• Sydney Stack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liam Baker

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • Mabior Chol

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol I remember at one point their cheer squad and crowd went up because Grimes shepherded one of their blokes on the goal line. The ball was within a couple of metres of them. I know we are hated by the umps and they got some cheap 50s but that was incredibly ambitious appealing lol. I nearly ran a rule book out to them at that point. Delusional fools.

Yep deep in the last when they still sorta had a sniff. I was laughing at the TV listening to them go nuts over a legal shepherd. But fair to them, all of their other goals in the last had come from bs free kicks so maybe they wanted another..

I'm really impressed by Ross' output considering his limited game time. He really is a natural ball winner and something we sorely miss. I can see him becoming an integral part of midfield for many years to come.

Building up to the finals, with Cotchin and Dusty to return, its really a challenge to see who drops out of the team. I'm guessing Baker and Bolton but both players play a very different role to Dusty and Cotchin. Ross is really warming the bed for Cotch in that role whereas Bolton plays a more outside role where he uses his speed and hand-balling skills to create play. Dusty slots straight back into the midfield/forwardline role but Baker is more of a small defensive forward.

I love the fact its hard to choose a team and love the fact there are so many players in the VFL side atm who could easily slot into the side.

Against the Eagles we have a much taller side now that can counter their contested marking capabilities than in the past. I feel they still have a very strong forwardline with many small forwards that are hard to match up on. This will test the defensive abilities of our half backs such as Houli and Short. Grimes and Astbury will have their hands full with Darling and Kennedy so Flossy and Broad will need to cover the others and intercept the marks instead of Grimes this week.

Up forward, McGovern is always the biggest concern though now with Jack and Lynch, I'm hoping he becomes too concerned about being accountable to them to take many marks himself.

Should be a cracker of a game and I'm looking forward to seeing how we match up on the Premiers of last year as they hit their peak. I for one, think we'll embarrass them!

Question for anyone who knows the rules. In the second quarter some Carlton bloke took a sliding mark at their goal and then slid across the line between the goals and points. He then kicked the ball from behind the goal line back inside the field of play to Thomas who marked about 20m out. Watching, i was sure that it should be a point for one of 2 reasons. 1: the ball is live after the kick, and was across the goal line (= point). 2: the Carlton bloke didn't go back to the point where he took the mark to take the kick. In essence, he took the kick from a spot other than his mark where it should have been called play on (= point). This is a bit wordy but I'm sure all of you remember when it happened. Anyone knowing the rules please help me out cause I lost my s**t at the TV/commentators when no-one said anything.
I don't know the answer but the umpiring was like the keystone cops at times

giphy.gif

Ok, I haven't read any of this thread yet but correct me if I'm wrong, we're locked in for an interstate QF now. The only way of getting Geelong "away" is extremely remote, it would require...

Geelong would have to beat Brisbane at the Gabba

West Coast would have to beat Richmond at the G

Adelaide would have to beat Collingwood.

...The likelihood of all that happening is less than 5% IMO
Brisbane beat Geelong and we win our two games, four teams finish on 64 points, Geelong top on percentage, Richmond fourth on percentage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

have to win both games especially if collingwood win both games.
The one scenario i dont want to see is us finishing 5th and playing the dogs first week of finals if they get there.

Yep. That's my greatest fear too but, saying that, we are a stronger team now than we were when we faced them last time and understand how to beat that keepings off game they used against us the last two times they played us.

Can't wait for this weekend, R22 and its the first H&A game Cotchin & Ross will actually lineup in the same side. IMO it'll be all our best midfield playing too
Nank, Soldo in the Ruc, Martin, Cotchin, Prestia, Ross, Edwards the on-ballers, Graham & Caddy with some added defensive pressure, then Ellis, Lambert, maybe Kmac on the wings. I love this combination and it'll give WC some nightmares

So what a people thinking matchups wise for our back six against eagles?. Small forwards a the worry for me.Even Allen playing well.Do we need to consider Garthwaite been playing well in vfl.

Our skills need to be top notch this week and delivery into to our forward 50 pin point low to not high so McGovern mops up.

As for selection Ross stays in for me even with Cotch and Dusty coming in we need Ross to give these guys a chop out even Prestia and Dusty can drif forward.Bolton stays for me ,but needs to perform and reminded what's required need his speed on the G.Soldo and Chol the selection headache I think Soldo could work over Hickey.

Last edited:
have to win both games especially if collingwood win both games.
The one scenario i dont want to see is us finishing 5th and playing the dogs first week of finals if they get there.
The Dons would be nice though. Especially if it worked that we got Geelong the next week at the G! Would probably mean an interstate Prelim though.

Back