Not open for further replies.

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
Just a note on Jack Riewoldt's brilliance and genius.
The kick from Vlaustin which results in Jack's side kick and Shai's goal.
Jack, at top left, wins the contest although he is circled by several defenders.
Five to one.
Screenshot_20210607-012228_AFL.jpg

Last edited:
May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Jack was tackled at least four times in the final quarter, without the ball, no free kick was paid.
They paid a free kick to the Essendon defender who staged a dive.
View attachment 1149067
thats the pic ess dont wanna see , HTF does the umpire not see that , is that permitted is it

G String

All Australian
Jan 3, 2008
Brighton
AFL Club
Richmond
Jack was tackled at least four times in the final quarter, without the ball, no free kick was paid.
They paid a free kick to the Essendon defender who staged a dive.
View attachment 1149067
I do like this rule as it makes it easy for the umpires to call - its black and white - and defenders know now not to do the reach around. This one seems pretty obvious and clearly a mistake but in the end I'm glad it wasn't paid

Feb 13, 2006
Just beyond the horizon.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
RFC VFL
changes i want to see this week
outs: Prestia (inj) Cotchin (mangd) RCD (rested) Houli (dropped) Caddy(dropped)
ins: Lambert Mansell MRJ D.Rioli(possibly last time) Miller HRS
Yeez. I dunno if we can take WC that lightly. That is a seriously inexperienced line-up.

Oct 7, 2001
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Heart, Furies

ins: Lambert Mansell MRJ D.Rioli(possibly last time) Miller HRS

the fresher legs the better on that shitpile
lol

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania

ins: Lambert Mansell MRJ D.Rioli(possibly last time) Miller HRS or Parker

Why would you rest players the week before the bye???

I'm thinking a lot simpler ...

In: Nankervis Lambert
Out: Caddy Prestia

If Prestia is okay to play then unfortunately RCD would have to go out :(

Plenty to like about that game, especially seeing the Tigers pinging the ball through the corridor. Jeez, we really rely more than we should on Sheds to make that happen. Castagna sticking it up the negative nancys was also pretty sweet.

Reckon we just looked tougher than Essendon all night. Bit bigger and stronger. Pushed them off the ball. Shrugged tackles. They'll be better next year when some of their kids put on the required 5kgs of shoulders and they shed some more of the deadwood. Fair dinkum, Phillips is still the worst AFL-grade ruck in the AFL.

Still some worrying signs, particularly the backline and defensive transition, but we're on the wrong side of the bye. You can feel the improvement, especially in pressure. Cotchin in the team improves the backline heaps.

I'll be interested to see if the chip / mark style is something we continue to roll with. It bores the s**t out of me, but hey, it's a game of football, not a painting. Doesn't matter what it looks like.

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeez. I dunno if we can take WC that lightly. That is a seriously inexperienced line-up.
yeah i know,tho not about taking them lightly,the grounds a nightmare and i just think ya need a lot of run,young run
we can afford to have a look at a few this week before the bye,perfect opportunity,still got the nucleus of a strong defence
with Mansell replacing Houli,its a huge ground and Houls is 33 now,not worth risking Cotch and the junior RCD could do with
a 2 week rest to get him primed for the run home

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Feb 13, 2006
Just beyond the horizon.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
RFC VFL
Why would you rest players the week before the bye???

I'm thinking a lot simpler ...

In: Nankervis Lambert
Out: Caddy Prestia

If Prestia is okay to play then unfortunately RCD would have to go out :(
Will be something like that.

OUT: RCD, Caddy
IN: Miller, Lambo

Didn't hate Caddy's game he's just the most expendable.
RCD has been great but Lambo waits for no man.
Lacked height in defence last week and even though Eagles looking severely depleted would be a good game to debut in being a WA boy.
Give Nank another weeks rest. He'll need it if we're pushing deep into finals this year.
Prestia was clearly faking the injury lol.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
thats the pic ess dont wanna see , HTF does the umpire not see that , is that permitted is it
And htm did none of the commentators including Richo not see it and comment on it, yet they were able to see every tiger illegal disposal

Al Heimer

Club Legend
Apr 28, 2017
Dante's Second Circle
AFL Club
Richmond
...That Essendon come back represented a twist on the game and put life into it for neutral supporters. If I was neutral I would have been cheering those goals also given that we always looked liked winning by 3 goals for most of the game.

No such thing as neutral supporters at an Essendon game. You either cheer for the opposition or for the umpires.

On SM-J250F using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond

ins: Lambert Mansell MRJ D.Rioli(possibly last time) Miller HRS or Parker

Will the hysteria about playing 3-4 rookies at once stop, ffs we ain’t on the bottom of the ladder , we re competing for a finals berth , that may not be the silliest suggestion I’ve seen yet , but it’s top 3

Barnard

All Australian
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm in NSW so not a football state. Dusty is a huge name in AFL. Up there with Buddy. Lynch is the RFC player everyone hates for his aggro antics last year. Booing, unfortunately is becoming part of the game. First time I experienced it was our Prelim vs Giants directed at the opposition at the pre game warm up. I think Brisbane have got a hate of us ~ like I hated Geelong for never being able to beat them. Booing RFC off the ground after a win? That's a bit far
Yep, im not against booing when there is a reason for it, I just see it as fans engaging in the theatre of the game, the whole Lynch thing whilst made worse by the media I could still cop that but Dusty has literally done nothing to piss people off other than be a brilliant player.

Neen

????????????
Jul 1, 2011
Thomastown
AFL Club
Richmond
The Essendrugs salt is continuing into another day. How anyone can somehow work out that the 7 goals we piled in that 11 minute period were "umpire assisted", needs to get off the Jab Watson gear. I watched the last twice, and the only goals affected by any umpiring, were the two awarded to Essendon. The 100m "Off the ball" for a tummy touch on Parish (softest free of the year), resulted in a shot on goal (Hooker) and the other one was on the wing, when the ump missed a free for holding to Pickett, and then it was thrown out by Drugs player, with advantage after Tigers stopped. I think that was Tigers player bumping into a Drugs player. All 7 of our goals had zero influence, other than the milked free against Jack, and Rioli being legged in the square. Of course, Karen Cornes has no memory of that. He also has no memory of the throw from Hind that ended up being a goal to "The $2 Shop Padded Showbag", and the Laverde shove in Caddy's back.

But lets just concentrate on the one legit free missed. You could have picked DOZENS from our games this year where we were slaughtered by umps...

Chol was superb, but needs consistency, CCJ needs to play more than just one quarter a game, but when he strings together 2 or 3 quarters, he will kick multiple goals. Edwards was sublime in creating at least 3 goals - but gets stuff all votes ? Bolton, Prestia, Dusty and Balta were all excellent, and the Drugs supporters blew a head gasket as our FB kicked one of the 7 goals. Graham has reached another level.. Brilliant game.

Parish was excellent, but had no help and could not be the matchwinner that Dusty was. Clearly, Parish was BOG. Their kids are going to be good. I noticed Tippa once in the game, and "The $2 Shop Padded Showbag" lived up to his name with a seagull goal.

Media and oppo supporters have gone NUTS because they know we are getting our players back and it looks like ANOTHER case of Deja Vu. Sook all you like, it is so sweet listening to the complainers and whingers out there, led by Karen Cornes... As for the game been "closer than the scoreboard" - Horsecrap, the scoreboard flattered Essendon, and you clowns are starting to sound more like Collingwood supporters by the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back