Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Carlton and Changes for R2 vs GWS

Best 5 vs Carlton?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aarts won’t be dropped. I agree he shouldn’t play in the midfield because he’s horrible in there but his performance wasn’t worthy of being dropped.

I’d have him as the sub if I picked the team

Aarts won’t be dropped. I agree he shouldn’t play in the midfield because he’s horrible in there but his performance wasn’t worthy of being dropped.

He played all year last year and was average at best in all of them.
He shouldn’t be playing at all. He’s not the future and should not be on the list full stop.

He played all year last year and was average at best in all of them.
He shouldn’t be playing at all. He’s not the future and should not be on the list full stop.
Can only be that the club values what he does when he/we don’t have the ball over how often he gets it and how effective he uses it.

I think that is misguided especially as we have too many poor users of footy in team in a time when ball use is king.

Only positive is he doesn’t get the ball often enough to hurt us even more.

Can only be that the club values what he does when he/we don’t have the ball over how often he gets it and how effective he uses it.

I think that is misguided especially as we have too many poor users of footy in team in a time when ball use is king.

Only positive is he doesn’t get the ball often enough to hurt us even more.

Exactly. I don’t agree with it but Dimma has said many times, we value different things to most other clubs. Aarts obviously does something right

Exactly. I don’t agree with it but Dimma has said many times, we value different things to most other clubs. Aarts obviously does something right
I wish somebody would tell us what it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did a loose predictor of winning teams and total wins after round two.
Should only be five teams with two wins.
In 2017, we were 5-4.
Dogs 1 (Blues 1)
Syd 2 (Cats 1)
Pies 2 (Crows 0)
Lions 2 (Ess 0)
Power 1 (Haw 1)
Dees 2 (GC 0)
North 1 (WC O)
Rich 1 (GWS 0)
Freo 2 (StK 0)

I did a loose predictor of winning teams and total wins after round two.
Should only be five teams with two wins.
In 2017, we were 5-4.
Dogs 1 (Blues 1)
Syd 2 (Cats 1)
Pies 2 (Crows 0)
Lions 2 (Ess 0)
Power 1 (Haw 1)
Dees 2 (GC 0)
North 1 (WC O)
Rich 1 (GWS 0)
Freo 2 (StK 0)

are we gonna win the 2022 flag ?

once he grabbed dustys footy when he should have blocked for him and ditto for cotch too. mucked it up both times....he's got to go...back in the two's he'll be fine as a ball hog and kicking his 2 or 3g and getting 20-25p

Aarts is not really the issue.
It was a terrible final quarter, destroyed in the centre clearances.
A seven goal turnaround.
It can't be pinned on Arts as the principal cause.
Will be good to knock off GWS, who have mental demons at the G, build momentum into playing the Sainters.

There was vision of bolton leaving the track early pointing to his groin area on the news

Really hope its nothing or we are very ****ed

Another thing to mention was that at the end of last season many posters on here were saying we were tired and the past late finishes into the season had worn us down. Elite professionals never get tired and especially tired of winning. We were cooked bc of age and that's incurable.

Last edited:
Dimmer definitely doesn't like diving/ducking campaigners

I reckon we have turned down several "good" players due to their tapes showing they were heavily influenced by the umps and joel selwood
And AARTS is? he spends more time diving on the ball and looking at umps than any other I have seen. Seriously totally useless if Parker could only kick straight he would be so far in front of him that it's not funny. I said at the start if the team consists of any of Castagna and Aarts we are done. So far 1-0

Fans have been calling for this to happen for 3 years whenever Jack or lynch miss and it hasn't happened once. Can't see that changing.
Then why is he still on the list? If he is not wanted try another player/kid, waste of a spot. I say this without knowledge of his contract which may impact the decision, but if unwanted or trouble surely we cut our losses.

So who are the 3-4 inside mids that are banging on the door and going to replace him and the others who played inside that he was better than in Rnd 1 .
Yep he was like all well down on form.
Which inside mids was Cotchin better than?

Also nobody is saying to drop him this week, more asking the question of how long do we carry someone whose output isn't at the level that we've come to expect.

It's a fairly simple question that should be asked of any player not just Cotchin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back