Votes: 43 16.0%
  • 30. Reece Conca

Votes: 91 33.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares about individual stats.

Weren't hawks a s**t contested ball side during their threepeat?

No they were decent. They always had a positive differential i.e. they won more contested ball than their opponent. But they were ranked 5th, 8th and 9th in those 3 years.

When they (do they?) Produce a stat for metres covered as a team then we will all get a better indication of what we do better than most as a team.

When they (do they?) Produce a stat for metres covered as a team then we will all get a better indication of what we do better than most as a team.
They do, for example the Tiges 6461 compared to the Bombers 5619.
All our wins have been over 6000m and the opposition under 6000 except the Norf game, the Tiges 5515 Norf 5331, our lowest was the Tiges 5458 v Eagles 5972. The Pies win was our highest meters gained 6607 to 5987

Just loking at the stats, the Tiges are the number one side averaging 6160, the Dees are the only other team over 6000 (6099) Should add we are number one meters gained by hand with Sheds the number one player by hand

Last edited:
Al our wins have been over 6000m and the opp under 6000 except the Norf game Tiges 5515 Norf 5331, our lowest ws the Eagles 5972 Tiges 5458. The Pies win was our highest 6607 to 5987

Just loking at the stats, the Tiges are the number one side averaging 6160, the Dees are the only other team over 6000 (6099) Should add we are number one meters gained by hand with Sheds the number one player by hand

Ah awesome. Cheers. Yeah it's evident. We get numbers back. We get numbers fwd. We out work everyone. That's our teamwide strength right now.

Ah awesome. Cheers. Yeah it's evident. We get numbers back. We get numbers fwd. We out work everyone. That's our teamwide strength right now.
Hardest working team in the league!

Felt like only yesterday when we were probably one of the biggest downhill skiing teams in the league.

I agree. Never said Miles couldn’t fill a role. Problem is the role might currently be filled by T Cotchin or D Martin.
I watch the game my friend. Very closely. Maybe you should read my post just as closely. Did not bag Miles.
read my post and tell me where i said you did

True. But then again, would you rather have a Conca or a Milesy running riot in the midfield ( on a good day) who both seemingly play similar roles (correct me if I'm wrong). I just feel he would offer more than what we're currently content with.
lol

All our wins have been over 6000m and the opposition under 6000 except the Norf game, the Tiges 5515 Norf 5331, our lowest was the Tiges 5458 v Eagles 5972. The Pies win was our highest meters gained 6607 to 5987

Music to my ears.

Fundamental changes in this very statistic need to be introduced into relevance to the average punter. Can't find anything online without paywall - really unfair. Can see it in the paper though, but in NSW-media I only get SMH & Telegraph, both awful in AFL coverage.

Can you please check for me #23's and #33's meters gained compared to their usual impacts? On the surface it looked like a very high intensity 'rolling' game, where the Bombers could match us in the contest but lose out in the 50-50's [see #12 v McKernan]. This close game suited #9, #10 and #30 on the eye. I also wish they would give a q-by-q breakdown; we seem to pile it on easily during the blowouts of Coll, Ess and I suspect Melb as well [that win looks better by the round].

Music to my ears.

Fundamental changes in this very statistic need to be introduced into relevance to the average punter. Can't find anything online without paywall - really unfair. Can see it in the paper though, but in NSW-media I only get SMH & Telegraph, both awful in AFL coverage.

Can you please check for me #23's and #33's meters gained compared to their usual impacts? On the surface it looked like a very high intensity 'rolling' game, where the Bombers could match us in the contest but lose out in the 50-50's [see #12 v McKernan]. This close game suited #9, #10 and #30 on the eye. I also wish they would give a q-by-q breakdown; we seem to pile it on easily during the blowouts of Coll, Ess and I suspect Melb as well [that win looks better by the round].
Looking at kmac he's averaging 326 (up from 290 last year) and ranked 6th for the Tiges, but against the bombers he had a pissy 70 meters, and Lambert this year is 264 (ranked 15th) down from 290 last year and was 200 for the Bombers game.

Our top 5 player averages, Short 448 (ranked 10th in the league for averages and 5th for total meters gained) Dusty 421, Houli 374, Cotch 353 and Grig 351. Was surprised Broad is 3rd last on 149.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dusty certainly has looked to be carrying something for a while. good to freshen him up and get him back hopefully against geelong to keep our mcg dominance going. interesting to see if miles comes in, with ports inside mids of wines, powell pepper and rocklif, it could be a perfect fit for him.

Miles. Seize the day young fella.
I agree. Never said Miles couldn’t fill a role. Problem is the role might currently be filled by T Cotchin or D Martin.
I watch the game my friend. Very closely. Maybe you should read my post just as closely. Did not bag Miles.

An opportunity presents itself.
Good luck Snipper.

Surely Drummond is cactus at end of year. Why has Prestia had a one week hamstring for 3 weeks and Miles Won't be risk before the bye
Nath has been very unlucky with injuries. In what should have been his last year of TAC Cup he could only play a handful of games and was permitted to play overage the next season and was then outstanding. Recruited to Richmond he has suffered two knee reconstructions in three seasons. Still only young and deserves an injury free season to have another crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back