• 41: Mabior Chol

• 43: Derek Eggmolesse-Smith

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashed in the mid feild and balta and grimes under too much pressure. fix it. graham would be a better choice as ross was ineffective. down the road we need an inside bull who can also roam wide. Balta. Did well considereing our mid was really just bolton a midget. did not plan for this properly. caddy a poor choice as he was underdone and ineffective and is not and never will be a mid. higgins out hurt us. castanga is a naughty word starting with something. we need to trade out rioli, I have never seen a player lose so much like him. he is cooked. egg shites himself.

If that was the best Port had, we'll cover them in finals. Their pressure was absolutely extraordinary in the first half and yet we gave them 4 goal starts twice and reeled them in. We were smashed out of the middle, smashed at the contest, undersized down back opposed to Dixon and Ladhams, yet still we held strong for all but the first 3 minutes of the last quarter. Throw a starting premiership midfield in there, take out Egg's 3 goal-costing mistakes and we just win - regardless of venue. The umps weren't great but we were the beneficiaries of that at times. What ultimately cost us was poor discipline and the fact we had 3 up at times defensively when we only needed 2. Left dangerous guys on the ground unattended.

Other notes:
Rioli was much better playing higher and a bit more uncontested. Like Stack his touch isn't quite there at the moment - needs confidence.
Lambert was well-tagged out of it. Need more from a senior player.
Discipline has been an issue all year - Ultimately the worst offenders have been Dusty, JR, Lynch and obviously yesterday it was Caddy. Expect better from senior guys
Centre setup - yesterday was as bad as I've ever seen it.
Getting forward 50 stoppages - poor most of the year. (better last couple of weeks though). The impact of having Rioli, Castagna out of form and Bolton having to be in the mids means that when the ball comes to ground, it seems to be Aartz providing pressure or it just comes out. Will be something to watch when players return.

Outs: Egg (not yet ready for that intensity - hasn't gone hard enough in the air or ground for a couple of weeks), Castagna (love him but just no impact yesterday).

Ins: Cotch and Houli. Hanging out for Astbury to return. Him and Balta as the key posts with Grimes taking the dangerous small or being a 3rd man up... Then Vlastuin/Broad helping out.

View attachment 931118

Th maggots had port 8-0 free kicks in the first quarter lol
I’d love it if Richmond has 22-11 free kicks just so I can say “the free kick count doesn’t matter” or “free kicks don’t always have to be equal” too.

I’m saving that line for the next time we have a positive differential of above 10. Well, whenever that is considering that Round 12 of 2015 against West Coast was the last time we had a free kick differential of above +10, with Hawthorn in Round 7 of 2016 being +10 exactly (29-19). The umpiring for us is probably the worst at AO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Cotchin
Out: Caddy

Only change for me, if they bring Higgo back against Gold Coast they’ll probably drop Rioli or George (I hope they drop George, at least Rioli had a good third quarter which is more than I can say for George), will Houli be ready to play on Monday week?
Really bad night for George, but you generally can’t question his competitiveness, Rioli on the other hand has looked disinterested at times. Remember one point last night he was more interested in making out how badly injured he was then realised he was still in the contest and played on like he was 100%. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Castagna carry on like that.

Really bad night for George, but you generally can’t question his competitiveness, Rioli on the other hand has looked disinterested at times. Remember one point last night he was more interested in making out how badly injured he was then realised he was still in the contest and played on like he was 100%. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Castagna carry on like that.
Was that just before half time? The guy got hit in the guts, it generally takes a few minutes for someone to get over that. Seriously people are just looking for excuses now. Move on, there were other players that deserve ire more then Rioli last night.

Probably the least annoyed I've been after a loss ever. Condensed schedule, 4 days break, 1/3 of our team out including some very important players.Limited players like Egg who are not up to it will be replaced very shortly when we get healthy. Move on to the next game.

If you read some of the Port posts you think they won a GF lol. We will flog them come finals.
Eggs not up to it at the moment. Has looked ok at times, so not going to say he can’t make it yet.
Great learning night for some of the younger guys, finals like game and a few of them were shown up.
Balta can be great for us but was given a lesson last night and will be educated when they go over his tape on how to play better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back