• Jack Graham

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Toby Nankervis

Votes: 18 7.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our mids are gonna to be to hard to handle for the dees and I think they'll bring in CEllis for a run, playing outside.
I hope he gets a few cause with Conca in there now I can't see another line up where he's gonna be as freed up to receive out of the packs.
Nank is seriously underrated for how he plays considering he's played 40 games and isn't 24 yet.
I reckon we've just been warming up the motor and Tues night is gonna be a cracker for us, I hope we smash em in the middle and give them something to remember cause their midfield is gonna be right up there in a couple of years.

I have always thought that we are 1 Patrick Cripps type mid short of where we want to be, Having the big inside beast that gets 30+ on the inside feeding it out to the others would give our midfield so much more grunt and depth - Really are 1 short
Patrick Cripps type mids are pretty hard to find, (193cm). Think Prestia and Conca have given us a bit more bite in the middle, both get in low and tackle hard and are quick around the packs. Will be interesting to see how we go against Melbourne's strong inside mids.

Patrick Cripps type mids are pretty hard to find, (193cm). Think Prestia and Conca have given us a bit more bite in the middle, both get in low and tackle hard and are quick around the packs. Will be interesting to see how we go against Melbourne's strong inside mids.
I expect they’ll beat us in the inside, but winning on the inside is useless if you don’t have anyone on the outside to receive the ball which is something Melbourne seems to be short on while we’re full of players that play inside and outside. Like you said it will be interesting to see how we combat Melbourne’s inside brigade.

I expect they’ll beat us in the inside, but winning on the inside is useless if you don’t have anyone on the outside to receive the ball which is something Melbourne seems to be short on while we’re full of players that play inside and outside. Like you said it will be interesting to see how we combat Melbourne’s inside brigade.
No Viney helps us big time. I rate him as a player. That game he played against West Coast over there last season was one of the best individual performances I watched last year. Having said that, I don't think he will ever fulfill his potential. I've heard that foot is pretty cooked.

No Viney helps us big time. I rate him as a player. That game he played against West Coast over there last season was one of the best individual performances I watched last year. Having said that, I don't think he will ever fulfill his potential. I've heard that foot is pretty cooked.
Melbourne’s medical department has really screwed the pooch with Viney. It’s a shame cause the guy can play when fully fit.

Brownlow votes as a gauge is flawed as that requires the umps to notice Grigg. Griggs workrate and ability to two way run is excellent.

Gameday coaching votes better reflect a players value imo

I'm not sure the coaches are the best guys to be giving votes.
Could be open to bias and they have far much more on their plate than to be worrying who'll they'll give the five to and who'll they'll give three to.

I'm not sure the coaches are the best guys to be giving votes.
Could be open to bias and they have far much more on their plate than to be worrying who'll they'll give the five to and who'll they'll give three to.

I like them as they give the votes at the end of the game based on who hurt them more via a tactical prespective

I have always thought that we are 1 Patrick Cripps type mid short of where we want to be, Having the big inside beast that gets 30+ on the inside feeding it out to the others would give our midfield so much more grunt and depth - Really are 1 short
balta maybe

balta maybe
Balta is with out a doubt a 195cm 95kg kpp. It is dream time stuff to think he can suddenly become a mid.

Cripps as a junior played where? thats right you guessed it as a mid.
If and its a really big iff Balta can become a mid.What does that do to our kpp stocks.At the moment only Moore and Balta look capable of stepping into a kpp role for us.

This . We have no idea about our depth because it has never been tested in the last 4 or 5 yrs.
WRONG we used 38 players last year, the equal 3rd most in the league. Beyond our finals 22, we got 86 games into players. That means every game we had an average of 4 players missing from our best 22. Pretty good test I'd have thought.

WRONG we used 38 players last year, the equal 3rd most in the league. Beyond our finals 22, we got 86 games into players. That means every game we had an average of 4 players missing from our best 22. Pretty good test I'd have thought.

Nah but it’s not a test unless you have 15 ACLs and at least 4 bone breaks :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Balta is with out a doubt a 195cm 95kg kpp. It is dream time stuff to think he can suddenly become a mid.

If and its a really big iff Balta can become a mid.What does that do to our kpp stocks.At the moment only Moore and Balta look capable of stepping into a kpp role for us.
Thank God we have Rance, Astbury, Reiwoldt all in their primes then.
If you obsess about "what if" how can you enjoy the moment,

You do know where Cripps grew up right....?

Northampton, where they are lucky to have 1 or 2 good kids per age group (2 year age groups 12's, 14's, 16's etc), so their best player always plays where the ball is, so the middle most of the time

Northampton, where they are lucky to have 1 or 2 good kids per age group (2 year age groups 12's, 14's, 16's etc), so their best player always plays where the ball is, so the middle most of the time
Wow! The Cobblers.

I've seen a couple of Cobblers matches!
Remarkable roller coaster ride...
Northampton were promoted three times in the five years 1960 to 1965. Starting the 1960–61 season in the Fourth Division, they reached the First Division in 1965–66, their only season ever in the top division of English football. They were then relegated back to the Fourth Division over the next five years, playing in the bottom tier again in 1969–70

not quite hank. a lot of the lads choose surfing up this way or stay on the farm. there are plenty to choose from. in the next few years the rams will have more afl players coming through. when cripps was playing he was dominant but was not the only one. a lot of players also wither on the vine up here.

Wow! The Cobblers.
The Rams
Rams-Logo-small.png

If the conversation was about how many kids come through leagues your post would have relevance.
As the post was about what position Cripps played as a junior which includes his time at East freo thank you for confirming my point.
Hes a mid and grew up as one. It was a pretty simple point i was making but obviously too hard for some.

I once voted for Tom Cheesman in a Federal Election. He had great posture and combed his hair from left to right. We used to call him Little Cheese down at the football club.

I once voted for Tom Cheesman in a Federal Election. He had great posture and combed his hair from left to right. We used to call him Little Cheese down at the football club.
Did he put down his cheese of choice during his election campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back