• 37: Matthew Parker

• 40: Callum Coleman-Jones

• 41: Mabior Chol

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 46: Ben Miller

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

And of course the ridiculousness that was JR8's soccer goal to tie the game.

Aarts I50 to Frost dropped mark, bounced off Baker's leg, touched by Hardwick over to JGTI falling-punch-up to Lynch who's handball goes to ground and JR8 swings his leg around to soccer off the ground all while off balance for a goal to tie the match

If anybody would like to check out rest of the GIFs for this game, they're from this post->
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/richmond-gifs.1047662/post-71758381

Chol was brilliant in this play, unfortunately Castagna couldn't finish it off haha
Jeeze, it's plays like this that make it awfully difficult to think about Chol leaving this off-season. Seems silly to say because he is already 24, but he is still only scratching at the surface of his playing abilities.

Chol was brilliant in this play, unfortunately Castagna couldn't finish it off haha

its this sort of play that makes me think WOW about Chol…sublime…his highlights reel this year would be pretty good

…but he has very lean patches….needs consistency of effort and involvement in the game

let’s see what the club decides

Aarts I50 to Frost dropped mark, bounced off Baker's leg, touched by Hardwick over to JGTI falling-punch-up to Lynch who's handball goes to ground and JR8 swings his leg around to soccer off the ground all while off balance for a goal to tie the match

If anybody would like to check out rest of the GIFs for this game, they're from this post->

Stacks presence of mind to keep the ball alive (by punching it in the air towards Jack) and not drag it in

its this sort of play that makes me think WOW about Chol…sublime…his highlights reel this year would be pretty good

…but he has very lean patches….needs consistency of effort and involvement in the game

let’s see what the club decides

we’re told big blokes take longer. Ok. He’s definitely showing patches. He needs to fix two things IMO. Consistency and contested marking. He’s either going to be a key piece for us or a nice to have somewhere else. It’s up to him. If he leaves we know where he thinks his game is at.

Totally scripted ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HTF they miss the graham high contact , it floored him , umpires as weak as piss late in game , never have the balls to blow the whistle

JR looks cooked...

I know he kicked the last 2 to tie it for us... But for the vast majority of the game he looked slow, tired, and so out of touch.

Personally if he plays next year, it has to be a bit like Mumford IMO, play one or two, then miss one or two.

His biggest advantage has been his athleticism and agility, they looked gone the last 4 weeks, if he loses those, he's done unfortunately

we’re told big blokes take longer. Ok. He’s definitely showing patches. He needs to fix two things IMO. Consistency and contested marking. He’s either going to be a key piece for us or a nice to have somewhere else. It’s up to him. If he leaves we know where he thinks his game is at.

totally agree…Chols consistency is an area he really needs to work on…

Interestingly, when he is in the guts, he competes well and takes the game on (
I reckon his highlights package willl mostly be when he is on the ball)
…but solo at FF often sees him zone out…and get out marked

He might be ok offensively in the ruck, liability though defensively

JR looks cooked...

I know he kicked the last 2 to tie it for us... But for the vast majority of the game he looked slow, tired, and so out of touch.

Personally if he plays next year, it has to be a bit like Mumford IMO, play one or two, then miss one or two.

His biggest advantage has been his athleticism and agility, they looked gone the last 4 weeks, if he loses those, he's done unfortunately
ive felt that way at times but when a bloke kicks 53 for the year , he's kicked 53 for the year, if the king boys kicked that , the fans would be wetting themselves. anyone that can kick 53G , yea ive said it again must be of some use ,,,surely

JR looks cooked...

Been a long, hard campaign at the top - especially for our older men with young families and the Covid complications.
I'm backing Jack to look a lot fresher next year and go out on a high note.
Btw, pretty sure that it's Jack's footy smarts that sets him apart from the pack, not his agility and athleticism.

Been a long, hard campaign at the top - especially for our older men with young families and the Covid complications.
I'm backing Jack to look a lot fresher next year and go out on a high note.
Btw, pretty sure that it's Jack's footy smarts that sets him apart from the pack, not his agility and athleticism.
I reckon he needs to be the third tall next year so there is not so much defensive pressure on him. He can't do what he used to, climb over backmen to get to the ball, lost his spring, so he has to play smart. A bit like Caddy did in 2018. Even Castagna one year took the second most marks inside 50 of any of our forwards because the ball wasn't directed to him, he just used a bit of footy smarts...... yes Castanga, how else did it happen, fell in his lap... come at me.

Unfortunately Chol 's inconsistency is due to his pea heart motor. Won't eventuate to anything unless he can build this. He's been in the system for five seasons now and at 24yo he should have developed a tank by now. He's very talented, but when fatigue sets in he looks clumsy.

Back