• 35: Nathan Broad

• 40: Callum Coleman-Jones

• 41: Mabior Chol

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on injury and form and barring any selection bias, I would love to see this team roll out sometime after the bye:

B: Grimes Astbury/Miller Vlastuin
HB: Short Balta Broad
C: Lambert Cotchin Pickett
HF: Bolton Lynch Edwards
F: Riewoldt Coleman-Jones Baker
Foll: Nankervis Martin Prestia
I/C: Collier-Dawkins Houli Graham Mansell

So no room for Caddy, McIntosh, Rioli, Aarts or Castagna. I'm also advocating for CCJ to relieve Nank from time to time instead of Pickett. I think that team would take some beating.

There is a time and a place to slow down the tempo and control possession, they outran us pure and simple, three goals in nine minutes changed the result.

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 11.49.02 pm.png

Of all the moments which lost us the game though, this probably the one which kills it for me

Green circle is the player with the ball (hard to see sorry)

2 red circles are our blokes - pretty sure Shai on the left, Chol on the right.

Yellow circle is there bloke.

We have the space in the middle of the ground covered. Only option they have is a guy tucked on the boundary line. Shai kinda glances around and then decides to fairly casually to give up his prime position which locks them into taking the boundary line, to go cover the bloke on the boundary. Chol, thinking Shai is covering that important space - cuts back into the middle of the ground to seeming cover something else - what, i have nfi.

It leaves a massive gaping hole in the middle of the area we clearly want to be protected most. from here they have a completely open possession. Where the eagle bloke claims the ball in frame 3 is completely covered in our zone in in frames 1 & 2. we just gave it up literally ran away from it in 2 different directions. Its way worse for me than Georgies, and Georgies is bad

ITs a really really poor moment from both players. What it yourselves, this freezeframe is probably not explaining it that well - but watching it in real time, this moment is just as bad for Shai & lesser extent Chol as Georgies was for him. Chol at least seemed to be caught out by the fact it would seem inconceivable of Shai to abandon that spot and allow the eagle player to occupy it. Both players lacked total awareness. ******* awful play.

I really think this game was one of Shai;s worst in a long time. i know stats wise he did ok & he had his highlights - but he had so many moments where he failed to do the team things. Its hard watching, but its well worth watching the last 2 minutes and this play - along with the Georgie one - to see just how rattled and un-tiger like our blokes behaved under pressure.

There is a real fundamental problem at the root of our troubles. A failure to follow the team things which made us great. Be it individual ego, lack of awareness, complacency, laziness - the errors we are making are miles off the team we think we are

Last edited:
We are not making top 4 this year

We will just have to win it from 5th/6th

No big deal with the week off before finals just means peak at the right time and just win 4 in a row
simple
AS bad as we have been playing, I'm not convinced that there is much around to beat us other than Geelong(date I say it). If we happen to get our game up and going after the break, and we don't gift games to the likes of Rioli, Castagna and Caddy, and we get Dave and Nank back, then I really think we can win it. A few if's in there, but achievable this year.

AS bad as we have been playing, I'm not convinced that there is much around to beat us other than Geelong(date I say it). If we happen to get our game up and going after the break, and we don't gift games to the likes of Rioli, Castagna and Caddy, and we get Dave and Nank back, then I really think we can win it. A few if's in there, but achievable this year.
A/ When has George ever been dropped? Rioly is part of the brotherhood others might no like him been dropped Caddy yes they will drop him. Be intresting to see what happens but I fear the same old once they are all fit the likes of Chol CCJ Dawkins MAnsell won't get a look in.

Not a football coach but...

Could we recruit two medium sized super atheletic players to just run back to crowed the defensive forward 50?

Basically bib middle finger to the AFL by slowing the game down ?

or

We change the style to get clean looks into our forward 50 and recruit the best % kickers in the draft/mature age recruit/ free agent
That’s generally how we use our wingers with either one or both charging back to assist , the 666 creates a delayed reaction correction,,,,, Vlas was on darling

Mate rewatch it again - he had 2 players to his right. One handballing distance running past & another about 30 out. all he needed to do was kick a 20-30 metre floater to his right and the game is over. Look below - he is the guy with 3 eagles in front of him just on the 50. He even could have handballed it back to the 3 players behind him. It was a totally shocking play - the king of chaos, became overwhelmed by chaos

When Dimma said we lacked composure, this was definitely one of the plays he was referring to.View attachment 1155475

I am as big of Georgie fan as there is, but this play was a really bad moment.

