Votes: 17 7.6%
  • Jack Higgins

Votes: 21 9.4%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 26 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In seriousness 8 changes in round too imo is excessive. You need consistency and 8 changes with most unforced screams a team that is giving up.
I can easily justify making 6 changes this week after that pathetic performance in a game that should have been a 'Revenge' game for this club

Weller , Markov , Castagna , Butler were all terrible and deserve to be dropped on that performance
Jack injured and Grimes brain fart

I can easily justify making 6 changes this week after that pathetic performance in a game that should have been a 'Revenge' game for this club

Weller , Markov , Castagna , Butler were all terrible and deserve to be dropped on that performance
Castanga and Markov have played one game each this year, Butler and Weller two (I recognise there has only been 2 games but neither were in the side in the PF). Whilst they have all been poor I think the only one losing their spot is Weller with the injury complaint.

selection was poor last week, and with jack going down and grimes suspended, makes this week very hard to navigate. dimma has snookered himself. next week will be even harder.

trying to get in their minds, i think markov is staying until houli comes back. they will give garth another week in the 2s to overcome the achilles soreness and the corky. i think they are forced to rush in caddy for jack, they did the same with george. balta comes straight back up, should never have been dropped. weller and butler have to come out, but they won’t drop both with jack now gone, so the list clogger will get the arse and bolton will come in. and dimma will stick with his favourite ellis. conservative and low risk. revert back to our old forward structure, back them and the midfield to up their pressure game, protect the decimated back 6 and hope our defensive systems hold without rance, grimes and houli.

out: riewoldt, grimes, weller
in: caddy, balta, bolton

In: Stack, RCD, Ross, Soldo, Balta, The Egg, Naish, CCJ, Miller, Turner, English, Moore, Aarts, Chol, Garthwaite & Baker
Out: Grimes, Reiwoldt and 14 others.

LET'S GO THE WHOLE HOG!!
retain
lunch, kmac, cotch, shed, floss, nank.......i approve

Yes they could be justified won’t happen though , wtf would do that at r3 when your 1-1 .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd move him to wing. And Kmac back. Kmac looks better defensively. Having said that we may as well play Markov now. He needs another 2 or 3 games. He clunked 1 good mark, but other than that looked way off the pace. We are unlikely to win this one anyhow

Same page TTT. Though I would say all games are winable, I accept this one will be tough. There are plenty of doable things that will get us close and then anything is possible. Markov is capable of breakout game, given time and space he might not be far off. There are bigger issues in our team list right now anyway.

Last edited:
Any possibility we bring soldo in? 70% ruck 30% bench
Play nank forward. 30%ruck 70% forward

Side could be

Broad astbury short
Ellis Balta vlastuin
Mcintosh Martin Lambert
Rioli lynch butler
Castagna nank caddy
Soldo Cotchin Prestia
Edwards graham Higgins Ross

Ins caddy soldo Balta ross
Outs Riewoldt grimes Weller Markov

Team looks strong or is the forward line now to tall? Think Garth has another week in the twos with that calf. Balta by all reports played well in the backline so he should come in.

Houli and grimes back in next week. Midfield won’t be bullied with Martin graham and Ross running through there all big boys. Graham to tag coniglio! Should be competative

Think I like this more then cal Moore coming in. As much as I like him.

And maybe big Mummy will be playing. Will Soldo play?

Excluding the 2017 Prelim, both H&A games that year Soldo played with Nank when Mummy did. Mummy didn't play last year and Soldo also didn't get a gig in that GWS game.
Nank is too important to have that oversized dirty gorilla smashing into him, and he'll snap Balta in half at the center bounce.that

Yep, not a fan of Soldo, but this is his sort of game, monster up with a monster...... The match committee are not inspiring me much this season yet.

Caro on footy classified said our decline started last 6 weeks of 2018 she is spot on, but the thing is watching our games none of those problems have been rectified clearances, first hand on the footy, our pressure and tackling etc.Teams were clearly working us out yet we look like stuck on our 2017 game plan we don't counter it or have added other strings to our game plan and most importantly we don't execute it now.This with another gun key forward coming into the club who we thought would give us another dimension and the new rule changes.By all means players are responsible,but from what I have seen not happy with coaching group this year.

Af
Doesn't matter, young Hoos! Haven't you heard? Our era has FINISHED and we need to start again.
agree, it’s been one crazy overreaction to one bad loss and injury to two of our guns!
And we are having to adjust to the new rules. While I agree last Thursday nights loss was pretty horrendous, I have faith we will hit a strong patch of form soon. Could be this week? Could be 3-4 weeks away but we ARE a good side, just need some players to find form

We need to bat deeper in the midfield we're relying
On too few to get the job done cotch and dusty cant do it all. Hard to defend when the opposition
Is racking it up in the centre .
I didn’t think they racked it up in the Centre from where I was watching. They just got it at half back retained possession and slaughtered us on the spread. The number of times they had 2,3,4 options free upfield on Thursday night was ridiculous. Bit of work to do on that Dimma, go one on one or counter the opposition retaining possession

We need to bat deeper in the midfield we're relying
On too few to get the job done cotch and dusty cant do it all. Hard to defend when the opposition
Is racking it up in the centre .

We drafted to fix this problem. Good chance we’ll see Ross in this week. Bring in Balta too and our midfield suddenly looks a lot bigger. Balta is a ruck and midfielder in one. He charges forward at centre bounces and gets the ball in our half. He’ll get a few clearances on his own. We need to defend kick ins. Our pressure from kick ins was terrible last week

Caro on footy classified said our decline started last 6 weeks of 2018 she is spot on, but the thing is watching our games none of those problems have been rectified clearances, first hand on the footy, our pressure and tackling etc.Teams were clearly working us out yet we look like stuck on our 2017 game plan we don't counter it or have added other strings to our game plan and most importantly we don't execute it now.This with another gun key forward coming into the club who we thought would give us another dimension and the new rule changes.By all means players are responsible,but from what I have seen not happy with coaching group this year.

Think there’s a correlation to team balance - quite a few posters were hounding on about how we didn’t have enough ball winners in the team and too many outside blokes and HBFs from about that period until now. Still looks to be the issue imo.

Think there’s a correlation to team balance - quite a few posters were hounding on about how we didn’t have enough ball winners in the team and too many outside blokes and HBFs from about that period until now. Still looks to be the issue imo.

Yeah our midfield is a issue no doubt.We see the big names there and think it's super, but the other players of late not having the same impact at all.Winning the ball clearances and even pressure and tackling.

Back