glory.
About half the crowd were Tigers and Bummers fans, and a lot of the neutrals were going for Essendon.
I got a question. Do all oppo supporters at games hate Dusty with great passion?
The salt last night in the crowd from Essendon flogs was delicious!!
He has become hated the last couple of seasons and it’s a real shame especially for a guy like dusty that really does absolutely nothing but play good footy. He’s not a try hard funny guy in the media like Danger, nor does he offer any opinion on other players/clubs he doesn’t stage for free kicks or sook to the umpires, he’s never doing anything dirty and rarely does he even engage in any kind of opposition niggle towards him. The only reason people hate him is because they are sick of the media attention he draws which is in no way his fault. The booing by the Brisbane crowd was sickening.

Essendon were cooked. They basically had no bench. I hate to say it, but if they had a fit side all game and the umpires called the game correctly, we would’ve lost.

We go to sleep too often. Even in our wins. Sides just pile on goals and we struggle to break their momentum. Our zone is no longer impenetrable. Any team with decent kicking skills cut us to pieces.

hahha "had no bench"

you are insufferable mate

McGrath went out early, they activated Ambrose who played the whole game. Zaharakis did his hammy in the 3rd quarter

So in essence, they were down ONE on the bench for a quarter and a half. Hardly game changing.

And on the Umps all i can say is what a load of s**t, i can remember at least 4 of their goals that came from missed free kicks. The most obvious of which were Hinds two handed rugby throw that led to stringers goal, and also Tippa sniping Grimes which then led to Ham's goal.

ImaBeliever!

All Australian
Apr 13, 2007
The Wimmera
AFL Club
Richmond
hahha "had no bench"

you are insufferable mate

McGrath went out early, they activated Ambrose who played the whole game. Zaharakis did his hammy in the 3rd quarter

So in essence, they were down ONE on the bench for a quarter and a half. Hardly game changing.

And on the Umps all i can say is what a load of sh*t, i can remember at least 4 of their goals that came from missed free kicks. The most obvious of which were Hinds two handed rugby throw that led to stringers goal, and also Tippa sniping Grimes which then led to Ham's goal.
agree. Bombers were cooked because they couldn’t match us and aren’t quite at the top level yet. And losing a player isn’t always a death sentence, we lost Prestia and yet still managed to go up a gear at a time in the game when most are waning.
But the point about going to sleep is valid, we let opposition take control and get easy goals too often. At least we have some time to work on aspects of our game to fix our deficiencies as we have done in recent seasons.

I agree, drives me crazy too.. but it’s pretty standard for us over the last few years in the first half of the season.

Just tick over the wins and get to the bye with limited injuries and then we get cracking and peak at the right time coming into finals

hopefully this year isn’t any different to previous few

tropicaltiger

🏆2017 🏆2019 🏆2020
Jan 4, 2002
cairns
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Snakes

you are being hysterical

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
He has become hated the last couple of seasons and it’s a real shame especially for a guy like dusty that really does absolutely nothing but play good footy. He’s not a try hard funny guy in the media like Danger, nor does he offer any opinion on other players/clubs he doesn’t stage for free kicks or sook to the umpires, he’s never doing anything dirty and rarely does he even engage in any kind of opposition niggle towards him. The only reason people hate him is because they are sick of the media attention he draws which is in no way his fault. The booing by the Brisbane crowd was sickening.
I'm in NSW so not a football state. Dusty is a huge name in AFL. Up there with Buddy. Lynch is the RFC player everyone hates for his aggro antics last year. Booing, unfortunately is becoming part of the game. First time I experienced it was our Prelim vs Giants directed at the opposition at the pre game warm up. I think Brisbane have got a hate of us ~ like I hated Geelong for never being able to beat them. Booing RFC off the ground after a win? That's a bit far

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
Dimma never seems to focus on the oppo teams strength though, he seems to back our system. Case in point letting Parish rack up disposals last night.
yeah remember when he refused to man both Sidebottom and Crisp up in the '18 Prelim,went with the system and Pies toyed with us, had 70 marks
by 1/2 time.game over

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Is there any word on how long we should expect Nankervis to be out for?

This should explain it :D

nank.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back