• Sydney Stack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liam Baker

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • Mabior Chol

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Caddy was my thought too but if Soldo plays I reckon Nank can cause havoc up forward. Rather than tag McGovern, the extra tall could force him to be accountable. As I've said many times: Nank is a great contested mark.

And as someone else said: reward leads and don't bomb it in.
Have said that all along!

Caddy was my thought too but if Soldo plays I reckon Nank can cause havoc up forward. Rather than tag McGovern, the extra tall could force him to be accountable. As I've said many times: Nank is a great contested mark.

And as someone else said: reward leads and don't bomb it in.
Yeah I agree, he really is a good contested mark. Although the forward line would be relatively immobile, an attack with Nankervis, Riewoldt and Lynch would be great in the air. If we hit up leads with those three players in there, then I think our forward line could have a good day.

Not sure if we will employ such a tactic if it is wet though

Yeah I agree, he really is a good contested mark. Although the forward line would be relatively immobile, an attack with Nankervis, Riewoldt and Lynch would be great in the air. If we hit up leads with those three players in there, then I think our forward line could have a good day.

If Nank plays CHF i would drop JR...

Be worse in the dry. West Coast would just waltz it out. Jack is nowhere near the player that he was before his injury. Struggling to cover the ground, his greatest asset. Chol at least puts the heat on at ground level and cover the ground when setting up our zone like forward press as good as a small. We are plenty tall enough with Lynch in the form he is. Crashing packs and taking marks. If you want to make McGovern accountable, make Chol tag him up forward, he will have the pace and it will lead to lots of spillages, something WC are not used to, and we love.

With Cotch ruled out, I would not be dropping Jack. Yes he is struggling at the moment but we need his leadership. I would much rather play Balta than Chloe. He is in better form and a much harder match up for McGovern. I would also like to play Menadue (or Markov or Naish) to tag Gaff. We need options come finals time.

With Cotch ruled out, I would not be dropping Jack. Yes he is struggling at the moment but we need his leadership. I would much rather play Balta than Chloe. He is in better form and a much harder match up for McGovern. I would also like to play Menadue (or Markov or Naish) to tag Gaff. We need options come finals time.
Surely Ellis can tag Gaff. After all he is a defensive winger, or is he too important down back. I'd like the Balta swap also, also as insurance for an off the leash Darling.

Jack who?

Players of that quality, what a headache it would cause, then throw in the smalls in the mix - Wow. I'd say better to play Nank at CHF. And roam defence when we need him .

Last edited:
Craig McRae in his summation of the VFL game said of Noah Balta that they were tidying up some of his concentration stuff. Seems that pretty well rules him out of contention at AFL level in 2019. Consequently, the ruck combinations will almost certainly be Soldo, Nankervis and Chol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do like the idea of Chol making McGovern accountable and when he goes into the ruck and Nank is on the bench, I'd move Caddy on to him and Castgna/Rioli/Stack up on the wing.

They play a very similar game to us in one way and completely the opposite in another. Like us, they like to sling shot from the backline and drive it quickly down the wing and into the forwardline. Unlike us, they like to use their talls to link up and frequently use the wings to drive the ball forward. Like us they have talls and smalls in their forwardline that can cause havoc, unlike us their rely upon clean entries.

The key to the game will be at the bookends. Stop their defense and we stop their attack. Stop their wingers and marks down the line and we break down their link up play.

Back