Autopsy Roast & Toast R18 vs Brisbane & Changes for R19 vs Geelong

Best 5 vs Brisbane?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a very satisfying win. Reminded me of watching games back in the day when we were garbage, not worrying about finals or grand finals, just wanting a win. Loved Rioli's game, he's bloody clean.

Chol becomes a tough matchup when he's not first ruck. 200cm super mobile third tall forward and relief ruck is where he's best used. Can be very damaging.
That's his spot. He'll cause massive headaches for opposition defences if we can keep that structure together.

In other words, just so long as Nank, Lynch and Jack are all there as well.

The first time we've played a 4 quarter game this year (maybe 3 and a half) and easily our best win. The pressure, intent and aggression was there all night. That's what has been missing all year. If that stays we are in every game.

* me though, Castagna and Aarts. FFS Dimma, surely someone can do better.

Rioli in the back line a great move. He did more offensively than he has done playing forward
19 disposals 7CP @95% 2 CC 3 SI
So many on here saying it was a dumb move but it always made sense. Rioli played like he didn't know what to do our how to impact the game anymore.

Small forward is the hardest position. You rely entirely on your teammates. If they are kicking it inside 50 poorly then it gets intercepted and rebounded. If it gets delivered well it gets marked by your teammates.
The opportunities as a small forward are so limited its hard to get in games and stay in them.

Our confidence looked strong late in the last.

Dusty injured will hurt but I reckon we'll give the 3peat everything we've got.

#ECI
Even if we don't make the grand final to defend our Premierships, you don't ever just give up and put the cue back in the rack. Ever. You fight tooth and nail to the end. Anything less diminishes previous glories. Some of the commentary and posts in this forum in the past week or two have been as weak as water.

Gutsy effort tonight against a team that have put the cart before the horse imo. Nice little look into the future as well. Our backline looks dynamic and fast when the ball hits the ground. As we know footy attack begins on the half back line and we are fat with talent and potential there now.

Bruce talking up Tokyo. Geez. Looks like a bloody corpse. The mick mars of sports commentary.
Mick Molloy should host the Olympics !

Add some much needed schmaltz and some interesting multis !

Actually hope Roy and HG make a long awaited comeback ! Paleeeeaseeee !

Flat bag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree.
Last week I had Chol replacing Castagna in my team selection, but then Chol replaced Nank instead....(in my mind Nank was returning)
Wasn't paying enough attention this week, but any of Nank, Lambert, Parker should have displaced at least one of those two?
Instead, they dumped three youngsters: RCD, Dow, Naish.
I sort of get it, but I'd like us to rotate one of those youngsters into the team for a 2-3 block. Perhaps having Mansell and a new-to-team Parker was enough without "carrying" a midfield youngster as well.
Yep and now we lose mcintosh and dusty

shedda in for dusty
Naish?? in for macca

I just have sick feeling aarts and castagna are gonna survive again..

Geelong in geelong too… doesn’t get much tougher

Shoutout to Garth who really grew into the game and turned around a couple of early shaky handballs.
Really Garth just needs to concentrate on being a stopper, killing the ball with a defensive spoil like Josh Gibson's one wood. Might be similar to how Grimes began, negator who evolves into a complete defender. Keep it simple Garthy.

Yes and it was Aarts that delivered it on his chest with poise and composure

Aarts and Castagna are real low hanging fruit for the whipping boys.

I think Aarts is limited, but his season has been consistent, he is a reliable kick and he finds the footy on a flank when we need him.

Castagna does a power of work. One of the few forward pockets in the game that will continually present in the back pocket as an outlet. He is also limited, but he works and works and works.

Mansell looks like he could be a beauty.

Admittedly I had punched Chol’s time card. But tonight, to turn on that - particularly after a really poor QF last year against that very opponent - was poetic and reward for six weeks of tough football. He didn’t drift tonight, he got larger as the game wore on and that is a positive sign. A curling goal form 55 was obviously also quite a positive.

For me, Garthwaite is our biggest problem moving forward. He’s an honest goer, but he’s not an AFL full back.

I agree.
Last week I had Chol replacing Castagna in my team selection, but then Chol replaced Nank instead....(in my mind Nank was returning)
Wasn't paying enough attention this week, but any of Nank, Lambert, Parker should have displaced at least one of those two?
Instead, they dumped three youngsters: RCD, Dow, Naish.
I sort of get it, but I'd like us to rotate one of those youngsters into the team for a 2-3 block. Perhaps having Mansell and a new-to-team Parker was enough without "carrying" a midfield youngster as well.
Ross is pretty young...

I'll go the opposite and say CCJ. Younger, more likely as a forward (taking into account tonight, where Chol kicked 3 freak goals). I think he has more mongrel. I'm not sure Chol will ever click consistently. Having said that Chol does things that CCJ will never do. It might depend what we get offered in a trade for CCJ.... We really need to make sure we draft/trade a replacement for JR when he retires in 2026 ;)
Chol doesn’t have to click as number 1… he clearly will never have the tank or mongrel to beat the likes of Grundy, Nic nat etc…

But he can easily be the best number 2 ruck in the league!
He’s a great impact relief ruck and my god when he drifts forward he’s a weapon!!

Egg should replace McIntosh on the wing, been playing some really nice football on the wing in the VFL hitting leadIng forwards lace out on the chest, though it will be Titxh if he gets up.

Does Ross, RCD replace Martin or will it be Caddy against his old team.

If Astbury doesnt get up the only tall back not injured on the list is Biggy - a debut against the Cats forward line would be a baptism of fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back