Autopsy Roast & toast vs Essendon & changes for EF vs Brisbane

Best vs Dons

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think the umpires will be fine

AFL would prefer we won cos they know Brisbane can’t win the flag and don’t bring in as many fans
I hope so Karp.
I have faith in our club to get the win but a few dodgy frees in front of goal to the oppo can give them belief.
Hopefully our performance snuffs the umpiring out.

Won't help them.

We'll win anyway.
I believe this,sorry about hanging it on the umps Dimma.

After watching our girls get towelled up by them,my paranoia rose again.

Our team will win.

C'mon you Tigers.

Ash will be there giving us support,wonder if she threw her beer on the TV after yesty's game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a nasty thing called Post Concussion Syndrome. My wife had it pretty bad after a sailing accident where the boom swung around and yep, you guessed it, Boom ! Hit her in the head and bowled her right into the water. Knocked out. Needed sea rescue.

She had symptoms for months, headaches, dizziness etc and was eventually diagnosed with PCS. The effects were nasty and lasted on and off for about a year. Concussion is no joke.

There's a nasty thing called Post Concussion Syndrome. My wife had it pretty bad after a sailing accident where the boom swung around and yep, you guessed it, Boom ! Hit her in the head and bowled her right into the water. Knocked out. Needed sea rescue.

She had symptoms for months, headaches, dizziness etc and was eventually diagnosed with PCS. The effects were nasty and lasted on and off for about a year. Concussion is no joke.
Adams didn't even get hit in the head and he's still struggling weeks later.

This from the Lions board......we are in their heads !!!

TBH, I'm surprised were not at longer odds.

The last 5 quarters from us have been abysmal while the Tigers have been humming along playing their Tiger brand of football.

Then there is the psychological barrier we will need to overcome. They have owned us for years, apart from a couple of wins we've put together at the Gabba more recently.

We have to be scarred from losing at the MCG a few weeks ago after leading by 7 goals. If they get the jump on us on Thursday night, it's hard to imagine how we can come back. On the other hand, they will believe that no matter how far we might be up, they can run us down if they just up the pressure on us.

It goes against the grain with me to be so pessimistic but I can see Richmond winning either quite comfortably by leading all the way or if not, turning the screws late to break our hearts again.

And this

Very different structure at Richmond though, Rioli has made a massive difference in his move down back and Lynch instead of Chol is also a different prospect. Add Bolton and Cumberland to the mix, and it's almost chalk and cheese.

Adams not getting up is another big loss for them. An already shaky defence coming up against the best forward line in the comp with one D. Martin also being added.

We really should win comfortably.
Let’s hope the boys don’t go on with this mindset, we need them to think it’ll be a tough game so they play their best! :D

Also, I've mentioned here before a few years ago that my younger brother played until he was nearly 40, mainly in country football in central Victoria. He was a good player. He believes over a 20 year career he has a least one severe concussion each year, playing as an inside mid you're in the thick of the action all the time.

Not long in before he retired he was driving home from a game and woke up sitting in his car in the middle of a paddock wit no idea how he got there. Docs believe that repeated concussion playing footy has caused him to develop epilepsy. It's changed his whole life and they also suspect he may have developed CTE Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy and we know how that ended with Danny Frawley and others.

Whilst we all have fun here and take the pi$$ it's important to remember that this can happen to anyone, falling off a ladder, playing sport or being in an accident. It's something I dont take for granted anymore.

Just sayin.

Adams didn't even get hit in the head and he's still struggling weeks later.
I hope he’s going to be okay, whatever it was that caused the concussion the side effects sound like they’ve been nasty. I don’t like Brisbane, but I don’t want to see any of their players (or anyone else’s) still suffering weeks after an injury.

Will be watching live in Positano! If we get the win I’ll be celebrating with every Italian I see that day.
Let’s show the bears that we are made for September!
Ill see your italy and raise you colombia! Could get messy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back