• 37: Matthew Parker

• 40: Callum Coleman-Jones

• 41: Mabior Chol

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 46: Ben Miller

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Today’s game symbolic of much of this year. Atrocious umpiring again, chains of goals against us, inability to score goals in the first half, poor coordination between the midfield and forwards as well as some glimpses of good football.
The result was overshadowed by Astbury and Houli’s retirement, both humble and valuable servants of this club. Both can be proud of their achievements.

I doubt I'll ever write this again, but I was actually hoping for a draw going into the game, really fitting end as none involved deserved to go out with a loss.

Astbury finished off with a classic Astbury game, seldom beaten and won far more contests than his opponents. We'll miss him greatly and that was real tear-jerker material when he got emotional in that final interview talking about how much he loved Bach.

Thanks for being the champion Richmond men you both are, legends. :richmond:

From one end of the list to the opposite, Miller did a lot right in what was an impressive debut. Competed well in the air, some quality disposals both in space and in close where he showed good composure, lots to like about the performance.

Enjoyed Dimma's decision to see what the least proven midfield brigade could manage today against arguably the weakest midfield in the comp, thought they acquitted themselves well.

CCJ was solid in his first appearance as a genuine first ruck, copped a statistical beating in the hitouts, but he competed well and there was certainly enough in his game to go on with, had some good moments in the kind of game you'd expect and hope for from a kid of his age/experience. Showed some pleasing athleticism, he's got an awkward running style that screams 'future dinosaur' at face value, but in reality he lacks no run for his role, once he's worked up to full speed he's actually fast for a man his size.

Was equally pleased with Marbs' effort from very limited game time, obviously we wanted to give CCJ a good run in the ruck so he spent a long time on the bench, but had some good hitouts to advantage, some good forward moments and that clearance and pass to Chaos King was a glimpse of the kind of level he can get to given time.

I'll be disappointed if we lose either young big man and really hope we find a way to keep both.

Ross and RCD both had very solid first halves, Ross' contested work and tackling was good, won some clearances where his opponent effectively left him alone in space he would rarely get, but a creditable performance all things considered. Really looking forward to where another pre-season can take RCD, I have high hopes for him becoming a clearance machine once he's got a full game tank. Promising signs from Dow and Martyn, both coming along quite well, two more that I'll look forward to seeing where they're at after pre-season.

Lynch worked hard all day, one of his better games for the year, Jack the Magician reminded everyone why you never write a champion off, literally pulling the game out of the fire in the last two minutes with two freakish moments. Bolton gave us his usual class, real presence in the air and his evasion at ground level is truly elite, that 35m left foot pass around his body to Lynch after bamboozling every opponent in sight was just sublime.

Stack took us back to his early days up forward with some classy moments, I'm sure that last quarter will once again have Hardwick in two minds as to where he's best played. Thought perennial whipping boy Aarts deserved a pat on the back for his late game cameos, would have been a loss without the great pass to Stack and winning that last clearance by attacking the contest with everything he had.

Defense all solid, Short worked his tail off and has had a good finish to the year after a down season overall, great last quarter from Graham.

Well, that's 2021 done and dusted and I'm sure I'm not alone in being glad to see the back of it! ;)

The endless injuries again led us to some good finds to go on with, plenty to look forward to from the younger half of the list. I have no doubt at all that we'll be back among the contenders next year after a good rest, regroup, some new faces for the next stage of the journey and our first full pre-season in nearly half a decade.

We'll be hungry to prove a point and have so much less pressure on our shoulders, back to risking head and shin with a grin again.

No Mad Monday, sadly, but enjoy the break boys, you've well and truly earned it. :thumbsu::richmond:

JR8 went out of his way to grab a ball so Silk could have one after Astbury was given the ball that was in use at the time.
Also grabbed one for Bachar.
Richmond man.

Today’s game symbolic of much of this year. Atrocious umpiring again, chains of goals against us, inability to score goals in the first half, poor coordination between the midfield and forwards as well as some glimpses of good football.
The result was overshadowed by Astbury and Houli’s retirement, both humble and valuable servants of this club. Both can be proud of their achievements.
Hawks board melting over the umpiring.
Sometimes you just need to be a neutral to assess the umpiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks board melting over the umpiring.
Sometimes you just need to be a neutral to assess the umpiring.
Fmd The got a couple soft 50m goals , Vlas had his head ripped off in marking contest for that early goal out the back , they got a good run don’t you worry about that

Fmd The got a couple soft 50m goals , Vlas had his head ripped off in marking contest for that early goal out the back , they got a good run don’t you worry about that
Went both ways

Back