• 41: Mabior Chol

• 43: Derek Eggmolesse-Smith

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a four day rest including travel and Cotch managed so I wasn't expecting miracles.
They book-ended with four and three goals.
That said, front runners never go on to win the trophy, indicated by the past five years.
Was surprised Higgins was omitted.
Maybe omit Egg, Caddy, not sure yet.
Nine days out, so it's plenty of time to assess the team.

It’s honestly at the point where I don’t watch football shows or read too many articles. It’s just painful to hear the myriad of ridiculous claims.

have barely watched footy shows since we won the flag in 2017

has been a very good choice

modern media is horrible in general, especially social or mainstream media. its a chore to seek out half decent journalists these days

The media reckon jack will get rubbed out for incident on Jonas now I looked at it and there was nothing in it jack flung his arm out and accidentally got him no malice in it this media has a set agenda on Richmond

lol he was just trying to move his arm up . Media are ******* scabs.

I reckon we persevere with Rioli and maybe give George a spell? Really gotta get Graham back in, look he's no Ollie Wines but he moves better than Ross and I prefer him. Let's hope to god Vlastuin isn't missing time, especially not 6 weeks. That's season over almost with another condensed fixture maybe to come.
Play Caddy forward or not at all.

In: Cotchin, Graham, Higgins, Houli, Nankervis
Out: Egg, Ross, Stack, George, Soldo

Vlastuin, Balta, Broad
Houli, Grimes, Short
McIntosh, Cotchin, Lambert
Caddy, Riewoldt, Bolton
Rioli, Lynch, Higgins
Nankervis, Martin, Graham
Chol, Pickett, Baker, Aarts

I reckon we'll need Rioli against Essendon, need that speed to chase down Saad.

Last edited:
Tonight we saw Balta beaten by a more seasoned forward, he's been excellent and I think he will stay in the team but Astbury's experience was needed.

Wouldn't have hurt us much without their midfield obliterating ours, he ended up with two and one was on Grimes, so he still didn't end up hurting us much, gave us some badly needed opportunities to score from the back half. ;)

I doubt Astbury would have made a lot of difference beyond a couple of frees you could chalk up to inexperience.

Next up which was a massive gripe of mine tonight was playing Caddy in the middle to little impact. It astounds me how coaches these days will take a natural forward, all australian squad member in Josh out of the forward half and chuck him across the wing and into the midfield. I know we are devoid of options but this guy is a goal kicking forward. A smart half forward who can pinch hit in the middle. We have butchered him the past 2 seasons playing him in a role that doesn't suit. I understand we can't go too tall up forward but Cads needs to be spending at least 50/50 time forward and midfield if we're gettting the best out of him. Right now we are not.

Caddy can struggle in these red hot, fast games, he just hasn't got the pace to play as a defensive small forward or outside midfielder in those type of contests. We would have been hoping for some in and under stuff from him I suspect.

Unpopular as the opinion may be, a lot of weeks we'd probably do better with him playing Lynch's role, he's just as likely to take a grab, a more reliable shot and more competitive at ground level or contesting 1:1, he's a difficult 'in-between' sized match-up.

I like Tom and I'm not knocking the trade, but in terms of output I don't think he's beating Caddy's best and Caddy has been unlucky to lose his ideal position to a bloke on 2.5-3X his wage.

Contrary to many I thought Dan Rioli was a lot better then previous games, talent doesn't go away. He's still got plenty to offer us - made a few blunders but feel will get there.

Had a respectable game, much better 2nd half to 1st, his pace, kicking and evasion is still well down on his best. I've been starting to wonder if we've 'Cotchined' him with the workload, the magic and class has perhaps been slowly flogged out of him? Having said that, there's no such thing as a professional forward pocket anymore, they cover the miles midfielders used to.

As I've said before, really hasn't been the same player since the GF foot injury, there's a chance it's still an issue, IMO.

