• Marlion Pickett

• Jack Higgins

• Liam Baker

• Sydney Stack

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be fair that still doesn't prove anything. Can't even see the ball or his hands.

the benefit of the doubt should go with the player marking? like cricket

not higgins fault the afl cant work out how cameras work

does the whole of the ball go over the line before it goes in his hands? dun think so

the benefit of the doubt should go with the player marking? like cricket

not higgins fault the afl cant work out how cameras work

does the whole of the ball go over the line before it goes in his hands? dun think so
Not really. When it's that tight it should go with the umpires call, as it does with DRS in cricket. Not sure there was conclusive evidence to overturn the decision. If the camera used for the review is mounted in the middle of the goal post which I believe they are then by the time you look past the padding on the opposing goal post in a direct line of sight than there has to be a blind spot. Saying the ball didn't cross over before he got hands on it isn't definitive when looking from that angle. If he got fingers to it in the blind spot, it will still look like a mark from the goal poast camera. Excuse the crude pic.

posts.png

FWIW I thought it was a mark. Nice to get a review go our way for once.

Not really. When it's that tight it should go with the umpires call, as it does with DRS in cricket. Not sure there was conclusive evidence to overturn the decision. If the camera used for the review is mounted in the middle of the goal post which I believe they are then by the time you look past the padding on the opposing goal post in a direct line of sight than there has to be a blind spot. Saying the ball didn't cross over before he got hands on it isn't definitive when looking from that angle. If he got fingers to it in the blind spot, it will still look like a mark from the goal poast camera. Excuse the crude pic.

View attachment 893304

I agree with your principal in the drawing, but its a little different.
The back of the padding is in line with the back of the line, so padding doesn't cover any space past the goal line...
But your right, the camera angle is not a straight line but on an angle

I agree with your principal in the drawing, but its a little different.
The back of the padding is in line with the back of the line, so padding doesn't cover any space past the goal line...
But your right, the camera angle is not a straight line but on an angle
Fair enough, thanks. The principle still applies, just at a smaller margin.

to be fair that still doesn't prove anything. Can't even see the ball or his hands.
Well you can’t see the ball in front of posts or behind , his arms are extended forward , other angles demonstrated a steel trap single grab that went C L U N K , of course it was a bloody mark

Not really. When it's that tight it should go with the umpires call, as it does with DRS in cricket. Not sure there was conclusive evidence to overturn the decision.

I guess the umpire had enough doubt about his call otherwise he would not have asked for the score review to check if the mark had been taken before the ball was fully across the line. Personally speaking I love that he had that doubt. ;)

I guess the umpire had enough doubt about his call otherwise he would not have asked for the score review to check if the mark had been taken before the ball was fully across the line. Personally speaking I love that he had that doubt. ;)
Reckon the reviewers got this one right- side angle is always more accurate than behind the goals and it shows the ball not fully over.
Anyway the ball can fully cross the goal line untouched hit the padding and is awarded a behind so where exactly is the line these days

View attachment 893304

Wow. In your diagram the padding around the post is about 2m in diameter. No wonder the camera can't see anywhere near the point line in your diagram. I think the AFL/MCG put slightly less padding on than you think. ;)

View attachment 893304

They had front on footage synced with the goal line camera, so the reviewer knew exactly when the ball was in his hands in relation to the goal line footage.

Reckon the reviewers got this one right- side angle is always more accurate than behind the goals and it shows the ball not fully over.
Anyway the ball can fully cross the goal line untouched hit the padding and is awarded a behind so where exactly is the line these days
Pretty sure the back of the goal line is lined up with the back of the padding now. I remember it didn’t used to be that way.

Wow. In your diagram the padding around the post is about 2m in diameter. No wonder the camera can't see anywhere near the point line in your diagram. I think the AFL/MCG put slightly less padding on than you think. ;)
I'm sure you can grasp the gist of it. Feel free to knock something up to the millimeter in Photoshop if it helps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the last 2 minutes he's jumping into packs punching the ball fwd. Soldo looked to able to run out the game. Leave that selection for a few weeks. I want to see Jack Ross IN for Graham.
Fridge will not be dropped.

View attachment 893304

Umpirw was inbetween point and goal post. Right call

Whichever way it works out re. playing this week, I suspect we've seen the last of him rucking, couldn't possibly have looked more uncomfortable in the role.

Ferrari on a washed out gravel donkey trail kinda uncomfortable. ;)

for what its worth, in his presser today he said he enjoyed being back up ruck and will continue to do it

for what its worth, in his presser today he said he enjoyed being back up ruck and will continue to do it

Wow, OK, good on him.

I thought he looked really out of place, but he can only improve I guess and it can only get easier after starting with Grundy.

One good aspect looking long term is that it can bring him into the game a bit when things get quiet in the deep forward line, but I'm not sure that offsets the higher potential for injury.

I'm sure you can grasp the gist of it. Feel free to knock something up to the millimeter in Photoshop if it helps.
The gist of it is that the camera had vastly less blind spot area than your diagram portrayed. Why bother doing a diagram if it is misleading? Oh, never mind....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back