• 40: Callum Coleman-Jones

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 45: Hugo Ralphsmith

• 49: Maurice Rioli Jnr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes dimma is a great coach but this year has proven in the last four or five years he had some great assistant coaches helping him win those premierships...
This year he has got us knocking on the door of finals again copping injuries to key players every bloody single week and then the goat of the comp out for the rest of the year.

We saw what Dimma can do after half time in the North game,tremendous coach.

Full marks to David King on The First Crack for calling out the journo for (a) misquoting Jonathan Brown and (b) asking Dimma a loaded question.

King reckons the journo owes both Brown and Dimma an apology for starting a conflict which is due entirely to the journo's misrepresentation of what Brown actually said. I reckon King is right.

Here's the video from YouTube -- jump to 2:10 in for King's comments.

Watching what King says later on in the video about how we set up to win the game,I bet you Hocking studied that and now can’t change the rules again to stop us but probably still rings his old pal Gil.

If he was still at AFL House,he would have made another rule change to stop what we did in the second half against North.

The game is corrupt when a league draws plans to stop a club in a style they are dominant at.

If you have to rely on other results around you to make it. You shouldn't be there. We have dropped two close games interstate and coughed up games we should have won. Missing this year would not be the worst thing ever. Gives banged up bodies a chance to heal and gives the players an extended break and an opportunity to learn the new rules that no doubt the afo will introduce in the off season.

Really enjoying watching Mansell, Stacks and Ralphsmith. All 200 plus gamers. MRJ is going to be exciting too. I know it was only norf, but that second half was some of the better football the side has played in 2021
Stacks is the new griggs

I have no problem with what Brown said, most of us on here wonder what is going on with Lynch and why he isn't up and around the ground more. Hardwick over reacted a bit, he is under a bit of pressure, but the mainstream media blew it up out of proportion like they have done with Richmond the last year or two. I guess it is the tall poppy syndrome.

Brown is right... But it's not Lynch's fault...

It's easier to see live (not that we have done that a lot recently), but Lynch often has opens F50, and is 1v1, with the ball a kick away...
BUT
Our team then hold up play to allow our defence to set up behind the ball...

In the 10 secs the mid with the ball has held it for, all the opp defence gets back, takes away space...
THEN
we bomb it in high on Lynchs head in a 1v2 contest...

It's why Dimma says it's just his job to bring it to ground, because thats what our game plan expects.

We would prefer multiple stoppages and repeat entries into a crowded fwd line so it is harder for the oppo to burn us the other way,
RATHER THAN
Kick it to the space and advantage of a fwd in a 1v1 but with chance the oppo can burn us on the turnover

Brown is right... But it's not Lynch's fault...

It's easier to see live (not that we have done that a lot recently), but Lynch often has opens F50, and is 1v1, with the ball a kick away...
BUT
Our team then hold up play to allow our defence to set up behind the ball...

In the 10 secs the mid with the ball has held it for, all the opp defence gets back, takes away space...
THEN
we bomb it in high on Lynchs head in a 1v2 contest...

It's why Dimma says it's just his job to bring it to ground, because thats what our game plan expects.

We would prefer multiple stoppages and repeat entries into a crowded fwd line so it is harder for the oppo to burn us the other way,
RATHER THAN
Kick it to the space and advantage of a fwd in a 1v1 but with chance the oppo can burn us on the turnover
Holy Hesus, all Brown said was Lynch, like any player not getting much of the ball, needs to get into the game more. No disagreement here. The gameplan is Dimmas. Second half of the Roos game saw us lower our eyes and hit targets at 30m, 40m out of goal. Easy peasy.
Be interesting to see which way we go from now on.

Full marks to David King on The First Crack for calling out the journo for (a) misquoting Jonathan Brown and (b) asking Dimma a loaded question.

King reckons the journo owes both Brown and Dimma an apology for starting a conflict which is due entirely to the journo's misrepresentation of what Brown actually said. I reckon King is right.

Here's the video from YouTube -- jump to 2:10 in for King's comments.

This is actually my favorite footy analysis show at the moment, it's least biased I find.
The analysis is great too, I like Montagna & King on this but sometimes when they appear on 360 I dont like them. I sense they have different agendas for both programs.
The 5:10 min mark is funny in the clip you provided, thanks :)

Holy Hesus, all Brown said was Lynch, like any player not getting much of the ball, needs to get into the game more. No disagreement here. The gameplan is Dimmas. Second half of the Roos game saw us lower our eyes and hit targets at 30m, 40m out of goal. Easy peasy.
Be interesting to see which way we go from now on.
Forwards leading to the ball, what do you think this is, the 80's.

If there's one thing that frustrates me as a viewer this year, it's watching us get smashed in centre clearances week in week out. It's been the same pattern every week and isn't bloody rocket science. Every game that we've been down by 5 goals has been due to getting smashed in clearances.

Hard to watch, innit.

I reckon we'd be last in the comp for goals from centre bounce since the bye. Good teams just don't give up 5 goals from centre bounce. We did. Against North. With Cunnington out. And our first choice of ruck available.

Used to be that we lost clearances on the stats sheet, but their "clearances" were blast kicks from the back of a pack, or at worst, a sideways chip out to their winger. Now, players like Jy Simpkin and Luke Dunstan walk through the defensive sweeper and deliver it lace out to their forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back