• Sydney Stack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liam Baker

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • Mabior Chol

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Was that before or after the goal umpire called a behind for the blooze and the score review numpties changed it to a goal with zero evidence?
This was the thing that most grated me on the night.....the bloody goal ump called behind cos he reckonned it hit the post....there is absolutely no ******* way that the video evidence showed conclusive evidence to overturn the umps decision......I've not heard of anyone questioning it

bet his opening script will be something like "a win for richmond, but an even bigger win for a young carlton side. they might not have got the 4 points, but they left the mighty M.C.Geeeeeeee with their heads held high on sunday evening. what seemed like another down season for the bluuuuuuess has ended in a glimmer of hope that they will turn it around in 2020, taking it up to an injury free flag contender in richmond after a stellar game against the eagles a week agoooo"
I'm very interested to Hear Mahers take on the game, he always brings the convo back to the Bloos.

This was the thing that most grated me on the night.....the bloody goal ump called behind cos he reckonned it hit the post....there is absolutely no ******* way that the video evidence showed conclusive evidence to overturn the umps decision......I've not heard of anyone questioning it
They showed a 'snickometer' type thing on the broadcast that had no sound spikes as the ball passed the post. Commentators mentioned it. What I'd like to know is WTF did this come from, when did the AFL announce it, when did the teams agree and how much testing has gone into it? Farcical.

Watching them against Adelaide they do like to roll the dice and cheat forward, the way we defend and hold our defence should stop those easy goals they get in when they're in acres of space.
They do and it’s why I rate Sheed as a threat to stop. Granted he isn’t the overall player that has that defensive side to his game but pushing forward and playing I guess what you’d call unaccountable footy, he is an extremely dangerous threat and hits the scoreboard either himself or with assists often. I’d love to a see a team take that away from him just as much as I’d love to see McGovern made accountable.

jeremy cameron

Did Stevo just give the "Tom Browne Tweet" of reports? He actually says nothing conclusive.

"scans on an injury" very specific

"in doubt for this week"

"and possibly beyond"

"some uncertainty if its a know or a strain"

"in doubt, to be tested"

Another Sunday Prime Time game for the biggest club in the land. I'll bet next Saturday will be a riveting Geelol home game borefest, and we are on a Sunday again.. Bloody freezing, and these campaigners that bring their scum relos into Tiger member areas - delist yourselves, or at least tell your relos to learn English and learn the rules FFS..

I read the first 10 pages of the thread and I thought we lost by 10 goals. Sheesh.. If you stayed home coz you might get wet, don't judge the players based on TV performances while you sift through your cheese platter under a cozy blanket.

It was VERY cold, wet and windy. It looked like it was spitting on TV, but it was pouring for periods of the game. I had flashbacks of 1984ish sitting in the old stand with the other 4000 members.. Delusional Carltoon supporters honestly thought they were a chance without Dusty. Maybe they were right in the last quarter when De Boy told hold of the game. You might have some hope until you hit the brick wall of Prestia, Ross and Graham. Their forwards may have hit another brick wall of Grimes, Astbury and the rebound of Houli. Those bagging Short on Broad. Focus on the big picture. What these guys do behind the scenes (as a back 6) - things you don't see when cutting the cheese, or sipping the Lambrusco under your blanket is the organization and placement of the defense as they set up. This IS the best backline I've seen since Jess, Stratchan, Landy, Keane, Malthouse and Dunne. Broad has his "Rance Moments" but has a way of making up for them. Short will be part of the best 18 come finals.

For such a crap day, the game was over by half time. Vlastuin can be forgiven for gifting Carltoon's goal by recognizing the countless intercepts and pinpoint passing. Lynch and Jack missed easy early opportunities. But our ball movement / gamestyle was still a dry weather game - not afraid to switch, waiting for the right moment and then attacking the corridor. Carltoon had no answers, they were playing an 18 man defense, and their targets were the boundary lines. Their best were their older players that would simply pass the ball sideways. Cripps - although a champion, was just as influential as Dusty sitting in the stands.

Second half the rain came HARD. Jack started taking pack marks, and Lynch one grab marks with a wet ball. Prestia was playing with a dry ball all day, and Jack Graham's party was now a defensive role. Carltoon started to play a lot better, but you could tell we had the cue in the rack. Nank was getting more involved as the day wore on. Last Quarter was interesting as De Boy and co really started bring the Blooze into the game. Silvagni's head high tackle / push in the back was rewarded as a free to him and McDonalds.. oops, McGovern marked and goaled. Gibbs hit the post - yes - it snicked the post, we were in the perfect spot, Bolton gave away 100 meters, and Astbury was pinned with no prior / incorrect disposal. Not to mention Lynch and Jack's jumpers were stretched 5 sizes larger, and (cue the Benny Hill music), Jack was awarded a Free Kick for holding / jumper punch by De Boy, but the non controlling up decided that Carltoon had taken the advantage "play on".. But hang on, it was not a Carton free kick, unless you have an agenda....

Maybe they WERE a chance without Dusty...and Cotchin...and Rance... Let them have hope. We were never in any danger of losing this game. Setup with a typical Richmond like first half, and we grinded through the second half in second gear. The ONLY positive for Carlton was that they dragged us down to their level in the second half. What I would be more worried about is what they will do once Simpson retires.

