Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Marlion Pickett

Votes: 90 42.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally watched the replay. The third was as bad as I remembered.

Nankervis got a bath through that quarter and into the fourth. It wasn’t until the crows had to give Reilly a spell that we got back in it. Ryan took over against himmelberg and tilthorpe and we finally saw some of the footy.

I felt we should of mixed it up earlier rather than persist with the same losing ruck setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thats how i remembered it too,Reilly and Jacks man #20 off half back along with Laird & Co. went on a 40 min Blitzkreig,5 of the last 9 mins of the 2nd in where they missed at least 3 simple goal attempts,30 + mins of the 3rd and almost 5 mins @ the beginning of the last.

We scored really well from fwd half turnovers. 19 points in the first Qtr alone. Tackles aren’t everything with the ping pong style the Hocking has invented
i feel for MRJ down there,Jack can lay tackles but only if its a clogged up fwd line,Dusty doesnt lay any,Bolton is moody on it and Lunch doesnt lay any either
so that leaves ?????? if JGTI or Bakes arent down there its a pretty lonely place for MRJ

i feel for MRJ down there,Jack can lay tackles but only if its a clogged up fwd line,Dusty doesnt lay any,Bolton is moody on it and Lunch doesnt lay any either
so that leaves ?????? if JGTI or Bakes arent down there its a pretty lonely place for MRJ

It’s why we go Mansell over a player like Cumberland.

Tom Delonge Reaction GIF

Murray Weideman to Hafey and the pies surge up ladder
Tony Shaw to Malthouse and the pies surge up the ladder
Nathan Buckley to Craig McCrae and the pies surge up the ladder

I wish they would stop giving up on their own players to coach and then choosing someone with Richmond education to move them up the ladder.

We go in huge underdogs and if there's anything I have learnt since Dimma took over as coach is that we LOVE going in as underdogs.
We lift against good opposition, always have.
I get the feeling that our pressure will be at a level the Pies haven't dealt with yet and if it rains... as BT would say "oh boy wowee, watch out!"

It's only Monday but I'm very excited about this game. Could be a ripper.

We go in huge underdogs and if there's anything I have learnt since Dimma took over as coach is that we LOVE going in as underdogs.
We lift against good opposition, always have.
I get the feeling that our pressure will be at a level the Pies haven't dealt with yet and if it rains... as BT would say "oh boy wowee, watch out!"

It's only Monday but I'm very excited about this game. Could be a ripper.

Or we get spanked, made to look slow etc 😂

Or we get spanked, made to look slow etc 😂
You're either underestimating us or overestimating the Pies. We have a very good system and apart from one quarter our pressure and ability to limit opposition scoring was at a very high level.
Positivity sante, we can get this done.

Some analysis after re-watching the first half (second half to follow):

1. Hopper - Bloke's a star, with just the right amount of pace to escape those stoppages. Pure class and makes cracking decisions. He's a gem!
  2. Ryan - Understandable why it took him ages to join the side. Bit of a beanpole, gets shoved around during ruck contests. Needs some muscle and better bodywork, then he'll be unstoppable. But his endurance is the main issue - stopped chasing around half-time and no second efforts. Gotta work on that.
  3. Marlion Pickett - Could he be our gut-running, pressure forward hybrid? Leads well, marks like a champ, and tackles like a madman. This could free up Short, Clarke, or Ralphsmith for a wing position.
  4. MRJ - Fair dinkum elite! We need another forward like him. The bloke sprints from the forward 50 when there's a turnover and applies unreal defensive pressure. He's here to stay, but could polish up his decision-making a tad.
  5. Team effort is crucial. Noticed some slack from Vlas on the defensive run. Taranto's two-way running is solid, but he needs to ramp up the intensity to halt those rebounds.
  6. Bolton - Centre bounce mid, forward runner, not a small forward. His ability to burst from a stoppage is akin to Clayton Oliver and Danger. Time to bring in another small pressure forward - Mancell, Clarke, or someone else.
Reasons for third quarter dominance by Adelaide:

