Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Carlton and Changes for R2 vs GWS

Best 5 vs Carlton?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why is he still on the list? If he is not wanted try another player/kid, waste of a spot. I say this without knowledge of his contract which may impact the decision, but if unwanted or trouble surely we cut our losses.
Because he's contracted and with cap and list reductions other clubs aren't willing to take on bog average fringe players like they may have in the past. I'd be shocked if he's offered another deal by us.

It's apparently Bolton's groin, was feeling for it at training and trained away from main group.

Seriously, since the start of 2019... WTF. Have we seen our best 22 or even best 20-21 players together for basically any period outside 2-3 games?

We either think a couple of things. The old guys can take us to another flag or they cannot and we need the kids to step up.

If we are not winning a flag then we must start playing kids.
The oldies are in decline and it silly to expect them to carry us to another flag. A lot of the kids we have may not be good enough but for me its time to find out one way or another especially with the ones who have been around for three or more seasons.

I have a question outside of our vets thats players aged 29 plus who are the players left that are out and out definate keepers even if other clubs offer heaps for them. Imo i dont think there are too many and reality is so far only a few look capable of stepping into the oldies shoes.

Any way i think we miss one big point here when we are looking to select teams. If the oldies are past it and can no longer get us where we want to get then it is time to start phasing them out instead of leaving blokes out of the team who need exposure to the level.

The gap between our experienced players and 22 and unders for games played would be the biggest in the comp. For me its about playing as many of the younger players as possible and cop the pain that will come with it rather than delaying it another season.

This weeks team

Grimes - Tarrant - Stack
Short - Miller - Gibcus

McIntosh - Pickett - Broad
Nankervis - Martin - Bolton

Ralphsmith - Balta - Sonsie
Cumberland - Lynch - Caddy

Int from : RC-D - Dow - Graham - Baker- Cotchin - Ross - Rioli

Gibcus we need to continue to get games into and its time to find another KPD and find out if Miller will make it or not. The only way we are going to find that out is play him. Stack is supposedly one of the most talented players we have play him i prefer down back.

Rolled Broad to a wing so Gibcus can stay. Reckon Broad has all the tools to play wing and surely is a better option than Ross. Would like to see Pickett in the centre i think he will give us at least a contest there with his hardness. its a bit outside the box but why not try it.

Ralphsmith high fwd makes sense imo, Sonsie too classy to leave out just gotta be a better option than Aarts, Cumberland instead of Castagna another no brainer imo.

With no other tall fwds to bring in and JR out then i think its time to see how Caddy goes. lets revisit 2018 where he kicked 46 goals.

No Prestia we need someone to help with clearances i think Dow and RC-D need to play, other option here is to play Ross inside or hope Cotchin can step up to somewhere near his best.

Some of the double standards around Stack are amazing. Comes back unfit and struggles through the preseason, but posters still have him a lock in the 22 because he is such a talent, yet other guys who come back in peak fitness and train hard throughout the summer shouldn't be anywhere near the 22 because they're not as talented as someone like Stack.
Selective posting. ...trained hard through the summer'... didn't they all train hard through the summer, including Stack. Evidently he was doing extra work, extra boxing sessions to catch up on some of the work he didn't put in in October!

His November training was a little behind, although exaggerated by Ceasar on the other forum who said he was up with the pack in the early part of training but ran out of legs. They do flog them that time of year. But since he has had 4 months of solid training. Enough to be named best with Pickett two weeks ago playing as a wingman.

So fair to say he has done enough to have his name put forward, one because he has done the work and two because he can play.

Hope for:
Out - Riewoldt, Prestia, Aarts, Ross
In - Miller, RCD, Cumberland, Caddy

Balta goes forward for the entire game instead of being swung about. RCD in is a no-brainer. Cumberland deserves a crack, has pace and cracking kick can see him on a wing/HF role. I've always loved Caddy as the 3rd tall and wish Dimma would give him the opportunity to play it, Lynch deep and Caddy between him and Balta. Can't be making wholesale changes against a GWS team who we often play well against. Maybe stack in for Castagna but i didn't mind his game last week.

45/

He might do something right, but he does way too many things wrong.

The net result is that he's a liability.

Don’t tell me. The coaches obviously rate something he does or he wouldn’t have been moved into the midfield group this season

We either think a couple of things. The old guys can take us to another flag or they cannot and we need the kids to step up.

The oldies are in decline and it silly to expect them to carry us to another flag. A lot of the kids we have may not be good enough but for me its time to find out one way or another especially with the ones who have been around for three or more seasons.

I have a question outside of our vets thats players aged 29 plus who are the players left that are out and out definate keepers even if other clubs offer heaps for them. Imo i dont think there are too many and reality is so far only a few look capable of stepping into the oldies shoes.

Any way i think we miss one big point here when we are looking to select teams. If the oldies are past it and can no longer get us where we want to get then it is time to start phasing them out instead of leaving blokes out of the team who need exposure to the level.

The gap between our experienced players and 22 and unders for games played would be the biggest in the comp. For me its about playing as many of the younger players as possible and cop the pain that will come with it rather than delaying it another season.

This weeks team

Grimes - Tarrant - Stack
Short - Miller - Gibcus

Gibcus we need to continue to get games into and its time to find another KPD and find out if Miller will make it or not. The only way we are going to find that out is play him. Stack is supposedly one of the most talented players we have play him i prefer down back.

Rolled Broad to a wing so Gibcus can stay. Reckon Broad has all the tools to play wing and surely is a better option than Ross. Would like to see Pickett in the centre i think he will give us at least a contest there with his hardness. its a bit outside the box but why not try it.

