• 37: Matthew Parker

• 40: Callum Coleman-Jones

• 41: Mabior Chol

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 46: Ben Miller

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Been a long, hard campaign at the top - especially for our older men with young families and the Covid complications.
I'm backing Jack to look a lot fresher next year and go out on a high note.
Btw, pretty sure that it's Jack's footy smarts that sets him apart from the pack, not his agility and athleticism.
I agree he has high footy IQ, but it also means nothing if you don't have the physical capabilities to make use of it.

Jack has never been a stand and deliver forward, a genuine strength/power forward.
Hes played that role, even though not suited to it.

Yes he's had the smarts to make it work, but quite often, his best work is done at ground level for a big man, and it's because athletically he can do things other big men can't.

The issue I have, is that he's looked for a period for each of the last 3 years, that period is getting longer and longer each season, and he's not getting any younger, so I'm not sure the longer rest is going to stop or slow that down as much as we'd like unfortunately.

I agree he has high footy IQ, but it also means nothing if you don't have the physical capabilities to make use of it.

Jack has never been a stand and deliver forward, a genuine strength/power forward.
Hes played that role, even though not suited to it.

Yes he's had the smarts to make it work, but quite often, his best work is done at ground level for a big man, and it's because athletically he can do things other big men can't.

The issue I have, is that he's looked for a period for each of the last 3 years, that period is getting longer and longer each season, and he's not getting any younger, so I'm not sure the longer rest is going to stop or slow that down as much as we'd like unfortunately.

Yes, there's something in what you're saying.
But given the wearing effects of the last four seasons, it's hard to say how much his physical capabilities have been damaged long term.
A refreshed Jack might have enough Tiger in the Tank left for another big leap or two.

Yes, there's something in what you're saying.
But given the wearing effects of the last four seasons, it's hard to say how much his physical capabilities have been damaged long term.
A refreshed Jack might have enough Tiger in the Tank left for another big leap or two.
I either stated in here or another thread...
To get the best out of him, we have to manage him like GWS managed Mummy...
Something like play two games, miss one...

Tell CCJ he's permanent FF
Lynch back to the mobile CHF role
Jack, when he plays, play third forward role
And potentially Cumberland plays the weeks jack doesn't, gives him 7-9 games crack at it next year

I either stated in here or another thread...
To get the best out of him, we have to manage him like GWS managed Mummy...
Something like play two games, miss one...

Tell CCJ he's permanent FF
Lynch back to the mobile CHF role
Jack, when he plays, play third forward role
And potentially Cumberland plays the weeks jack doesn't, gives him 7-9 games crack at it next year
And potentially on that last bit, Noah may just burn it up, and JR sits on the sidelines like Nathan Jones at Melbourne...

To Melbourne's credit, half the reason their season is going well is they had the balls to call it on N Jones...
We couldn't do it with Newman and it cost us in his last year, but potentially his second last as well.

Even Carlton carrying Murph to 300, what message does it send. Our selection committee will pick a bloke every week just to get him to 300 even though his form doesn't warrant it. Kids who should be getting a game and learning miss out. TBH even Eddie Betts last year and this year probably didn't deserve a gg there weekly either.

There's a fine line with respecting the players who have given everything to the club and showing your playing list you will treat them well and look after them, but at what cost, to set an environment that tells you you ay get rewarded (or not) irrelevant of form.

And then why does that always fall back on the club? You haven't heard a peep out of N Jones about it all year really... Every second week Murphy was talking about how he thinks he "Deserves" to get to 300, and Carlton should respect what he's given them. It just shows the selfish and individual first attitude at Carlton, compared to better performing clubs.

Even with us, Bachar wanted to go on, then 4 days later humbly accepted the decision and retired gracefully, and if you take his speech as anything to go by, no hard feelings at all.

And I would hope JR would be the same, yes he has a contract next year, yes he may get first crack at it in a lesser role in the 22, but if a young once goes past him, I would hope he would just cop that on the chin and support that player and the club.

Unfortunately Chol 's inconsistency is due to his pea heart motor. Won't eventuate to anything unless he can build this. He's been in the system for five seasons now and at 24yo he should have developed a tank by now. He's very talented, but when fatigue sets in he looks clumsy.

He’s good for 10 mins of the best ruckwork of anyone in the game. But the rest of it half efforts and hands on hips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back