Okay this is my team for R2

-Broad - Tarrant - Gibcus
-Short - Grimes - Ralphsmith
-KMac -- Bolton - Pickett
Graham -Balta -- Baker
George - Lynch - Stack
Nank --- Martin - Ross
Cotchin - Dow - Brown - Edwards - SUB Rioli

Martin & Bolton have to position themselves as the bedrock of our midfield for the rest of the season STARTING THIS WEEK, they're the two best players, play them in the guts. 3rd mid is up for grabs till Prestia comes back, lets try Ross or Pickett as starters, Graham plays midfwd till hes fit enough and Cotchin, Dow, Edwards off the bench
Excited would be an understatement, just at this stage prefer to slot rcd in, loads of time for browny ,,wanna get some vfl into these boys. I’m not at all against giving Martyn a run to see if he shows a bit , is best built young mid we got

Took a few days at to clear my head of all the negative bs being spouted here after ONE game where we lost our best clearance mid at 1/4 time (he ******* dominated btw) and we were 20pts up in the last qtr.

Came back to find the same negative nancies STILL bleating and ranting and clawing their faces...lol

Came to the conclusion that sooks gonna sook, whingers gonna whinge and criers gonna cry.

What a shame we haven't won 3 flags in five years to allow folks to just enjoy our champs.

You'd thing that four decades in the wilderness would have taught patience but nah, gotta slag off the club greats, smash the recruiters for hopelessly destroying the fabric of the list (despite having the types of picks that the super successful teams get reduced to) and squealing like little piggies cos they can't get on the momma sows tittie NOW, I WANT IT NOW !

******* embarrassing. Lol
You talk too much sense Ye ,,, the madness and vitriol is pathetic ,,,even lighten up on the scorn directed at likes of aarts no need to defile the kids reputation. Sure call for a change , he’s battling when you go further than that you’re a campaigner foremost and I could go further
I play golf with an ex afl player and believe this s**t gets back so think before you bravely type away.

After the first Q it was 13.6 to 9.8, so for three quarters it was reasonably even, so somebody must have played okay.
Carlton only beat an F Grade Ammo side by 23 points!!!

Took a few days at to clear my head of all the negative bs being spouted here after ONE game where we lost our best clearance mid at 1/4 time (he ******* dominated btw) and we were 20pts up in the last qtr.

Came back to find the same negative nancies STILL bleating and ranting and clawing their faces...lol

Came to the conclusion that sooks gonna sook, whingers gonna whinge and criers gonna cry.

What a shame we haven't won 3 flags in five years to allow folks to just enjoy our champs.

You'd thing that four decades in the wilderness would have taught patience but nah, gotta slag off the club greats, smash the recruiters for hopelessly destroying the fabric of the list (despite having the types of picks that the super successful teams get reduced to) and squealing like little piggies cos they can't get on the momma sows tittie NOW, I WANT IT NOW !

******* embarrassing. Lol
Love it.
Umpires went in dry last quarter,I said it on the live game stream and it happened.

But the playing list have given us 3 flags,we were so dominant that media were sooking about the state of the game and the AFL made rule changes.

How giddy with excitement do the commentators get when a team challenges us.

#weareeveryonesgrandfinal

Another thing to mention was that at the end of last season many posters on here were saying we were tired and the past late finishes into the season had worn us down. Elite professionals never get tired and especially tired of winning. We were cooked bc of age and that's incurable.
I think you don’t actually understand what people mean when they say tired at the end of the season

The quick turn arounds between seasons that we had before this last one means that all those surgeries that players go for at the end of the season (generally like 10 or so players go for clean outs or other procedures that have been put off during the season but players still carry the injury)

Have less time to recover in the off season before hitting the pre season programs again and it compounds over a number of years

It’s not that they are tired per sae it’s that they are banged up and not playing at full fitness injury wise

I think you don’t actually understand what people mean when they say tired at the end of the season

The quick turn arounds between seasons that we had before this last one means that all those surgeries that players go for at the end of the season (generally like 10 or so players go for clean outs or other procedures that have been put off during the season but players still carry the injury)

Have less time to recover in the off season before hitting the pre season programs again and it compounds over a number of years

It’s not that they are tired per sae it’s that they are banged up and not playing at full fitness injury wise
That still doesn't make sense bc we totally recovered for four seasons straight. It's utter nonsense as age was always going to be our enemy and the challenge was to replace these players slowly with the picks and trades that we collected during our reign. Unfortunately some left for better opportunities and the remainder are just not good enough and not even good enough to replace the older stalwarts with their limited ability. That's the crux of the dilemma we have.

