Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Essendon & Changes for R11 vs Sydney

Best 5 vs Essendon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah the didgeroo hit was little aboriginals with no club gear on

I saw the vid, nasty nasty hit with the didgeridoo and then hit his head on the concrete. lucky to be alive
That vid was funny as all the talk is about women's violence and you had that one urging on the fighting:( Does anyone else think the rules are frustrating people so much they get so peed off and turn on each other?

We finally get the right mix together in the forward half with George and Maurice having the speed to put on the pressure whether it is perceived or actual pressure and people want to get one of them out for a slower player?

If we give Cumberland a go I would be happy for it to be replacing Lynch not George but feel we will just have Soldo spend more time at FF.

Out : Lynch, Lambert, Aarts
In - Pickett, Graham, Stack - Sub

At least with Cumberland playing we would get another left footy, since Bachar gone we only have Nank that is a regular.

If Cumberland gets a game they will have to make it at the expense of 4 who rotate through the wing in Kmac, Edwards, Picket or Graham. Can't see us losing the speed and zip of George and leaving to much pressure on Maurice in that role down there. I don't think Kmac has been in outstanding form either or maybe its a chance to rest Edwards again.

At least with Cumberland playing we would get another left footy, since Bachar gone we only have Nank that is a regular.

If Cumberland gets a game they will have to make it at the expense of 4 who rotate through the wing in Kmac, Edwards, Picket or Graham. Can't see us losing the speed and zip of George and leaving to much pressure on Maurice in that role down there. I don't think Kmac has been in outstanding form either or maybe its a chance to rest Edwards again.
Would you shut up about the speed of George….
Does it not matter that he doesn’t kick goals. MRJ has played how many games and is showing him how a goal kicking small pressure forward should play.

IN: Pickett, Graham, Cumberland
OUT: Lynch, Lambert and Edwards

Cumberland for a debut in replace for Lynch

Lambert for Pickett

And Edwards for Graham, personal don't think that Edwards does too much these days, I would rather see Cumberland get a look over a player like Edwards, who, lets face it, isn't up for a full 4 quarters of footy.

Even Castagna, when was the last time he was given a spell in the VFL? I still cant understand why we have POTENTIAL talent in RCD, Cumberlan, Stack etc and they are being left to rot away in the VFL, see what the game looks like without Castagna, what's the worse that could happen?

We already have Gibcus, MRJ & Ross in the side as added youth, right now as we're trying to cement our side in the eight, please no more youth thanks. Edwards has played well for the past month, George has only played two sub-par games for the entire year, they're locks in the side right now. With Graham & Pickett returning the spot up for grabs will be the sub.

Would you shut up about the speed of George….
Does it not matter that he doesn’t kick goals. MRJ has played how many games and is showing him how a goal kicking small pressure forward should play.
You need a minimum of two , if you take George out that puts so much pressure on Rioli.
George has done enough to warrant a place in the side. He plays a role that clearly the coaching staff want for our game style and I wish people would take the blinkers off regarding his spot.

There is a reason he keeps getting picked over the rest of the crew we have had like Butler, Higgins and even moving Dan to half back. It is not all about possessions and goals.

Most fans who watch just see the stats on the sheet and we know George can do some dumb s**t in front of goals but we have no idea what the coaches ask from him in that role, have we looked into the opponents he has had ?

The formula that was successful for us was 2-3 Small pressure forwards with whom it was never about goals or the stats sheet as to why they were in the side, it is purely for the structure and the way we play. I can not see anyone else on our list that can play George's role outside of both the Rioli's at this stage. Lambert and Edwards at the end and guys like Juddy in the twos aren't ready yet.

Tried Aarts and Stack in similar roles last year and it didn't work. I am all for Stack and Cumberland getting games as a mid sized goal kicking option forward but it comes at the expense of others and whether that be a Soldo, Lambert, Edwards etc whilst we are playing Lynch, Jack and Dusty up forward we MUST stick with the George/Maurice combo that gives us pressure and limits the run and drive from oppo half backs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need a minimum of two , if you take George out that puts so much pressure on Rioli.
George has done enough to warrant a place in the side. He plays a role that clearly the coaching staff want for our game style and I wish people would take the blinkers off regarding his spot.

