Autopsy Roast & Toast Round 23 vs Brisbane, changes for Qualifying Final vs Brisbane

who was in the best for the Tigers vs Brisbane

• David Astbury

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • Dylan Grimes

Votes: 83 30.5%
  • Bachar Houli

Votes: 109 40.1%
  • Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 244 89.7%
  • Jayden Short

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Dion Prestia

Votes: 192 70.6%
  • Josh Caddy

Votes: 33 12.1%
  • Daniel Rioli

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • Trent Cotchin

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Kane Lambert

Votes: 22 8.1%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Tom Lynch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Riewoldt

Votes: 129 47.4%
  • Ivan Soldo

Votes: 58 21.3%
  • Shane Edwards

Votes: 33 12.1%
  • Dustin Martin

Votes: 209 76.8%
  • Jason Castagna

• Liam Baker

Votes: 67 24.6%
  • Jack Graham

• Noah Balta

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching The Fighting Fury doco on Kayo,all the memories flooding back,the trip to watch us beat Port then the demoralising loss to the Saints,also those close losses to Freo,GWS and the Swans.

Townsend ripping Freo a new one and becoming a Tiger hero.

Dusty Martin ripping the league a new one.

The morals and attributes our captain instilled in all the players.

Rance,defensive superstar.

The biggest and greatest fanbase in the league,the mighty Tiger Army ripping the MCG walls a new one.

Our magnificent coach and our staff who we all trusted and voted in after a near takeover,we had the faith and got repaid.

Watch it if you can before heading off on the plane to Brisbane,feel like ripping paint off the Gabba walls this Satdy night.

Go down to a Richmond pub or the social,we are all in this together,Richmond as one!

Carna Mighty Tigers!

That was good advice.

Also loved Rance and Reiwoldt talking about the Geelong QF in 2017, talking about how they loved everyone talking up the Cats and hoodoo and the whinging about the MCG, reminds a bit of GABBA is a different ball game and Grimes holdings Cameron. ;)

God all this talk about weather and slippery ground/ball going to benefit the lions, yeah because our recent games have been fine and with a dry ball...
Everything's going to benefit the Lions. Because.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is inane

First topic on afl 360 is Robbo telling the lions to talk to the afl about grimes holding onto Charlie Cameron!
“Plant the seed in the umpires mind”

Fu..ck me this is gone too far! An absolute presidential campaign against the Richmond tigers!! This is full respect to us imo! Everyone is s**t scared and so they should be!

As far as Charlie training wheels whining Cameron!! I swear if he wasn’t aboriginal he would be the son Chris the flog Scott!

Shut em right up tigers!!🐯
I've put myself on a media ban for shows like 360. Even reading posts like this makes me mad. I really hope the tiger's shove it up everyone's ass so that they are left with nothing to do but kiss that hairy ass

I've put myself on a media ban for shows like 360. Even reading posts like this makes me mad. I really hope the tiger's shove it up everyone's ass so that they are left with nothing to do but kiss that hairy ass
Fair enough too... seriously pissed me off
Loved dimmas response to a flog journos question about it..
Just told Charlie to ask how Tom and jack deal with it every week...
Basically said stop whinging and get use to it you salty Chris Scott relative

Lol are the media, Charlie Cameron and the Brisbane Lions really still going on about the whole holding thing?

Anyone would think they don’t actually think they can win without umpire interference. They’re just embarrassing themselves now.

You’d think the way the media, Cameron and the Brion’s are going on about this it’d be a big boost in confidence for the Richmond boys.

Game hasn’t even started and the the Brions and AFL media are already shitting themselves.

I hope the Richmond boys show the Brions what September is really like this weekend.

I still expect very loud Boo Hoo’s whenever Charlie boy get’s the ball this weekend tiger army that’s travelling north.

Richmond ruck Toby Nankervis firms for finals recall against Brisbane
Much has been made of Richmond’s tactics towards Charlie Cameron. But if the Lion has a problem, Damien Hardwick says he should talk to some Tiger forwards about the treatment they cop.

Richmond is plotting a two-pronged ruck assault on the Lions as Toby Nankervis firms for a finals recall.

The tall — who has battled an adductor issue this season and played just one AFL game since Round 8 — proved the hero in the Tigers’ come from behind VFL win on Saturday, booting the winning goal and notching 33 hit-outs.

Young ruck Ivan Soldo has starred in recent weeks meaning a dilemma for coach Damien Hardwick, who said the team was edging toward playing both talls in Saturday night’s qualifying final against Brisbane.

Nankervis’ recovery had been a hurdle to his senior selection in recent weeks but Hardwick said he had “probably” done enough to play this weekend.

“He’s certainly put his hand up for selection,” Hardwick said.

“He’s pulled up reasonably well today, so that’s exciting for us. He’ll train a little bit (Tuesday) and then have a big session on Thursday and then we’ll probably be able to make a more calculated call.

“We’re keen to welcome him back and provided he gets through training he’ll be available to play, which is exciting for us.”

Soldo and Nankervis have paired in the ruck on just six previous occasions, the most recent in Round 21, 2017 — 752 days ago.

“We’re probably going to go down the two-ruck path, so (Nankervis will) play as first or second ruck and only play that amount of time (the 68 per cent of the game he played in the VFL),” Hardwick said.

“That’ll give him every opportunity to build on from there.

Dion Prestia turns a training pole into a javelin in the Tigers’ lighthearted session on Monday. Picture: AAP Image

Dion Prestia turns a training pole into a javelin in the Tigers’ lighthearted session on Monday. Picture: AAP Image

“I think Ivan’s been terrific. He had a slow first quarter last week, but the back end of his last three quarters was outstanding. He’s just improved every week.

“From where he’s come from, about four or five years ago, basically walking off the street to try out (for Category B rookie status), he’s been incredible.

“He’s got better and better every game, he’s still learning, but we’re happy with what he’s been putting out on the park.

“We’re in a pretty good position with our ruck depth at present.”

He also said that Noah Balta would be considered.

Hardwick said he would back his team’s “system-based” approach to quell Lions ballwinner Lachie Neale, and declared defender Dylan Grimes would not change his tactics on Brisbane forward Charlie Cameron despite the All-Australian’s frustrations in Round 23.

“Charlie should walk up to Jack (Riewoldt) and Tom (Lynch) and ask them how they deal with it on a weekly basis,” he smiled.

“It’s the art of being a forward, unfortunately. We’ve got an All-Australian defender that’s a jet. He’ll play the same way and he’ll play it well.

Charlie Cameron had a tough day against the Tigers. Picture: AAP Images
Charlie Cameron had a tough day against the Tigers. Picture: AAP Images

“He’s done it his whole career. We look at our two boys at the other end and they just get on with it.”

Richmond skipper Trent Cotchin has played one match in the five weeks leading into the qualifying final after battling hamstring issues but he said he welcomed feeling fresher than usual heading into September football.

“Going into Round 23, aside from carrying a little bit of baggage just from being injured throughout the year, I was really pleased with how the body was feeling from a bash and crash point of view,” he said.

“Typically, I fall over the line towards the back end of the year and hang out for that bye just before finals. It’s been a little bit differently for me personally, but I’m just really excited to sink my teeth into this weekend’s game.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back