That still doesn't make sense bc we totally recovered for four seasons straight. It's utter nonsense as age was always going to be our enemy and the challenge was to replace these players slowly with the picks and trades that we collected during our reign. Unfortunately some left for better opportunities and the remainder are just not good enough and not even good enough to replace the older stalwarts with their limited ability. That's the crux of the dilemma we have.
Just because we were still winning games doesn't mean we totally recovered could mean the issue just compounded over time to a tipping point

You are also just describing a concept what that knows and what the entire afl draft system was built around

Like most things in life it’s not just one things but a whole bunch of factors some under our control and others external

Just because we were still winning games doesn't mean we totally recovered could mean the issue just compounded over time to a tipping point

You are also just describing a concept what that knows and what the entire afl draft system was built around

Like most things in life it’s not just one things but a whole bunch of factors some under our control and others external
You again are making futile arguments away from reality and my original point. The fact we won so many games was bc we drafted and traded well prior to 2017as you stated , but the point you've missed is the magic word "DEPTH". In those seasons we batted down to 30 players and could get away with playing 23-30 kids whilst managing senior players. We now would be lucky to bat down to 16 as our 2021 kids are not ready and the picks from 2017-20 are just not up to it and we lost some decent players on top of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably would have won if he played… that’s the difference he would have over Ross on the wing

I wasn't too hung up on Ross as a lot of posters were. The club have ruined him by hiding him onto a wing when he's an inside midfielder. The guy was smashing it in the guts when he came into the side and we decided to plonk him on a wing where absolutely none of his attributes can shine. This decision alone is making me question Hardwick right now. Yes he's a 3 time premiership winning coach but this doesn't exempt him from scrutiny now, especially after a poor year last year. Why is a slow, inside ball winning mid playing a position on the ground which requires enormous stamina & line breaking running capacity. Real dumb s**t by the MDC.

I wasn't too hung up on Ross as a lot of posters were. The club have ruined him by hiding him onto a wing when he's an inside midfielder. The guy was smashing it in the guts when he came into the side and we decided to plonk him on a wing where absolutely none of his attributes can shine. This decision alone is making me question Hardwick right now. Yes he's a 3 time premiership winning coach but this doesn't exempt him from scrutiny now, especially after a poor year last year. Why is a slow, inside ball winning mid playing a position on the ground which requires enormous stamina & line breaking running capacity. Real dumb sh*t by the MDC.
imagine how good he'd be as a mid if we developed him as one after 2019

I remember thinking this kid will be a good midfielder for us. he looked good in his debut game against port

Exactly. I don’t agree with it but Dimma has said many times, we value different things to most other clubs. Aarts obviously does something right
He might do something right, but he does way too many things wrong.

The net result is that he's a liability.

Some of the double standards around Stack are amazing. Comes back unfit and struggles through the preseason, but posters still have him a lock in the 22 because he is such a talent, yet other guys who come back in peak fitness and train hard throughout the summer shouldn't be anywhere near the 22 because they're not as talented as someone like Stack.
give me stack everyday over Rioli at least Stack wont crumble under pressure like Rioli did against Carlton.

Truth is you could drop 8 or 9 thats how bad so many were. Gotta start addressing the midfield and fwd line problems with just Prestia and Lambert gone the cupboard looks bare especially contested ball and clearances.

Castagna had me in fits of laughter just how horrid is his disposal.Its like watching a kid learning to kick.P
lay Sonsie ffs.
Reckon its time to revisit Caddy fwd with jack out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back