• 35: Nathan Broad

• 40: Callum Coleman-Jones

• 41: Mabior Chol

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it was a killer. Dimma said they talked about being more composed when in the forward half but then didn’t put the plans into practice.
It’s probably in our DNA we’ve played that chaos ball inside the f50 for 4 years now, old habits die hard

Chaos isn’t bombing to the square for a 1 vs 2
Chaos isn’t kicking it around the corner straight to the opposition when you’re too far out from goal

Devastated. We struggled to stop their Ball movement and their kicks in the F50. Our back line kept us in the game. Bolton was great but his radar was off early. Cotch disappeared in the last. Umpires really were sh.te but f*** me we weee fumbly and I couldn’t figure out whether it was from the dew or their pressure. The seasons not done by a long stretch but we’re trying to make this as hard as possible for ourselves this year it would seem 🤪

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Top 4 is a lock might change positions but none of the teams in it are coming out .

I think Geelong will slide out. Have you looked at their fixture?

Bulldogs next week followed by Brisbane at the GABBA, wouldn't rule out Dockers running them close at Optus a few weeks later and in the last round they have Melbourne. Lions aren't safe as houses either.

Eagles were more undermanned.....Game had alot of momentum shifts think Eagles had the momentum when it counted !!
Nic Nat was HUGE for the eagles and pretty much dominated the entire game
20 poss 3 tackles and 30 hitouts . Nankervis was the most important payer missing tonight between the 2 teams

Nankervis - Prestia - Astbury - Lynch - Soldo
all players above would have been starting 22 in the 2020 GF

I think Geelong will slide out. Have you looked at their fixture?

Bulldogs next week followed by Brisbane at the GABBA, wouldn't rule out Dockers running them close at Optus a few weeks later and in the last round they have Melbourne. Lions aren't safe as houses either.

cats will beat the dogs easily and the lions

I’ll back Cotch in the 2nd half of the season. I think he’s been dealing with offield issues that have affected him.
Back to Melbourne, his family around him and a week to rejuvenate the batteries we’ll see a different player.
yeah,shoulda been rested for this game,hes on tired legs the champ

Little bit of look at me with Bolton in the first, he’s just a kid in his home state so I get it but there was one that sailed over a tiger on his own in the goal square
Don’t get why everyone wants him to pull his head in. He has skills and x-factor to become a true game breaker like dusty. I would be encouraging him to play with swagger and arrogance, to back himself and be audacious. Hammering him on the head will just turn him into a Rioli mark 2

Nic Nat was HUGE for the eagles and pretty much dominated the entire game
20 poss 3 tackles and 30 hitouts . Nankervis was the most important payer missing tonight between the 2 teams

Nankervis - Prestia - Astbury - Lynch - Soldo
all players above would have been starting 22 in the 2020 GF

Astbury is underrated at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True in one sense but you would've been well rested. :)

I think we'll make top 4 ... just. Looking at your run home (which is pretty good) I think you'll get 6th. That's provided you win every game from here on in and other results go as expected according to current ladder position apart from the odd one where a home home side might be expected to win in matches between teams very close to each other on the ladder.
Dont think eagles are making top 4 this year
Melbourne,Doggies , Cats and Lions look like they are there
Bulldogs , Sydney , Lions & Melbourne to come i can see 3 losses there

The harsh reality of this is we are 1-6 against the other top 8 teams.

We literally are the 8th best team for a reason
This is the stat that bothers me. In other years, even with the injuries, we would not be so down on the ledger against better teams. Will be hard to win 4 straight in September against the same teams unless we are fully fit, in form and firing on all cylinders.

Dont think eagles are making top 4 this year
Melbourne,Doggies , Cats and Lions look like they are there
Bulldogs , Sydney , Lions & Melbourne to come i can see 3 losses there

We play Melbourne and Bulldogs at home though. It'll be close. I'm probably just expecting some of our returning players to make the difference - Shuey, Gov, Shep, Kelly, Witherden and Petch. It might not matter anyway. If you guys get a run on after the bye a tilt at another flag from 6th might not be as hard as you think.

Predictor.png

Last edited:
Also, isn't this the exact reason the blocking rule was brought in? So forwards could get a run and jump at the ball without defenders blocking their path?

block.jpg

This is the stat that bothers me. In other years, even with the injuries, we would not be so down on the ledger against better teams. Will be hard to win 4 straight in September against the same teams unless we are fully fit, in form and firing on all cylinders.

Some of those games were very strange ... if the 2 close ones (Port & WCE) went the other way, it wouldn’t look so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back