1.Murphy's Law hit us hard. Botched kicks, Bolton attempting to carry the team, free kicks, and bad bounces - just plain unlucky. Every turnover led to a hack when going forward. Unbelievable. This pressure caused our defensive structures to crumble, and we lost faith. It was our shoddy kicking in the quarter that did us in, even Hopper and Martin were off. A genuine comedy of errors. On the bright side, it's fixable!
2. Our backline lacked defensive pressure. Is a combo of Grimes, Balta, Young, Broad, and Vlas too tall? Sure is. Time to swap Broad with a small. Rachelle and Rankine torched us. We must set up better and cover these types defensively. Can't afford to concede points like that.
3. Controversial opinion: Riewoldt should be dropped. The bloke's bloody useless once the ball hits the ground, assuming it even gets there with him. Struggled as the down-the-line option, failing to bring the ball to ground and getting outmuscled. This put our defense under the pump.

Changes:

Out: Broad, Riewoldt, Short, Martin

In: Sonsie, Clarke, Cumberland, Ralphsmith?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're either underestimating us or overestimating the Pies. We have a very good system and apart from one quarter our pressure and ability to limit opposition scoring was at a very high level.

how many we winning by

30 i reckon

I think we will be okay. I agree with you, but there’s a world where I see it fall apart and we get thumped. Hopefully not because we are better than that.

Some analysis after re-watching the first half (second half to follow):

1. Hopper - Bloke's a star, with just the right amount of pace to escape those stoppages. Pure class and makes cracking decisions. He's a gem!
  2. Ryan - Understandable why it took him ages to join the side. Bit of a beanpole, gets shoved around during ruck contests. Needs some muscle and better bodywork, then he'll be unstoppable. But his endurance is the main issue - stopped chasing around half-time and no second efforts. Gotta work on that.
  3. Marlion Pickett - Could he be our gut-running, pressure forward hybrid? Leads well, marks like a champ, and tackles like a madman. This could free up Short, Clarke, or Ralphsmith for a wing position.
  4. MRJ - Fair dinkum elite! We need another forward like him. The bloke sprints from the forward 50 when there's a turnover and applies unreal defensive pressure. He's here to stay, but could polish up his decision-making a tad.
  5. Team effort is crucial. Noticed some slack from Vlas on the defensive run. Taranto's two-way running is solid, but he needs to ramp up the intensity to halt those rebounds.
  6. Bolton - Centre bounce mid, forward runner, not a small forward. His ability to burst from a stoppage is akin to Clayton Oliver and Danger. Time to bring in another small pressure forward - Mancell, Clarke, or someone else.
This. I'd keep him on ball permanently if he has the tank. He is just so dynamic and explosive.
Especially if Hopper is out.

I wish they would stop giving up on their own players to coach and then choosing someone with Richmond education to move them up the ladder.
Grigga won Geelong their flag.

It is fun knowing Buckley is having to suck it up publicly. Basically the same squad too. Collingwood were all chip chip chip sideways backwards anywhere but forwards. Now let lose and given a modern game style all of a sudden they're contenders. Clearly Nafan Figjam was the problem.

Last edited:
This weekend and Dees in round 6 tough - so the Dogs game is looking pretty crucial.

An average game from Gawn gives Melbourne 6 goals from intercept and get-out field marks, goal assists and his own scores, plus the silver service their mids often get from him. When he's really on, he's worth up to a dozen goals.

They will really struggle to win without him and our game against them falls in the 4th week of him being out, so I'd say he's very unlikely to play.

Should beat them and on their current form and our last match-ups, looking forward to beating the Dogs again.

As for the Collywobbles this week, sure, they're playing a way better brand of football under McRae, but seriously, take a good, hard look at their list folks:

McSpud.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back