There is a reason he keeps getting picked over the rest of the crew we have had like Butler, Higgins and even moving Dan to half back. It is not all about possessions and goals.

Most fans who watch just see the stats on the sheet and we know George can do some dumb s**t in front of goals but we have no idea what the coaches ask from him in that role, have we looked into the opponents he has had ?

The formula that was successful for us was 2-3 Small pressure forwards with whom it was never about goals or the stats sheet as to why they were in the side, it is purely for the structure and the way we play. I can not see anyone else on our list that can play George's role outside of both the Rioli's at this stage. Lambert and Edwards at the end and guys like Juddy in the twos aren't ready yet.

Tried Aarts and Stack in similar roles last year and it didn't work. I am all for Stack and Cumberland getting games as a mid sized goal kicking option forward but it comes at the expense of others and whether that be a Soldo, Lambert, Edwards etc whilst we are playing Lynch, Jack and Dusty up forward we MUST stick with the George/Maurice combo that gives us pressure and limits the run and drive from oppo half backs.

I think now more than ever, the criticism of Castagna is warranted. Sure, stats on their own aren't a way to judge a player - how about when they pass the eye test that is the initial form of judgement?

He's averaging 1.8 tackles a game, lower than any time in his career as a forward and rated below average for his position. Maybe his pressure is better and just not getting the reward? 11.7 pressure acts is a clear full-season low and rated below average too.

Accuracy in front of goal is down to 34.5% and while he's getting more of the ball, his kicking efficiency is 50.6%, which isn't good.

We have to acknowledge the fact that he has been involved in a lot of scoring chains and one way or another, he brings teammates into the play. That's probably why he stays in the team, finding space inside 50 is a weapon beyond the player themselves getting the ball.

The point of all this is to say, the argument is valid. He isn't marked tightly generally so his ball use is so concerning and a decrease in certain indicators will draw a lot more debate this season, because you then ask if a player coming in can do what he does offensively inside 50, given the pressure is well down.

Dimma said Samson is a chance but sounds like we'll go short like Carlton did last week. Lynch probably back the 2nd game after the bye. Pickett and Graham will play.

RJK will be upset that Dimma made another medical cannabis joke.
If we go short, probably just means Dusty plays FF

Think only changes will be Pickett and Graham for Lambert and Lynch
We have Nank and Soldo who can spend time forward like they did in the last qtr last week after Lynch was subbed out

If we go short, probably just means Dusty plays FF
Dimma hinted that we'll see more time forward for Bolton and Dusty, with Soldo playing down there too. He floated one of Stack or Cumberland as an option, but also said that Graham and Pickett will definitely come in so there may not be room for them.

Dimma hinted that we'll see more time forward for Bolton and Dusty, with Soldo playing down there too. He floated one of Stack or Cumberland as an option, but also said that Graham and Pickett will definitely come in so there may not be room for them.
Cheers mate, makes sense. No one wants to be playing on Dusty or Bolton out of the square.

Prediction for this week:

Gibcus, Tarrant, Broad
Vlastuin, Grimes, Baker
McIntosh, Cotchin, Pickett
Edwards, Soldo, Bolton
M. Rioli, Riewoldt, Castagna
Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
D. Rioli, Graham, Short, Ross

Missing Lynch hurts but we'll be a touch more zippy around the ground and, as much as I love Lambert, he only had 8 touches against Essendon and clearly struggled, we'll be better served by Graham.

Midfield of Cotchin, Martin, Prestia, Bolton, Edwards, Graham, Short, Ross, Pickett, McIntosh is pretty decent, that's almost 3 full sets of players we could start in the centre.

Prediction for this week:

Gibcus, Tarrant, Broad
Vlastuin, Grimes, Baker
McIntosh, Cotchin, Pickett
Edwards, Soldo, Bolton
M. Rioli, Riewoldt, Castagna
Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
D. Rioli, Graham, Short, Ross

Missing Lynch hurts but we'll be a touch more zippy around the ground and, as much as I love Lambert, he only had 8 touches against Essendon and clearly struggled, we'll be better served by Graham.

Midfield of Cotchin, Martin, Prestia, Bolton, Edwards, Graham, Short, Ross, Pickett, McIntosh is pretty decent, that's almost 3 full sets of players we could start in the centre.
Still looks a solid lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back