Votes: 59 25.9%
  • Daniel Rioli

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Jack Ross

Votes: 27 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The elite teams introduce one or two new players each year.
I would retain Aarts and Balta.
Lynch and Prestia would return.
Chol and Ross out.
They have to consider whether or not Bolton returns, that is the key issue.
If Prestia has a complication, then Bolton returns regardless.
I know it would be a difficult decision to make.
End of the day, Edwards plays that type of Bolton role through the centre.

my final 22 would be
b Astbury Grimes Balta
Houli Vlaustin Short
Kmc Edwards Prestia
Lambert Lynch Caddy
Aarts Riewoldt Castagna
foll Nank Martin Cotchin
i Baker Graham Pickett Rioli
Emerg (Bolton Chol)

my final 22 would be
b Astbury Grimes Balta
Houli Vlaustin Short
Kmc Edwards Prestia
Lambert Lynch Caddy
Aarts Riewoldt Castagna
foll Nank Martin Cotchin
Emerg (Bolton Chol)

You’d seriously leave Bolton out?’!
WTF !! Why ? How?!

I know it's a difficult decision.
But Edwards and Bolton play similar roles.
I wrote about it earlier.
They are not easy decisions for our match committee to assess.
If there is an injury, Bolton returns.
The elite champion teams introduce one or two new players each year.
Like Dimma says, growth mindset.
To have a player like Aarts, who has risen from obscurity, join our final 22 would be great to see and is the epitome of sport.

I know it's a difficult decision.
But Edwards and Bolton play similar roles.
I wrote about it earlier.
They are not easy decisions for our match committee to assess.
If there is an injury, Bolton returns.

There’s no chance at all Bolton misses out if he’s fit. There are 6-8 players or possibly more who make way before him. His rise this year has been outstanding

There is no way known Bolton stays out. Probably top 5 in our BnF, if he and Edwards don't fit in the same midfield (I think they do) then one of them plays forward and one of the smalls get squeezed out. No easy decisions selection wise, Aarts might be very unlucky but it's near impossible to drop him based off yesterday.

Regardless Bolton plays week one of finals 100%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our match committee will be wrestling with these issues.
There is no easy answer.
I have always liked Aarts since he was part of the spectacular pack mark with Pickett in the VFL.
It was arguably the best sports photo of the year.
Very powerful story of Pickett's rise from adversity last year and I think Aarts is similar this year.
Doing the hard yards and playing VFL for six seasons.
That is what sport is all about
Sport is the only arena, no pun intended, where someone can rise from nothing to the top.
That's why people from all walks of life enjoy it.

Last edited:
Personally i think we only go with 1 full time Ruckman with Balta ,Lynch,McIntosh,Pickett helping out or giving Nank a break

The way i look at it there are only 4 top Ruckman in the league that we need a 2nd Ruckman against
Natanui ,Grundy , Gawn , Goldstein

If Port win tomorrow that will mean 1 of NicNat/Grundy will be eliminated
Gawn/Goldstein wont be participating
so only really 1 of NicNat/Grundy left and we will deal with that when the time comes

The elite teams introduce one or two new players each year.
I would retain Aarts and Balta.
Lynch and Prestia would return.
Chol and Ross out.
They have to consider whether or not Bolton returns, that is the key issue.
If Prestia has a complication, then Bolton returns regardless.
I know it would be a difficult decision to make.
End of the day, Edwards plays that type of Bolton role through the centre.
Dude, Bolton is in our best 5 or 6 players right now. He will walk back in.

Team for qualifying final
B--- Grimes-- Astbury--- short
Hb-- Baker --- vlaustin--- Houli
C -- Picket --- Martin--- Macintosh
Hf-- Lambert-- Edwards-- Aarts
Ff -- Rioli -- Lynch ---- Reiwoldt
Ruck - Nank -- Cotchin-- Prestia
Inter from- Balta - Bolton - Graham - caddy- castagna- Ross - Chol - markov

The problem is Chol isn't a ruck mans arse hole, he is absolutely rubbish as a ruckman. If he can't play forward and can't play ruck what can he do? I would prefer to play Broad in the ruck at lest he leaves everything out on the footy ground. Seriously Broady would have been a better forward than Chol. The problem with Chol is he always looks for the cheap out the back possession. He cannot be considered for the finals series, he showed all his cards last night and they were bad. If I was Dimma I would be fuming with what he dished up last night. FFS even Markov playing forward would have been 1000% better he is the player that should be playing instead of Chol. If Chol could ruck I would swallow my pride and admit he is needed but he doesn't even offer that. This isn't a personal attack on Chol because I like him but it's plain for everyone to see that he can't handle the pressure.

I think you're being a bit harsh. In a few other games this year Chol really impacted the game as a fwd. Including the big game against Port.

