Votes: 6 3.1%
  • 50: Marlion Pickett

Votes: 122 62.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was not, remember that game clearly, got towelled up, as weak as Ryan was today. What helped CCJ that game was it poured down during the game, slowed things downs so he could get the odd tackle and hand pass. Also he played in the ruck all game, Ryan had less time sharing it with chol and ccj.
You said it right there at least ccj got involved in conditions that weren't meant to be for a big man. He got a touch at least. Sampson just wasn't up to it. Those are facts. Would.love for him to prove me wrong. But I doubt he will

Very disappointing night, lots of the team either out of form or just not hungry enough for the contest. I liked the addition of Samson allowing us to play a genuine second ruck but just the wrong weather to trial it in. Looked to tall and slow throughout the game. We need nank back in the team asap and allow one of the developing rucks to play second fiddle rather than the bulk load

there seems to be no connection between the back half and the forward half. We’re just constantly going back and trying to switch the ball for no reward. Are we starting to feel the effects of losing to many assistants and only replacing them from within rather than adding to our knowledge from outside the club?

It was fantastic while it lasted.
I am glad I seen them win the last three out of four premierships.
It is hard to take watching the boys putting out that rubbish tonight.

We were so bad it’s hard come to any conclusions.

Era not over yet... we have too many good players .
Time is catching them though. Dusty just turned 30, Edwards, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Houli, Astbury, Grimes, Lynch all getting on and will decline too. We are a dangerously aging side.

Time for a refresh, build the next tilt around Bolton, Balta, Baker, CCJ, and hope we've uncovered some others. Need to hit the draft hard over the next 2-3 years and trade for guys that will be around for 5-10 years.

Has our game-plan changed on purpose or are we just not able to get our usual game going? There's nothing wrong with changing to a new play style and trying to stay a step ahead of the competition but maybe don't completely change the way you play in the middle of the year
Furious tackling never gets old, we've lost that now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time is catching them though. Dusty just turned 30, Edwards, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Houli, Astbury, Grimes, Lynch all getting on and will decline too. We are a dangerously aging side.

Time for a refresh, build the next tilt around Bolton, Balta, Baker, CCJ, and hope we've uncovered some others. Need to hit the draft hard over the next 2-3 years and trade for guys that will be around for 5-10 years.
Agree , don't forget lambert is 29 , broad 29 , prestia 29 next year Lynch also 29 etc , 75% of our team is probably 28 or older. Bad age profile

Ccj actually touched the ball. I remember that game he actually got involved in some ok chains of play. Sampson was involved in nothing
Can't compare, CCJ played in a team that won the game easily, the whole team played good that game except maybe a few, it'd be easy to say who actually played ok in this match.

So to summarise what went wrong in a
nutshell

it was Dimma
it was Dimma
It was the assistants
It was the match committee
It was our talls
It was our smalls
It was the leadership
It was our young guys
It was our hunger
It was our arrogance