• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ImaBeliever!

All Australian
Apr 13, 2007
The Wimmera
AFL Club
Richmond
I don’t disagree with you I think Arts could miss for sure. I guess it will all depend on match up and team balance. Regardless, someone is going to be pretty stiff
To me, it’s between Castagna and Aarts. Rioli will be safe in his current form, Lambert is an important mid-forward link player, and both Kmac and Pickett have made the wing positions their own. Not many others to make way. I guess it’s entirely possible Prestia doesn’t quite make it back to fitness in time as well.

Jono_Hain97

All Australian
Dec 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond

Apparently the cats have found a trump card (against the Tiges) by playing Danger forward and taking Grimes out of the game. How does every conversation lead to us? Danger played forward against a bottom 4 team and kicked a couple of goals in the last. All of a sudden, they've unlocked how to beat us. Ridiculous.
What’s funny also is that this so called ‘trump card’ has failed against us on numerous occasions previously. Dangerfield was moved forward against us two weeks ago and he had no impact and Geelong were forced to move him back into the midfield. The same thing happened in 2018 when Rance towelled him up and Dangerfield managed to just 2 possessions in 60 minutes of football before Scott panicked and put him back in the centre square

Feb 25, 2007
FNQ
AFL Club
Richmond
They must have just started watching AFL a week ago.

Danger has been getting sent forward for years, it`s not some new magical unknown tactic.

My thoughts exactly.

Just for starters that's where he's ended up (to 'win the game') in all Geelol's losing finals over the last few years. ;)

Nothing short of embarrassing to the entire football world that these clowns get well paid to blurt out these vapid, devoid of facts talking points.

Lambert has been piss poor

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lmao always love these calls

If a bloke isnt getting 25 touches and kicking 2 a game hes been "poor"

Lambo is one of our hardest workers, if not our hardest worker. Alot of his work goes unrewarded and we dont see it on our tv screens or even notice it at games.

He played very well vs the crows

Mar 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond

Lambo is one of our hardest workers, if not our hardest worker. Alot of his work goes unrewarded and we dont see it on our tv screens or even notice it at games.

And has done it while carrying the major load in the midfield the majority of the year...

Bolton has been brilliant but lambert was the one copping close scrutiny from opposing teams allowing him to get off the leash.

Soberian Tiger

Borat's cousin twice removed from village
Jul 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond

Lambert covers a lot of ground. A high half-forward who does so doesn't need to kick as many as a stay-at-home smaller forward to be effective.

Castagna is a bit like that too. The work he does up the ground has kept him in the team even while his goal-kicking has slipped.

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
What’s funny also is that this so called ‘trump card’ has failed against us on numerous occasions previously. Dangerfield was moved forward against us two weeks ago and he had no impact and Geelong were forced to move him back into the midfield. The same thing happened in 2018 when Rance towelled him up and Dangerfield managed to just 2 possessions in 60 minutes of football before Scott panicked and put him back in the centre square
Grimes is the literally perfect match up for Dangerfield

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
Grimes is the literally perfect match up for Dangerfield
Yep. Grimes is taller, bigger, tougher, smarter and just as fast. A genuinely great defender will always beat a part-time forward, no matter how good a midfielder he is.

Let's hope they play their "trump" card.

Again.

Not going to lie, was hoping we would give Brisbane a miss this year. Yes we’ve beaten them the last 15 times we’ve played them, but all that means is that they’re well and truly due for a win against us.

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Not going to lie, was hoping we would give Brisbane a miss this year. Yes we’ve beaten them the last 15 times we’ve played them, but all that means is that they’re well and truly due for a win against us.

Sure but let's leave that for 2021 onwards. We must trust the way we have been playing and atm i feel we will beat them. We will be at full strength.
Even Harris Andrews out is massive for them especially against a team like us. I'm hearing he could be 50/50 but I doubt he plays his hammy was massive.

Sure but let's leave that for 2021 onwards. We must trust the way we have been playing and atm i feel we will beat them. We will be at full strength.
Even Harris Andrews out is massive for them especially against a team like us.
I know, at least Lynchy won’t have Andrews hanging all over him this year, but the worry is an inbuilt mechanism. We definitely have it in us to win, but the next two weeks are going to be very tiring, especially when the Grimes v Cameron talk starts and Brisbane start mentioning umpiring and s**t in the news...it’s going to happen, the next two weeks will be full of blatant Brisbane cheering.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Lynch will go berserk if he plays

“Let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I know, at least Lynchy won’t have Andrews hanging all over him this year, but the worry is an inbuilt mechanism. We definitely have it in us to win, but the next two weeks are going to be very tiring, especially when the Grimes v Cameron talk starts and Brisbane start mentioning umpiring and sh*t in the news...it’s going to happen, the next two weeks will be full of blatant Brisbane cheering.

We have had the whole media at us all year so it will be nothing that we haven't heard before. Our best is better than anyone's. We bring the manic pressure and speed we will beat them.

Back