Autopsy Roast & toast vs Essendon and changes for Port Adelaide

Best vs Dons

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Captain & leaders have been in sport way before the media BS & off field stuff started. The leader is someone the players look upto on field to lead from the front. specially the younger players. They need the spark that the leader provides. Chimp was great at it and always took the lead. It's missing now as both captains have been pretty average and i saw Toby spraying Hugo for not kicking it over his head (55m). not on!

Ralphy boy is lucky he's not playing suburban footy. In suburban footy the captain would've been within his rights to grab him by that 💩 mullet and slam his head against a wall after the 2nd time.

I am guessing in your opinion that fix's the issue? You sir are the wise one!

You're assuming wrong. Gotta love people who think they can read the minds of someone they've never met on the back of 2 sentences. Simple fact is Ralphsmith is a cat. Hes in his 4th year, his best game was good nothing spectacular. On paper he seems to have the attributes to break the lines like Foley, Deledio, White, Dan Rioli do but I'd be shocked if he's ever ran more than 20m ball in hand thus far. Given similar opportunity Banks and or Brown/ Campbell will leapfrog his limited output. Ralphy is looking a 3 club 60 game journey man to me at best.

Captain & leaders have been in sport way before the media BS & off field stuff started. The leader is someone the players look upto on field to lead from the front. specially the younger players. They need the spark that the leader provides. Chimp was great at it and always took the lead. It's missing now as both captains have been pretty average and i saw Toby spraying Hugo for not kicking it over his head (55m). not on!
Yes think we are lacking some on field leadership Nank gives away too many frees and Grimes seems to be down in form and going backwards like he did in2016 always looking to kick sideways or back
You're assuming wrong. Gotta love people who think they can read the minds of someone they've never met on the back of 2 sentences. Simple fact is Ralphsmith is a cat. Hes in his 4th year, his best game was good nothing spectacular. On paper he seems to have the attributes to break the lines like Foley, Deledio, White, Dan Rioli do but I'd be shocked if he's ever ran more than 20m ball in hand thus far. Given similar opportunity Banks and or Brown/ Campbell will leapfrog his limited output. Ralphy is looking a 3 club 60 game journey man to me at best.
Agree Hugo does not inspire me that he will in fact make it
Seems very timid he doesn’t go when he needs to his disposal and decision making is suspect and not up to standard
Hope I am wrong but he needs to improve a lot in many areas especially desperation and attack on the ball
All up to Hugo

Man, We were so close to losing Vlastuin during the 1st qtr

Foot slides forward rather than digging in

c8fb6c0718af9319e2c77f3ba66cd1e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

2 days on and the result still stings. While we didn't play great, it would have been a character building win to take the 4 points while playing average. Wasn't to be and plenty have analysed how we blew it.

So many little moments throughout a game that you can look back on that costs you when the result is under a kick. While many have rightly highlighted Mansell's miss, Jacks soccer forward to a spare Bomber, Hepell marking at half-back when we had the outnumber at ground level. There are heaps of other moments throughout the game that could swing the result, right on 3qtr time if Dusty's shot carries an extra meter it's a goal. Dusty also kicking it out on the full in the last (left foot from the pocket), when we were 2-3 goals up. Similarly Ryan is paid a mark in the 1st qtr when the ball clearly hits the ground and we kick a goal. Swings and roundabouts with all these moments throughout 4 quarters.

Ultimately this year is starting to feel like we just won't quite be good enough, for long enough to win enough games to play finals. Still a long way to go but clearly Lynch's injury has really hurt our forward line. He was the one player we couldn't afford to lose and unfortunately it happened. Our method going inside 50 has been poor for a while, but the difference in 2022 was we had fit and firing Lynch clunking plenty of marks and not allowing oppo intercept defenders to have a field day.

The frustrating thing is, we've shown an ability to adjust going I50 v Melbourne and Geelong to great success. Which just puzzles as to why the coaches/players (impossible to know whether the instruction is or isn't being given by the coaches or it's the players just now lowering their eyes) don't pull that lever during games when it's clear the long bomb deep just isn't working.

Before the essendon game I still thought we'd go on a run and be pretty competitive come september, but we are now too inconsistent and not disciplined enough to play all 4 quarters and have the fortitude to win close games. I also thought the close losses will turn around and after the close ones to carlton, bulldogs we'd have learnt and corrected things now it is our identitiy and not an anomaly. We are in a weird spot because I don't think we are far off being a top6 side but then you look at the ladder and the only teams below us are teams that have gut their list and are in full rebuild mode
Feel exactly same way , on one hand you think we re not far away but we’re in s**t company

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man, We were so close to losing Vlastuin during the 1st qtr

Foot slides forward rather than digging in

c8fb6c0718af9319e2c77f3ba66cd1e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
it's always been my theory that long stops went out with the dinosaur for two reasons - 1. COMFORT. 2. Grounds are lush but firm, night games espesh you are better off slipping than having those one inch pointy bastards digging in and doing an ankle or a knee when you change direction when off balance. good players rarely slip because they make sure they are balanced with a low centre of gravity before veering or swerving at full tilt. pendlebury, delidio, daicos boys classic example.

Assistant coach Andrew McQualter is expected to take the coaching reins for Sunday’s match against Port Adelaide at the MCG

Back