Ralphsmith high fwd makes sense imo, Sonsie too classy to leave out just gotta be a better option than Aarts, Cumberland instead of Castagna another no brainer imo.

With no other tall fwds to bring in and JR out then i think its time to see how Caddy goes. lets revisit 2018 where he kicked 46 goals.

No Prestia we need someone to help with clearances i think Dow and RC-D need to play, other option here is to play Ross inside or hope Cotchin can step up to somewhere near his best.
sugar daddy dimma wont drop aarts

Cotchin and Edwards are list cloggers ?!?

I've heard it all. Gotta love R1 lol
Did i say that? nope. Just that they were very poor against Carlton and are no longer the players they were. Blind fred can see they are in decline and have been for a little while now. In fact how many here have made exactly that comment in recent seasons.

This weeks team

Grimes - Tarrant - Stack
Short - Miller - Gibcus

Reckon you have to temper what you want with what you will get. Not a chance in hell Mr. very hard to change his mind Hardwick is going to do a put all those new players in one side.

But I think we will see a transition of most of those players played through the first half of the season at least.

Important to knock off GWS at the G.
They should boost percentage next week versus Suns.
b Gibcus Grimes Broad
Baker Tarrant Short
KMac Graham Pickett
Bolton Balta Edwards
Rioli Lynch Castagna
foll Nank Martin Cotchin
i Aarts RCD* Soldo Stack
sub Ross
(like to see RCD at hbf)

Don’t tell me. The coaches obviously rate something he does or he wouldn’t have been moved into the midfield group this season
They moved him because we've stuffed up the development and recruiting in the midfield. It's a desperation play because there are giant holes in our midfield group and depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did i say that? nope. Just that they were very poor against Carlton and are no longer the players they were. Blind fred can see they are in decline and have been for a little while now. In fact how many here have made exactly that comment in recent seasons.
Yes, you did say it, you just didn't have the balls to use those words.

Selective posting. ...trained hard through the summer'... didn't they all train hard through the summer, including Stack. Evidently he was doing extra work, extra boxing sessions to catch up on some of the work he didn't put in in October!
Yep, I did that saying - 'trained hard over the summer'.
Like we are talking about professional athletes here.
The way people use the words 'trained hard over the summer' as to distinguish between someone who worked hard and someone who at under-14s level only trained a handful of times, yet miraculously appeared for all four pie nights the club held.

They moved him because we've stuffed up the development and recruiting in the midfield. It's a desperation play because there are giant holes in our midfield group and depth.

Exactly ... for the third year, we put all our eggs in the Prestia being fit basket and he hasn't.
When he's up and firing he's amazing, when he's out, there's not a soul capable of playing his role, so we compromise by putting Aarts there.
Or I'll put it another way .. theoretically if Aarts played for another club. How comfortable would you sleep knowing that not Cerra, Hewitt, Kennedy or Cripps was lining up on Dusty, Prestia, Cotchin, Bolton, Graham, whoever, but Aarts was?
You'd be f***** licking your lips.
Some can dance around the issue as much as they'd like, but that's basically what it comes down to. How would we fare up against him in the oppo midfield???
Licking the lips I tell ya!

In: Dow, Cumberland, McIntosh
Out: Riewoldt (Inj), Prestia (Inj), Aarts,

If Boltons groin rules him out then Stack comes in

Sub: Graham (Fitness)

Pickett and Ross to the middle

Gibcus, Tarrant, Grimes
Rioli, Broad, Short
McIntosh, Pickett, Ralphsmith
Baker, Bolton, Castagna
Balta, Lynch, Soldo

Nank, Martin, Edwards
Cotchin, Dow, Cumberland, Ross

It's apparently Bolton's groin, was feeling for it at training and trained away from main group.

Seriously, since the start of 2019... WTF. Have we seen our best 22 or even best 20-21 players together for basically any period outside 2-3 games?
where is the bolton out talk coming from

give me stack everyday over Rioli at least Stack wont crumble under pressure like Rioli did against Carlton.

Truth is you could drop 8 or 9 thats how bad so many were. Gotta start addressing the midfield and fwd line problems with just Prestia and Lambert gone the cupboard looks bare especially contested ball and clearances.

Castagna had me in fits of laughter just how horrid is his disposal.Its like watching a kid learning to kick.P
lay Sonsie ffs.
Reckon its time to revisit Caddy fwd with jack out.
Stack would be one of the first selected if he truly committed himself to being a professional footballer, but year after year he gets himself in some sort of trouble that puts him behind the pack, as such he has to make up a heap of ground before he comes into contention for the side.

As for dropping 8 or 9, it'd be a dead set shock to the system if you weren't calling for 8+ players to be dropped. Sonsie is coming off a very interrupted preseason, so I doubt we'll see him any time soon, while Caddy has seemingly had his papers well and truly stamped.

For mine the first port of call is the guys who have been in the system for a few seasons now and haven't grabbed their opportunity yet. Throw them into the mix and get a definitive answer as to whether they are worth persisting with, then if things really go pear shaped then start looking at the newer crop if we realise that a full rebuild is the direction we're heading.

imagine how good he'd be as a mid if we developed him as one after 2019

I remember thinking this kid will be a good midfielder for us. he looked good in his debut game against port
Get off the grass man or maybe get on it ,,,he’s had lots of chances , I don’t mind how he’s going right at the mo but don’t come at me that he hasn’t been given a chance , he hasn’t made the most of them , I’m holding he’s turned the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back