I would keep Chol in for the reason that the ONLY time we look beatable is when we are getting dominated in the air. We pretty much always win the groundball so I like it when we pick a taller side.

Having said that, knowing Dimma I think he'd be fuming with some of Chol's efforts on the wkend.

my final 22 would be
b Astbury Grimes Balta
Houli Vlaustin Short
Kmc Edwards Prestia
Lambert Lynch Caddy
Aarts Riewoldt Castagna
foll Nank Martin Cotchin
Emerg (Bolton Chol)
The bloke who's going to win our b&f as an emergency. Wow. Welcome to depth Tigerland lol

my final 22 would be
b Astbury Grimes Balta
Houli Vlaustin Short
Kmc Edwards Prestia
Lambert Lynch Caddy
Aarts Riewoldt Castagna
foll Nank Martin Cotchin
Emerg (Bolton Chol)

I had to look twice you have Bolton as an emergency lmao!
Bolton has had a great year, a creative mid who wins his own ball. Shai has literally held up the midfield with Dusty when Cotchin, Prestia, and Edwards were out. He is likely to finish top 5 in the B&F, been a consistent performer throughout 2020, he'll be back in the side without hesitation.

Pleased that Bolton was in great form.
End of the day though, he was playing the Edwards role in his absence.
Bolton was slotted in the Edwards role from round five onwards, the Melbourne game on July 5. The Prestia injury game.
I would only make two changes.
Lynch-Chol and Prestia-Ross.
Each to their own.
Our match committee will be looking at the various scenarios.
It's not an easy task for sure.

Last edited:
I think Nank can shoulder the ruck and Caddy can play the 3rd tall/pinch hit. We did it with Grigg, we can do it again and yet this time around we have Lynch.
With a spot in our side up for grabs for Chol, that performance was so disappointing and against the worst side this year.
Positions for spots is so hard and there will be some very unlucky boys, so to dish up that is not good enough. Who knows he may have been a bit off or had something going on.

Will be interesting to see how Dimma sees it
I doubt Caddy will be considered as a pinch hit ruckman given what had happened to his knee against Adelaide. It was innocuous so jumping in the ruck is surely not an option.
Chol was absolutely horrible the other night but when he plays his usual role of second ruck and third tall he's a better option.
Needs a kick up the ass to see if he can handle it

Like Dimma says, they look at the overall "shape" of the team and the player slots into the role they are asked to fulfill.
KMc has been in brilliant form recently, might otherwise have been omitted from the centre-wing group.
He has earned his spot and would be virtually impossible to dislodge.
Again, Caddy was brilliant on returning too.
It makes it difficult to limit to 22.

Last edited:
Hi everyone it’s great to be back after a stressful four months of cleaning up all the criminal activity that was going on our family farm. I won’t delve into that any further as my close friends on here know the going’s on.

I finally got TV connected on the Eagles game and unfortunately halfway through the second quarter we had a power blackout due to an almighty Benny Gale. The old farmhouse Uncle George built didn’t move a mm.
Back onto the footy though it’s been refreshing that we haven’t gone backwards at all this year and I can confidently say with the rise of Bolton Balta Aarts Soldo😕 and the potential in Ross and others who’ve come in to play roles whilst our stars have been sidelined our future is brighter than ever.
I can’t see any team getting near us as watching all our competitors playing it’s like watching footy back in the 70’s and that being they’re in slow motion in comparison to us.
The return of Edwards was a positive one and he looked like he hadn’t missed a beat. Graham has been outstanding this year with his endurance and physical work on and off the ball. Bolton say no more except he could be bigger than Maurice Rioli with his elite footwork and hands. Just growing in stature and poise by each game.
Great to have Astbury back as well as Grimes can now have the taller support around him whilst he continues to play either on talls or shorter opponents , so this frees him up. Lynch also to come back makes us look more menacing and how commentators continually talk up Brisbane as a threat is beyond me.
Port is the unknown quantity, but I still think they’re two rungs below us and the Eagles now fifth makes our task easier. Geelong were supposed to be better against us with Pawkins😂, but we annihilated them and had we kicked straighter they would have been further embarrassed.
Great to be back folks although I have still plenty of work here bringing back our farm to its former glory.
Happy times at Tigerland as we grow by constantly bringing in and developing youth into our team whilst Geelong and Hawthorn continue to bring in tried and tired players hoping to improve.

Pleased that Bolton was in great form.
End of the day though, he was playing the Edwards role in his absence.
Bolton was slotted in the Edwards role from round five onwards, the Melbourne game on July 5. The Prestia injury game.
I would only make two changes.
Lynch-Chol and Prestia-Ross.
Each to their own.
Our match committee will be looking at the various scenarios.
It's not an easy task for sure.

Very glad you’re not a selector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back