Autopsy Roast & toast vs Essendon and changes for Port Adelaide

Best vs Dons

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest thing for me is that we just don’t get any reward on the scoreboard when we have momentum, we simply can’t get the easy goals we used to get. Plenty of that is to do with Lynch being out but I wish we would just take the easy option more often. Hit up the short kicks to guys around the 45-50 metre mark, yeah they may be tougher shots at goal but it will force the oppo into something different, jack can no longer bring the ball to ground outnumbered and even when he does we don’t have the forward pressure to hold it in like we used to. Mansell cops his fair whack on here but he just has to play at the moment because he’s the only one willing to apply repeat manic pressure.
Absolutely so why don’t we try a few of our untried youth, biggy , Bauer even youngy as marking targets rather than throw a dart at the wall and use the likes of Pickett deep forward , it’s farcical, and prob won’t change until r 23

Painful but very interesting breakdown of the final plays of the game and also highlights some of the points Drunken Wookie made about breaking down of on field leadership and communication

How they end up with a +1 inside 50 is pretty terrible. In that chain they had 3 players un maned, where did our blokes go?

Our aerial game is the worst in the comp at the moment, be nice to have a good 3rd tall.... Even a second tall up front for that matter. I'm not going to slag Sampson as it's his first off game in a while.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

So you think the gameplan had more impact on the result on Saturday night?

Or do you think those mistakes I highlighted earlier played more or a factor?

i agree they are mistakes but it's happening way too often and for way too long. Its upto the coaches and playing group to fix it.
To show up to play every few weeks is not good enough! coaches & players need to learn and grow

Absolutely so why don’t we try a few of our untried youth, biggy , Bauer even youngy as marking targets rather than throw a dart at the wall and use the likes of Pickett deep forward , it’s farcical, and prob won’t change until r 23
100%
I know Dion has copped a bit after a subpar performance but i lost count of the times he was in acres of space and was ignored just so we could bomb it long to Ridley
Required a simple kick and then it was him delivering into the forward line not macintosh and the bevy of butchers

leadership sucks at tigerland. We need someone to lead from the front like Bakes.
I don’t really get statements like this
Bakes was playing and nothing is stopping him from leading from the front right now as an experienced senior player

If Baker was the captain Saturday night instead of Grimes/Nank the game is still played in the exact same way

The only difference the official title of captain makes is they do extra media and extra off field responsibilities surrounding the playing group and discipline

Did anyone watch the saints today 11 up 2 minutes to play well they played smart footy kicked it short to each other ran down the clock very much like how we play when we r up with less than 2 minutes to play
Seriously how hard is it to manage winning a game with some footy smarts
You should Lyon with about 7 or 8 minutes to go against Carlton. About 20 points in front, leaning back in his chair, arms crossed, looking at the game without a care in the world.

He knew they could keep playing for hours and Carlton weren’t catching up.

As a Richmond supporter you’re nervous pretty much until the siren. At Freo, Ross would get a 3 goal lead and then just shut it down. Sometimes for half a game.
Is it me but why have we got two sacked senior coaches on our panel
One loos after defence and we have nearly the worst kick in stay in the league it’s like giving the ball to the opposition for a free shot at goal every time we kick in
The other looks after our forwards and the system going in and the structure in the 50 absolutely stinks
Also our fitness levels need to be addressed IMO
Were highly rated assistants.
Seen the same movie for a while now with a few different actors, but with the same producer behind it all. Scary s**t.
I’ve seen some movies a lot of times but this one the most.

I see all the oppo trolls are back this week in our thread after a loss weak campaigners, if I was mod would ban you all gutter trash flogs

Can you name them for future reference?I’m never sure if they’re oppo trolls or they’re fair dinkum fans saying s**t things.