Argh, i really wish i hadn't taken this screenshot. It just clearly shows you how much the game was thrown away. 1:39 on the clock - the fat side to the right completely open except for 2 tigers - 3 tigers behind him to pass it back to. Just absolutely ******* blew it. We could make 8 pieces of evidence in the final 8 minutes like this. awful, jus awful
Yea that was a howler , few other smaller ones, earlier on the boundary was Macca who had Pickett for an easy forward handball , went the kick instead and intercepted , he went at 47% Macca.. fk ups piss me off too. Anyways still up to us , get in there and win this next block of games and get the season on the rails

Just watching Castagna's last shot that was always going to fall short, I completely lost it at the time, but he really didn't have anything on. Somehow we were outnumbered about 2 on 7 in our attacking 50. We were cooked. Then when West Coast go coast to coast so easily, it looks like Chol and Short were our 2 loose players who ended up nowhere, surely Short has to identify that Ryan is the most dangerous player and get closer to that contest. He stands about 15 meters in front of it and turns way too late.
and if the ump did his job and didnt pay the 8 meter kick kennedy wouldnt have had a shot

we were s**t and shouldnt have dropped a 22 point lead but geez if umps just get that 1 call right we still win and thats with them reaming us all night in wa

i bet if it was down the other end with Jack on the receiving end its not 15

and if the ump did his job and didnt pay the 8 meter kick kennedy wouldnt have had a shot

we were sh*t and shouldnt have dropped a 22 point lead but geez if umps just get that 1 call right we still win and thats with them reaming us all night in wa

i bet if it was down the other end with Jack on the receiving end its not 15
It’s strange how that’s barely been mentioned in the media 🙄 if it had of been the other way.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depending on injury and form and barring any selection bias, I would love to see this team roll out sometime after the bye:

So no room for Caddy, McIntosh, Rioli, Aarts or Castagna. I'm also advocating for CCJ to relieve Nank from time to time instead of Pickett. I think that team would take some beating.
Good team one backman too many would be my thought .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good team one backman too many would be my thought .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I've gone with the same amount of backmen of the last two grand finals. The only difference is Mansell comes in and Baker takes a small forward role.

I know it won't happen, but I can dream can't I.

You can understand umps being conservative if it’s gone 12m and paying it but it seriously went about half that. They’ve got to be better
Unfortunately, apart from the ones that make it to the last couple of weeks of the finals, they're not.

That’s a really good side 👍
I wouldn’t be getting rid of Kmac though. He was a bit untidy Sunday but has been good overall.
Great call re our 3 small forwards. We have better options on the list

That’s a really good side 👍
I wouldn’t be getting rid of Kmac though. He was a bit untidy Sunday but has been good overall.
Great call re our 3 small forwards. We have better options on the list
My only worry is that Dimma can't bring himself to remove our below average small forwards from the team. Rioli gets dropped for poor form and is reinstated on the strength of a junk time goal against an exhausted Essendon, while Aarts and Castagna simply don't get dropped, despite having far more bad games than good.

As for Kmac, I'm happy to have him as an emergency and maybe as the regular medical sub, but his disposal and fumbling are a big concern. Nobody seems to have mentioned his dropped mark that led directly to a West Coast goal in that last disgraceful few minutes.

I like it but I'm hoping Parker gets a shot. Looks like a player we desperately need out there. Hard at it, tackling pressure forward who can kick goals. Maybe take out Mansell for Parker and we're looking beautiful imo.

Mate rewatch it again - he had 2 players to his right. One handballing distance running past & another about 30 out. all he needed to do was kick a 20-30 metre floater to his right and the game is over. Look below - he is the guy with 3 eagles in front of him just on the 50. He even could have handballed it back to the 3 players behind him. It was a totally shocking play - the king of chaos, became overwhelmed by chaos

When Dimma said we lacked composure, this was definitely one of the plays he was referring to.View attachment 1155475

I am as big of Georgie fan as there is, but this play was a really bad moment.

Argh, i really wish i hadn't taken this screenshot. It just clearly shows you how much the game was thrown away. 1:39 on the clock - the fat side to the right completely open except for 2 tigers - 3 tigers behind him to pass it back to. Just absolutely ******* blew it. We could make 8 pieces of evidence in the final 8 minutes like this. awful, jus awful
Poor decision making. In Georges defence he's had to run to get clear of 2 opponents, he had wheeled around and ended up on his left, the best option would have been Aarts(?) the player close to the umpire. Or hit up the other richmond player on the lead. Both kicks on his left, which I can't remember him ever doing. So his left foot pass should've hit a target. Hopefully a mark which runs the clock down nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back