Chol did look lost at times, the weather suited him more than Soldo. Rioli went missing and should NOT be flying for pack marks with Lynch and Jack in forward 50. Stack quiet. Ross will be a superstar in the Hannebury mold. Selection committee will have some genuine headaches.

In - Martin, Cotchin, Soldo (if dry)
Out - Rioli, Bolton, Chol (if dry)

Another Sunday Prime Time game for the biggest club in the land. I'll bet next Saturday will be a riveting Geelol home game borefest, and we are on a Sunday again.. Bloody freezing, and these campaigners that bring their scum relos into Tiger member areas - delist yourselves, or at least tell your relos to learn English and learn the rules FFS..

I read the first 10 pages of the thread and I thought we lost by 10 goals. Sheesh.. If you stayed home coz you might get wet, don't judge the players based on TV performances while you sift through your cheese platter under a cozy blanket.

It was VERY cold, wet and windy. It looked like it was spitting on TV, but it was pouring for periods of the game. I had flashbacks of 1984ish sitting in the old stand with the other 4000 members.. Delusional Carltoon supporters honestly thought they were a chance without Dusty. Maybe they were right in the last quarter when De Boy told hold of the game. You might have some hope until you hit the brick wall of Prestia, Ross and Graham. Their forwards may have hit another brick wall of Grimes, Astbury and the rebound of Houli. Those bagging Short on Broad. Focus on the big picture. What these guys do behind the scenes (as a back 6) - things you don't see when cutting the cheese, or sipping the Lambrusco under your blanket is the organization and placement of the defense as they set up. This IS the best backline I've seen since Jess, Stratchan, Landy, Keane, Malthouse and Dunne. Broad has his "Rance Moments" but has a way of making up for them. Short will be part of the best 18 come finals.

For such a crap day, the game was over by half time. Vlastuin can be forgiven for gifting Carltoon's goal by recognizing the countless intercepts and pinpoint passing. Lynch and Jack missed easy early opportunities. But our ball movement / gamestyle was still a dry weather game - not afraid to switch, waiting for the right moment and then attacking the corridor. Carltoon had no answers, they were playing an 18 man defense, and their targets were the boundary lines. Their best were their older players that would simply pass the ball sideways. Cripps - although a champion, was just as influential as Dusty sitting in the stands.

Second half the rain came HARD. Jack started taking pack marks, and Lynch one grab marks with a wet ball. Prestia was playing with a dry ball all day, and Jack Graham's party was now a defensive role. Carltoon started to play a lot better, but you could tell we had the cue in the rack. Nank was getting more involved as the day wore on. Last Quarter was interesting as De Boy and co really started bring the Blooze into the game. Silvagni's head high tackle / push in the back was rewarded as a free to him and McDonalds.. oops, McGovern marked and goaled. Gibbs hit the post - yes - it snicked the post, we were in the perfect spot, Bolton gave away 100 meters, and Astbury was pinned with no prior / incorrect disposal. Not to mention Lynch and Jack's jumpers were stretched 5 sizes larger, and (cue the Benny Hill music), Jack was awarded a Free Kick for holding / jumper punch by De Boy, but the non controlling up decided that Carltoon had taken the advantage "play on".. But hang on, it was not a Carton free kick, unless you have an agenda....

Maybe they WERE a chance without Dusty...and Cotchin...and Rance... Let them have hope. We were never in any danger of losing this game. Setup with a typical Richmond like first half, and we grinded through the second half in second gear. The ONLY positive for Carlton was that they dragged us down to their level in the second half. What I would be more worried about is what they will do once Simpson retires.

Chol did look lost at times, the weather suited him more than Soldo. Rioli went missing and should NOT be flying for pack marks with Lynch and Jack in forward 50. Stack quiet. Ross will be a superstar in the Hannebury mold. Selection committee will have some genuine headaches.

20 degrees this Sunday :thumbsu:

For me it's more about Balta getting another run before the finals to see if he has improved, the 2 are pretty similar for output in my opinion. The coaching staff might also want to have a look at soldo/nank in the same team. Not against chol staying in by any means
Only qualification about Balta's highlight was that it was against Princess Park 3rds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d say as good as graham was.....it was balanced the other way by having so many smalls out of touch today, had they played a bit better those 4 goals graham kicked would’ve been spread between the other players.
I’d rate this as a pretty crappy game, undisciplined too.
Better explain this. This was in relation to jack Graham’s 4 goals, someone said we were lucky he kicked 4 and saved us. The point l was trying to make was it evened out because we had so many of our smalls out of form this game. Graham was awesome. Hope it clears it up.

I was sitting in a good spot to see this one and it was a goal, we laughed at them reviewing it we were so certain

Post of the thread I reckon!

We smashed them in first possession post clearance which fed our outside run,again a stat we smashed them which again lead to us smashing them in meters gained.
We can still smash them in those stats and win contested possession as well.

I think contested possession differential it is one of the better KPI’s amongst all the crap stats recorded in the media.

Mods please file under “POTY contenders”.

Not a hope in hell Balta will play this year. Fanciful thinking.
Not sure about that. He was awesome in the 2s and could potentially play second Ruck and come off the half back line which means the selectors could drop chol and short who have both been average for a while now. We need to find places for Cotch and Dusty cos Jack Ross ain't going anywhere. Wouldn't mind kmac back in too.

Back