I don’t really get statements like this
Bakes was playing and nothing is stopping him from leading from the front right now as an experienced senior player

If Baker was the captain Saturday night instead of Grimes/Nank the game is still played in the exact same way

The only difference the official title of captain makes is they do extra media and extra off field responsibilities surrounding the playing group and discipline

Captain & leaders have been in sport way before the media BS & off field stuff started. The leader is someone the players look upto on field to lead from the front. specially the younger players. They need the spark that the leader provides. Chimp was great at it and always took the lead. It's missing now as both captains have been pretty average and i saw Toby spraying Hugo for not kicking it over his head (55m). not on!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Captain & leaders have been in sport way before the media BS & off field stuff started. The leader is someone the players look upto on field to lead from the front. specially the younger players. They need the spark that the leader provides. Chimp was great at it and always took the lead. It's missing now as both captains have been pretty average and i saw Toby spraying Hugo for not kicking it over his head (55m). not on!
But like I said Baker was playing and nothing is stopping him from displaying leadership traits and making his presence felt

In fact if he wants to be the next captain he should be doing what’s required of him right now without the official title so next pre season when the players and coaching staff are voting for the captain they vote him in

Leaders don’t wait until they are given the role they display the traits and do the job and the title is given to them afterwards

Acting like if Baker was captain on Saturday night instead of Nank the game plays out any differently is fanciful

Still not over it

Angry Office GIF

But like I said Baker was playing and nothing is stopping him from displaying leadership traits and making his presence felt

In fact if he wants to be the next captain he should be doing what’s required of him right now without the official title so next pre season when the players and coaching staff are voting for the captain they vote him in

Leaders don’t wait until they are given the role they display the traits and do the job and the title is given to them afterwards

Acting like if Baker was captain on Saturday night instead of Nank the game plays out any differently is fanciful

My opinion is not based on 1 game, its based on season 22 & 23 so far. They are great blokes but not leaders.

My opinion is not based on 1 game, it’s based on season 22 & 23 so far. They are great blokes but not leaders.
I don’t disagree but that wasn’t your initial post

You said leadership sucks at Tigerland but simply naming Baker captain instead doesn’t solve that issue because Baker has just as much opportunity to display leadership on Saturday night as Nank or Grimes but didn’t as did Cotch and Jack

That same sentiment can be applied to the entire year

Before the essendon game I still thought we'd go on a run and be pretty competitive come september, but we are now too inconsistent and not disciplined enough to play all 4 quarters and have the fortitude to win close games. I also thought the close losses will turn around and after the close ones to carlton, bulldogs we'd have learnt and corrected things now it is our identitiy and not an anomaly. We are in a weird spot because I don't think we are far off being a top6 side but then you look at the ladder and the only teams below us are teams that have gut their list and are in full rebuild mode

The curious case of the the Richmond football club

The thing is , we are s**t in tough moments , we choke badly.

However we are in every game until the last quarter. It doesn't matter if the team is s**t or good. We are always in it.

Does this suggest that we are decentish but just have a bad case of the chokes ? Or maybe a lack of fitness ?

If we are truly s**t then we would be smashed and out of the game 2nd or third quarter . But we are genuinely in every game. So what gives. Why are we so mentally weak when we seem to have the tools to actually win most games
Probably because when we were good we just destroyed teams. Never got practice in close games 😂

Probably because when we were good we just destroyed teams. Never got practice in close games 😂
Good old days of the arm wrestle until half time and blow them away in the 3rd and piss around in the 4th

I think you would be surprised at how many times an 'injured' players has played and you didn't notice it. When it goes well, you don't notice. When it goes poorly, you do.

I would extremely confident to say Jack has played at that level of injury before and has at least competed, provided a target and brought the ball to ground.players get in the field with minor niggles

I’m full aware that some players play with niggles

but jack at age 34 playing injured or very sore in a key position role …solo( without Lynch to take the heat off) is a totally different proposition

you can tell he is isn’t 100%…far off it …and has been for most of the season

i reckon the club needs to rest him…if he continues to play in his current state, his retirement may come sooner than expected

im expecting Jack to to rested/ out injured this week if he’s not 100%

Back