LOL Not one commentator has mentioned us having 7 premiership players out of our side today, unbelievable . If it were any other team they would have mentioned it.
Eddie too busy screaming for in the back for anything else. Bet he was doing the arm signal for it too

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we persevere with Rioli and maybe give George a spell? Really gotta get Graham back in, look he's no Ollie Wines but he moves better than Ross and I prefer him. Let's hope to god Vlastuin isn't missing time, especially not 6 weeks. That's season over almost with another condensed fixture maybe to come.

Vlastuin, Balta, Broad
Houli, Grimes, Short
Caddy, Riewoldt, Bolton
Rioli, Lynch, Higgins

Suns next week ... then Essendon

Vlastuin, Balta, Broad
Houli, Grimes, Short
Caddy, Riewoldt, Bolton
Rioli, Lynch, Higgins

Any word on what injury vlastuin has done?

I've wanted to avoid posting, but I just saw the replay of the free kick against Dusty that led to the double 50.

Can I get a straight answer here...

In what ******* universe is that holding the ball?!

He picked it up, he was immediately double tackled with not even an ounce of prior, the ball was knocked out in the tackle.

Which part of that is holding the ball? Which bloody part?

11 frees for a whole game. Seriously that is some one sided bullshit right there. Despite Port playing better, what can you do against that?
Double standards all match. Horrendous umpiring... some went our way but 8-0 first quarter set the tone. Imagine if O'Gormon was there.

Great game!
Not happy with the result but we were outplayed everywhere
Once missing cavlry joins we’ll get them all
Ok now the fun stuff
Egg- see u in 2021
Castanga- no skill at all, if he cant work hard should not be playing afl
Caddy- turn it up
Ross - u will miss another flag if u play like tonight
Rioli- did enuff in the end but needs to play 4 qtrs

Congrats to Port they played a great game, however I came away thinking we had a lot of upside and cant wait for our next match.

From a playing perspective, it was a bit strange, we had a lot of players who looked great at certain times and then went missing, or players who looked totally s**t but then looked better later on.

Early on I thought Bolton, Martin were stand outs, but I felt they sort of drifted after that.
Pickett did some really nice things but just not enough but when he had the ball it looked great
Aarts was our best small forward IMO
Chol had his moments and got us right back into the match
Ross was solid but didn't have a big impact on the game but it was definitely an improvement 66% total game time.
Riewoldt I thought competed well and did what he could at times
McIntosh was one of his better games, he just runs hard had a big impact

Lambert, Port targeted him today really clamped down on him and he struggled, but it happens no big deal
Balta learnt a lot today against playing on a big key forward, made some blunders in the last but again this game will make him a better player in the future
Vlastuin I thought he was one of our better back men today, tried hard but had to play tall today, we missed Astbury.

Rioli- god he was making me fume in the first half, so many half hearted efforts, he play half scared but then in the 3rd quarter he turned it on and gave us a look at why he gets selected, shame the last quarter was played mainly in the Port forward line.

The Bad
Eggy - damn boy got found out today, boys v men and he s**t himself, showed he still has a lot of development to go
Castagna what's happened to George? FFS cant pick up a ball to save himself had no impact at all
Caddy - I'm not talking about the 50 meters, but he just looks damn slow, is he unfit? carrying an injury?? i know he isnt the quickest but he struggled a lot
Stack - just couldn't get involved today, kind of spewing because he made good in roads and compare this game to last years match against Port and its a different player atm

On to next week, Cotchin and Houli back - can't wait.

Go Tiges

Have posted this on the Port board - not to troll - I genuinely want to see what they think of this. I'm sick of this being swept under the rug but something tells me I'm about to be bombarded with spiteful responses.

Just because your player does it, doesn't mean you need to defend it.

And he got a free for staging :mad: Robbie Grey also staged, threw himself forward to initiate in the back, luckily the ump didn't fall for it.
Dickhead Eddie Macguire all game was shouting out frees that port should've got. Funny that not once he did the same for us. He did this too when we played saints, it was sickening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back