Votes: 6 3.1%
  • 50: Marlion Pickett

Votes: 122 62.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year has got the same feel as 81 for those that can remember.
I can remember us sitting nicely in third spot roughly halfway through the season. Then after kicking 11 goals in the first quarter against St Kilda at VFL Park, Cloke did his knee and that was that.

But the *******s in charge also sacked Tony Jewell at seasons end. I don't think the coach will be sacked after this year.

I can remember us sitting nicely in third spot roughly halfway through the season. Then after kicking 11 goals in the first quarter against St Kilda at VFL Park, Cloke did his knee and that was that.

But the *******s in charge also sacked Tony Jewell at seasons end. I don't think the coach will be sacked after this year.
That team back then could really get on a roll in a game .Regularly kicking 7-8 goals a quarter. We where spoilt back then .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That team back then could really get on a roll in a game .Regularly kicking 7-8 goals a quarter. We where spoilt back then .

That '80 team in particular was something to behold. I was a spoilt 11 year old. I naturally assumed we just walked out and spanked every team by 10-20 goals every week, lol.

FB: Grimes, Astbury, Vlastuin
HB: Short, Miller, Cotchin
C: Lambert, Collier-Dawkins, Naish
HF: Baker, Riewoldt, Edwards
FF: Aarts, Lynch, Martin
R: Chol, Bolton, Prestia
I: Stack, Ralphsmith, Dow, Coleman-Jones
Not a bad team. Not sure if Astbury will be back though. If not maybe Garthwaite comes in or McIntosh moves to the back half.

Ross' form could see him return to the side.

Miller is the obvious replacement for Balta. If Astbury is fit, he could come in and replace Broad. If not, then I'm not sure what we do. Either get Vlastuin to play taller and bring in Ross or play McIntosh down there for a bit more height and bring in Naish or RCD with a few other mids rotating through the wing.
Not sure on Naish looks a little timid to me

I have no idea whether we won or not right now, but I hope we did.

Any oppo supporters giving bogus votes will have their privileges removed from this board, or an appendage removed. Your choice.
Just a thought, I sometimes go to look at votes from opposing team boards just out of interest. So I haven't actually watched the game and will put in one random vote just so I can see the poll results. So not troll votes but it may come off that way

Just a thought, I sometimes go to look at votes from opposing team boards just out of interest. So I haven't actually watched the game and will put in one random vote just so I can see the poll results. So not troll votes but it may come off that way
Fair point but take a look at the votes now. 25 idiots have given Samson Ryan votes.
we will be changing this up anyway.

Not sure on Naish looks a little timid to me
In all fairness Houli has never been overly accountable for a man for a few years now and has been kept in the side for his ball use and ability to break lines with his kicking
this year Houli’s disposal has fallen off the cliff along with his ability to run

So if we put in Naish for Houli we get that ball use and work rate back without sacrificing a huge amount if anything in terms of defensive accountability

Your dropping our best player from last week who had his best game for thd club ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got too drunk watching the game to offer much insight, but I did watch most of the VFL matches over the last two weeks while relatively sober.
Miller is ready to be given a run, but would still be a chance to put in a Samson-like debut performance. Garth has alternated between forward and back and has missed a fair bit of the season, I'd put Miller in the team ahead of him.
And just on Samson - he looked quite OK as the VFL ruck two weeks ago. But as a forward target, he is easily pushed off the ball by players who look much smaller. I like what I see from him but needs time to develop.
What we do seem to have is a glut of small backmen: Short, Houli, Baker, Mansell, Stack, Egg-Molesse in roughly that order at the moment. Plus you can put Edwards, Pickett, K-Mac, Naish back there if needed.
Ross also looking good back there, but more of a Vlastuin type role than a run and carry.
I thought Vlastuin was looking close to his best form of the year early in the game but noticed some have him on the OUT list. Injured? Hope not, we really need him to play tallish to cover Broad.
RCD looking good at VFL level. Dow not ready yet but has a real touch of class about him. Matt Parker I found very noticeable 2 weeks ago, but didn't notice him the next week.
Naish probably ready for a run. Rioli junior still needs to develop and I have trouble knowing where Caddy or Dan Rioli would fit in the AFL team.

My thoughts at the moment are Miller in for Balta. Mansell in for Broad if that still works structurally. Stack likely in another week or two - he can play back & Baker play mid or forward.
I'm also wondering how Cotch would go forward and RCD replace him in the middle? Could be a terrible idea....

Not sure if Lynch is ready. On 22 June he was 1 to 2 weeks away. HRS didn't really impress vs Willi & I didn't see yesterday's game. I'd leave Pickett IN. The day Dimma drops Houli, Kmac & Castagna in the same round I'll have a heart attack. Just thinking about Cotch at HBF. Will he be better than Houli? Should we just rest Cotch?

Play the kids time.

Rcd dow ross miller naish etc. Its time to change things up.
2 forced changes of KPPs in the backline. Miller for sure but then Garth and Astbury are the only options. Maybe if Lynch gets up throw Chol to the backline and CJ rucks. Suns only have smith as ruck. Houli and/or Cotch rested. Castagna and Ryan out for the kids

Not sure if Lynch is ready. On 22 June he was 1 to 2 weeks away. HRS didn't really impress vs Willi & I didn't see yesterday's game. I'd leave Pickett IN. The day Dimma drops Houli, Kmac & Castagna in the same round I'll have a heart attack. Just thinking about Cotch at HBF. Will he be better than Houli? Should we just rest Cotch?
according to dimma he's a week away. but given he was way off with balta who would know.

the thing that got me more than the loss was only scoring 2 goals. wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back